• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'm subscribed to Pokecommunity on youtube and I just watched the spotlight of the hack and it seems awesome. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more progress on this hack and will play it once I get a little bit more free time on my hands.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
I really wanna try this hack but I got myself a macbook pro a few months back and since then I couldn't find out how to patch on it -_-

Help please, wanna start playing hacks again ;-;

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
FireRed: Rocket Edition is on the Hacks Spotlight!
Hello everyone! We've decided to Spotlight this hack on PC's YouTube channel. Please check it out and give the video a LIKE!

Click here to check it out.

Hey, that's awesome. I like the way you showed it off without completely revealing how the plot turns out. Appreciate the extra traction!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Playing the beta was really fun, and focusing on Rattata as a starter was really funny, but you can take Eevee or pokemon that you steal from other trainers, It is really funny!!

I would like to suggest editing a little bit of face and the hair color and style for the main EVIL (Hero*), also specific changes for characters as Ronnie and others to come in future.

Suggestion:
If It is possible, can I ask to make a character (me) in your hack, named as Caramelo, with an Umbreon on the team, make a youngster lol

FlawlessInstinct

PokemonForBreakfast
Years
Just checking back in with this game.
I'm wondering will you be changing the tiles sets, I know this another prescriptive of FRLG but still. And what other extras will be in the game. Like Sevii islands or Oange islands for after game.
Traveling to johto at some point?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
hey guys i m new here and i really liked this hack so can anyone tell me any similar hack in which we are a part of evil organisation like rocket etc..

colonelsalt

Years
Playing the beta was really fun, and focusing on Rattata as a starter was really funny, but you can take Eevee or pokemon that you steal from other trainers, It is really funny!!

I would like to suggest editing a little bit of face and the hair color and style for the main EVIL (Hero*), also specific changes for characters as Ronnie and others to come in future.

Suggestion:
If It is possible, can I ask to make a character (me) in your hack, named as Caramelo, with an Umbreon on the team, make a youngster lol
Haha thanks. I won't be taking character requests out of the blue, but kudos for trying.

Actually I originally planned on having the player character and Ronnie look the exact same as the regular grunts, just to hammer the point home that you're just some other Rocket grunt. Decided against it because it became confusing to tell yourself apart from the others. I don't think I'll be changing the sprites that are already in place, but I do have tentative plans for changing the overworld sprites of your character as you gain in rank.
Just checking back in with this game.
I'm wondering will you be changing the tiles sets, I know this another prescriptive of FRLG but still. And what other extras will be in the game. Like Sevii islands or Oange islands for after game.
Traveling to johto at some point?
Rocket Edition will be very much "another perspective of FireRed", and I have no plans of changing any major tilesets or graphic styles-- honestly, I think going out of my way to change the tiles would just be counterproductive. I like the look of the standard tiles a lot more than many of the usual hack tiles anyway.

The story will take place in Kanto only. I'd love to tell you all the little extras I've planned for later in the game, but I'd rather have players see them in action than spoil them in a forum post. If you stick around for them, I hope you'll think they're fun.
hey guys i m new here and i really liked this hack so can anyone tell me any similar hack in which we are a part of evil organisation like rocket etc..
Thank you so much! If you haven't checked it out already, I'd highly recommend you play ckret2's Pokémon Toxic Purple-- that's the game that inspired me to make this one. Other than that, there's EarthVisitor's Rocket Revenge, which I never got ahold of, and MrDollSteak's Apollo. I haven't played a lot of newer hacks in a while though, so there may be others.

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Haha thank. I won't be taking character requests out of the blue, but kudos for trying.

Actually I originally planned on having the player character and Ronnie look the exact same as the regular grunts, just to hammer the point home that you're just some other Rocket grunt. Decided against it because it became confusing to tell yourself apart from the others. I don't think I'll be changing the sprites that are already in place, but I do have tentative plans for changing the overworld sprites of your character as you gain in rank.

Now I get your idea of this plot more clearly, I totally support you in this one and I take back what I said about sprites for the grunts, I really hope if I could help but as You see I don't know how to...

Good luck.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 29, 2016
Why not add Pokemon center penalties for infamy for stealing too many pokemons. The more pokemons you steal, the more expensive healing services are. Same with stores, %added per point of infamy; But then the higher the infamy, the faster your pokemons grow.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 1, 2017
or expand on it that you can only heal in Team Rocket "Safe Houses" lik the daycare or something similar if you try to get healing from nurse joy she battles you instead :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
thanx i will definately try those although i had already played toxic purple and it was good but dissapointed cause it only had one mission

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
hey I got a couple questions...how you gonna get other peoples pokemon to obey you without gym badages? I think you have to make missions to steal or bribe, or kill to get some gym badges or the pokmon cant obey... ohhh with the fart joke south of mt moon...you should put a brown ghastly in there some how....maybe if you talk to the guy 4 5 times..... oh and custom sprites be epic..i remember the epic spirte of morowak in lavender town in toxic purple... so hopefully someone on your team can make those. oh and for a couple surprise trainers,,,maybe add the toxic purple guy...who ever made it as a trainer of some kind... and something else no other hacker really tapped into is the orginal world champion of the Gameboy games....use his team and moves as a huge test somehow...people will use ash, but wont use the actual person who is actually the best human player in the world ...idk be interesting...anyways great hack....I hope I live long enough to see it finished :D

colonelsalt

Years
Congratulations on winning Hack of the Month! Enjoy your sticky for the month!
Wow, that is cool.

I thought upon release that the game was far too short to even be nominated for something like HotM, but I hardly mind being proven wrong. Thanks so much to everyone who voted!
Why not add Pokemon center penalties for infamy for stealing too many pokemons. The more pokemons you steal, the more expensive healing services are. Same with stores, %added per point of infamy; But then the higher the infamy, the faster your pokemons grow.

or expand on it that you can only heal in Team Rocket "Safe Houses" lik the daycare or something similar if you try to get healing from nurse joy she battles you instead :)
I have a mild infamy system planned (that you will see in the next beta), but I like my Pokémon Centers free, and I don't see any reason to inconvenience players for the rest of the game for choosing a particular playstyle. I agree that random battles with characters who were good guys in FR is fun, though: you can definitely expect more of that to come.
hey I got a couple questions...how you gonna get other peoples pokemon to obey you without gym badages? I think you have to make missions to steal or bribe, or kill to get some gym badges or the pokmon cant obey... ohhh with the fart joke south of mt moon...you should put a brown ghastly in there some how....maybe if you talk to the guy 4 5 times..... oh and custom sprites be epic..i remember the epic spirte of morowak in lavender town in toxic purple... so hopefully someone on your team can make those. oh and for a couple surprise trainers,,,maybe add the toxic purple guy...who ever made it as a trainer of some kind... and something else no other hacker really tapped into is the orginal world champion of the Gameboy games....use his team and moves as a huge test somehow...people will use ash, but wont use the actual person who is actually the best human player in the world ...idk be interesting...anyways great hack....I hope I live long enough to see it finished :D

I promise you will, buddy.

Having Pokémon disobey you is just another random inconvenience that I don't think adds to any meaningful (i.e. non-frustrational) challenge, so I'd like to steer clear of that. My team currently consists of me, myself and I, but I will make sure to push all of us to the brim to make the game look good-- a number of custom sprites are in the making.
Few hacks deserve Hack of the Month as much as this one. Congrats, colonelsalt. Keep it up, man.
Dude, reading this type of stuff is what makes it all worth it.

Back