• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skylar's Goals

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i honestly haven't turned in the application yet. but my mom is planning on getting me a prepaid phone (a flip phone or something, not too expensive), so i can finally start things up with my VR. (vocational rehab, where they help you find jobs and stuff for people who have issues that prevent them from getting a job, mine would be depression or social anxiety/general anxiety bc it does sort of prevent me.)

and then when i get a phone and get things started with them i can finally start my resume and start turning in my resume to places i want to work. so..yeah.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ahh that would be super helpful! Has she kind of given you an estimate of when she'd get that done for you?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Hiya Skylar. just thought that I'd drop by and give my insight on stuff.

I have plenty of experience with mental health (and lack thereof) so I think that I'll try to be a little helpful for your sake.

I actually think that this animal shelter proposition could be healthier for you than you think. One of my best friends has had severe social anxiety for a long time. But about five months ago, she started a job, and she has become so much stronger because of it. It makes me very happy to see her improve so much. I'm hoping that you find a similar experience.

I went through a bout of depression in the past, so I can definitely provide some insight there. I don't know the exact implications of your situation, but I can definitely provide my support in any way possible.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
you're so sweet thank you ;w; i'm going to see if i can drop off my application off sometime this weekend or next week since me and my mom have plans this weekend anyways.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
hello, it's been a while! about a month to be exact. so i never entered in my application for the animal shelter, but i do have other news, good news. my mom got me a phone, a cheap flip phone but its better than nothing. i saw my VR on Monday. A VR is basically a program where they help you find jobs or help you figure out what you want to do with your life, if you have a disability or something that holds you back significantly. since i have depression and social anxiety/general anxiety, and these tend to hold me back significantly from doing what i want to do in my life, i work with a VR, vocational rehab services. i have probably explained this before but wanted to explain it again for any new viewers.

anyways i went to my VR on monday, and she asked me what i wanted to do. after some thought, and some..reluctance, i have decided that i want to go to college, or at least figure out what i want to do in college. i feel like if i go to college and get a degree and stuff, yadda yadda, i'll have a better grip on my life and myself an stuff like that. so i am doing an intake interview sometime next week with someone, so they can figure out things about me and write down stuff about me and have general info about me, because in april i will be taking a professional quiz type thing to help me figure out what i want to do in college, or at least help narrow it down significantly. so.. yeah.

college seems really scary to me, especially very big colleges with big classrooms and campuses with lots and lots of people. so if i do end up going to college, i want to go to a small college with not that many people, or at least a college where they have some sort of program where you can have smaller classrooms and smaller environments, 1 on 1 type learning, stuff like that. but i'd have to look into that stuff and yeah.

just wanted to update you guys on whats happening. if you guys have any questions or advice for me feel free to leave it here.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
sorry for the double post, but i took the intake interview today! it went well. they asked me a bunch of questions about myself such as my age, my birthday, what schools i went to, have i ever been suspended, what made me have depression, general stuff about my depression, stuff like that. i actually enjoyed doing it though surprisingly. next month on the 11th i have the quiz i have to take to narrow down my choices for what i want to do in college.

SirBoglor

Years
Hey! I'm glad that things are moving along smoothly for you. In regards to college, I'm glad that you're going and trying to figure out what you want. It seems that I'm actually one step ahead of you right now. I'm already here in college, trying to figure things out. This is good, since I can tell you a few things that may be helpful.

First of all, the picture that you paint in regards to small and large colleges isn't necessarily accurate. While you have less people to worry about in a smaller one, you also lose the comfort of being anonymous. In a smaller college, you have people noticing/approaching you very often which can be tiring for anyone with social anxiety. But in a larger one, nobody really cares. They make connections if you do, but otherwise nobody bothers you. As far as the classroom goes, you may not like large ones if you're claustrophobic or your social anxiety is in a bad state. The small ones force people onto you, though. If that makes sense. Hopefully, you'll pick the size that is the least stressful for your sake!

