• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Ancient Platinum

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello. Sorry for the lack of updates on the 4th. I did get some stuff done, though.

Rhyperior.png

(There aren't actually 251 Pokémon, I used a gameshark code to complete the dex for me. There will be a total of 216, possibly 219 if we include the three regis. I accidentally skipped over Rhydon, this is fixed as of now lol)

We are currently hard at work with Oreburgh City. Implementing new tiles and such. Here's a sneak peak of the bulldozer tile for you all:

Rcbqw.jpg

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Right, for whatever reason Unown are green in silver and gold. I've fixed this by inserting their Crystal palette:

Crystal%20Unown.png

I'm currently inserting several sprites. You may also notice Lucas' backsprite is a bit different. Thanks to Soloo993 for spiffing it up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I never played or even had any interest the actual Platinum, but seeing everything in GSC-style is really making me want to give it a try now! 2nd gen was one of the best for me. I wish you guys all the best of luck with this! =)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I never played or even had any interest the actual Platinum, but seeing everything in GSC-style is really making me want to give it a try now! 2nd gen was one of the best for me. I wish you guys all the best of luck with this! =)

ngl, Crystal is my favorite game overall, but Platinum's story is my absolute favorite of any Pokémon game. This project is really like combining the two, so it's rather enjoyable to work on. Thanks for the wishes c:

RhypvLeaf.png

Credits to Chaos Rush for the two sprites featured here. Stat values are off but some proof I am at work with the Pokémon.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
The maps look amazing, it's gonna be intresting to see how yo tackle the disortion realm.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The maps look amazing, it's gonna be intresting to see how yo tackle the disortion realm.

Actually had a vid on my youtube that I've since removed with a DW concept. Basically it will use the same mechanics as Tin Tower, warps and ledges and the like. We can also make tiles disappear and reappear, so we may dabble in a bit of that.

In other news, Alpha 1 is completely mapped, just need to insert tiles to finalize them, then fix connections and then we can get to work on scripting!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Actually had a vid on my youtube that I've since removed with a DW concept. Basically it will use the same mechanics as Tin Tower, warps and ledges and the like. We can also make tiles disappear and reappear, so we may dabble in a bit of that.

In other news, Alpha 1 is completely mapped, just need to insert tiles to finalize them, then fix connections and then we can get to work on scripting!

Sweet. How long will the alpha be? And a possible ETA? ;)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Can't say I blame you.

What do you use for your map editing? JohtoMap?

I use Gold Map, JohtoMap, ZeroMap and G2Map for different purposes. JohtoMap is great for mapping and events, but Zeromap supports extended tilesets.

Gold map is for Wild Pokemon editing, and G2Map is good if I need to do something in a foreign rom.

For the sake of staying on topic:
ancient_platinum_badges_by_piacarrot-d7i9gnm.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Nice idea
This hack have potential ;)
Great work so far
I subscribed to this thread so sure don't miss update
Keep it good work
Good luck
~Mydrago

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I've been working on scripting and the intro, we still need to connect maps, and that seems to be the most difficult part as of right now.

AncientPlatinum_zps128d0ca5.png
AncientPlatinum1_zps9bedbe05.png

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Oh, wow! That intro looks nice! ;)
Looking forward to seeing more of that scripting action!

Back