• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
have ehglish bersion pls.. i can t understand spanish.. or i dunno wht language was that @_@

Look closer on the first post - there is a link to the translated version by Snakebyte somewhere on there!

Just to be picky, but speak full English here just to make it easier to read

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
This is truly and amazing hack. Im playing it for the 3rd time lol. This time ganna finish it, got a new PC which hopefully wont explode on me like my previous 2 lol.

edit: i cant remember but in the english version why does the Pokemon center lady speak in foreign language?

Last edited:

zapdosa

GG
Years
Here's 3D boxart I made:

2d7bkaq.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2012
for me, it doesn't work. I downloaded a whole new Ruby ROM, and then used lips to patch it, and nothing. It just sits at a white blank screen...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Nice hacked, I like it :D
I like your tile and your story, but I don't like your music :( ,because your music don't you change.

Sorry if my English is bad, because I'm Indonesian

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
HOW THE F**K AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS FRICKING HACK?!?!?!?!?!?! I patched the Ruby ROM (which I downloaded from coolroms) with the English Version Hack, using LIPS. But when I start up the ROM, all that's there is a blank white screen! And NOBODY has answered mine or anyone else's questions about why this is happening. So I give your hack a 0/10 for not working at all! As far as i'm concerned, this hack doesn't work and is a pile of crap until I am proven wrong.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
HOW THE F**K AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS FRICKING HACK?!?!?!?!?!?! I patched the Ruby ROM (which I downloaded from coolroms) with the English Version Hack, using LIPS. But when I start up the ROM, all that's there is a blank white screen! And NOBODY has answered mine or anyone else's questions about why this is happening. So I give your hack a 0/10 for not working at all! As far as i'm concerned, this hack doesn't work and is a pile of crap until I am proven wrong.

It obviously does work if other people have got it to work. Are you sure your ROM is a clean Ruby ROM Version 1.0?

Years
I have to say that in terms of visuals, this is my current favorite hack. My only complaints so far are with the script and how everyone seems to just give you things. :P

>head upstairs from the outside of Prof. Jasmine's lab
>Pokeball on table
>Want to take it?
Sure!
>X received Elekid!
-----
>>You look young, you could use this more than I could.
>>Old man gives you an ultra ball.
-----
>>Hey! You look like a trainer. Do you want a Growlithe?
Yeah, sure!
>>Okay, here you go.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Yeah, I have a clean Ruby 1.0 ROM, properly patched in the English hack via LIPS, but when I load the ROM on VBA I just get a blank white screen.

Also, it seems like a pretty damn stupid rule that we can't ask for links to ROMs, even though we can use them, hack them and talk about them just fine. =/

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You, my dear sir, have proven to be unworthy of playing this hack.

But since you have calmed down a bit what about using another v1.0 ROM?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Never mind my question about Fire Stones. Got one in Victory Road, and a bunch more in Lauren. xD
So hmmm, I was catching the legendaries when something caught my eye, Arceus has a Mienshao sprite xD. Not that it's a big problem, but... Hahahah xD

View attachment 64217

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I got a question as well...

I'm now up to 6 badges.. I came this far without ever getting a map.. not that it's a major tool for being able to finish the game or something like that.. but I would still like to have a view over the world I'm actually playing in.

Where the hell do I get the map ? I'm sure I've spoken with everyone so far.. I'm usually pretty strict when it comes to searching everywhere for something I need..

Is it hidden somewhere ? Is it even in the game ?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Not sure if I have the right patch but I have gotten Charmelon,chikorita and mudkip/torchic/treecko before 1st gym.

Back