In regards to your career decision, just...don't expect it to happen overnight okay? It may bother you that you can't decide, or you keep on changing your mind, but don't let it get to you okay? You can't force these things, so just go with the flow when you get to college. You'll find your calling with time.

Last but not least, don't be afraid to seek counseling if your depression starts to run things too much. Feeling a lack of motivation, skipping class to sleep in, lack of eating. Things like this are signs that you may not be in control. For my sake, please seek help if this happens. Counseling is the best way to keep your mind in a happy state.

I hope that your quiz helps you figure things out a little bit. Be sure to let me know how it goes!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
thank you, boglor. you're such a sweetie. <3

i might look for a bigger college since the points you made were valid o-o there's a community college i think not too far from me, and it's not too big but not too small, about medium size i think. my mom also works there, so if i were to go in the fall, me and my mom could just drive there at the same time and it'd save gas and money so..yeah ;w;

about my depression, i will try my best to seek a counselor. i tend to not trust them too much though if they don't have any good experience with it or aren't exactly good in that field. when i went to public school for a year and a half in high school (then switched to an alternative private school), my counselor had no idea what to do with me and couldn't exactly help me. my teachers weren't very understanding about it, most of them. only 3 of them were, and i greatly appreciated them. if i didn't get suspended from my public school and then transferred to the private school i went to and graduated from, i'm not sure where i would be now. probably 10x worse.

anyways yeah. thank you for your advice hun<3

SirBoglor

Years
Generally, colleges tend to have counselors that know what they're doing. Usually they'll try to find a counselor that can relate to you, and can get along. It was a nice contrast from the 100% not helpful counselors from my hometown. Hopefully, you'll have a much better experience there!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
so erm. i have an appointment with my VR, Vocational rehab counselor on the 31st. we plan to discuss further plans and my results on the assessment i took then. i might ask about taking the sats or whatever they're called that you have to take to get into college.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
so erm. i have an appointment with my VR, Vocational rehab counselor on the 31st. we plan to discuss further plans and my results on the assessment i took then. i might ask about taking the sats or whatever they're called that you have to take to get into college.

Im glad your goals are moving along- mine haven't budged, unfortunately.

I would ask to make sure whatever college you plan on applying to requires the SAT. Long standardized tests like that are not fun to take at all.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
alright. don't worry, i will ask. i hate stupid standardized testing..in my opinion i think it's bull bc not everyone does well with tests and minds work in different ways, not the same way for everyone. but anyways thats another subject for a diff time

i'm sorry your goals aren't going well.. :c i hope that they start to move forward for you eventually.

SunsetGreen

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2017
I set a goal to visit Brazil this summer. I will spend only 10 days there and have made a huge list of place to see:Chapada Diamantina, Corcovado, Jericoacoara, Ouro Preto and to see Amazon River. I hope I'll have time to visit all these sights.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
hello friends! good news! tomorrow, on the 20th, i have an appointment with university of south alabama. my mom and i asked about getting in there, and they mentioned a program that would be good for people like me. (people of somewhat lower intelligence, or have problems that significantly hinder them in life) it'd be a program that would be sort of like the private school i graduated from. it'd be a program that offers smaller classes, less students, and would lessen my workload slightly so i don't get overwhelmed.

it'd help immensely if i got into that program. i think tomorrow i learn if i get in or not. i'm excited, but also extremely nervous. i hope i get into the program because if i don't then i would be forced to work, and working is the last thing i want to do since i know if i do i would be stuck with a job i do not want. anyways, uh. if i do get into the program it'd get things running more smoothly and whatnot. i don't know what i would pick for my major but i think i'd start out with an easy, sort of vague major, like general studies or liberal arts. something like that, that isn't too specific, and would at least ease me into college. yeah. my mom is coming with me to the appointment tomorrow of course. there will be interpreters and everything. my mom said there will be a lot of people there, or at least for me personally, which makes me even more nervous but.

i'll let you guys know how it goes. i hope it goes well. wish me luck!

Back