• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Blazing Emerald Version

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Page Under Construction!
Pokémon Blazing Emerald is a ROM hack of the original Emerald, featuring many QoL changes, graphical updates, new Pokémon, mechanics, battles, and more!
This page is currently being redone, but you can still download the game from our Discord!​

The Pokémon Blazing Emerald Discord Server: http://discord.gg/GAbHMJ3

We hope to see you there!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Have been working on my own quality of life type hack for Pokemon Emerald over the last few months. Stumbled upon your hack a couple of days ago and began playing through it. I must say I'm extremely impressed thus far. Retains the vibe that made the original so enjoyable but with some really interesting additions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Have been working on my own quality of life type hack for Pokemon Emerald over the last few months. Stumbled upon your hack a couple of days ago and began playing through it. I must say I'm extremely impressed thus far. Retains the vibe that made the original so enjoyable but with some really interesting additions.

Thank you very much! Good luck on your hack!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Did you implement Goomy but not Sliggoo and Goodra? Why? Also, why did you make Raichu slower?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Did you implement Goomy but not Sliggoo and Goodra? Why? Also, why did you make Raichu slower?

Goomy is the game's mascot. It has stats that match Goodra's. I chose not to implement Sliggoo and Goodra because I want Goomy to stand out. Also, the Raichu changes are pretty much only a buff. The offense and bulk increases are way worth the -20 speed. Test it yourself and you will see it's much more viable than it was before!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Are generation 6-7 moves present in the game or does it use the Emerald Battle engine?

I've refrained from using the updated battle engine due to the fact that it does have quite a few bugs associated with it. The goal of Blazing Emerald is for it to feel very polished, like actual Emerald version but with improved graphics, better Pokémon variety, increased difficulty, and more events and fun content. There are some new moves added such as Shadow Sneak, Aqua Jet, Giga Impact, etc but not all of them have been added in.

Years
I just started playing this, and I have to say it feels very polished! I reached the second gym, and I encountered no bugs until now! Great job!

Just a question and few suggestions...
Are all the 386+ pokemon in some way catchable or is the Hoenn dex completable only? Do trade evolutions have an alteranitive evolutionary method? I'm asking beacuse I was not able to find out this on the documentation!

I think that implementing Rhyperior would be a quality touch to this hack... since Rhyhorn is available quite early in the game, it could be a good Pokémon to train with Rhyperior available!
Is it possibile to implement the National Dex that is given to you early in the game? I think it would make the added pokémon feel more natural!
Of course these are just small suggestions coming from what I've played so far.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
There's a few iffy things I dislike in this hack but overall it looks really good, Definitely going to give it a go.

Would you mind letting me know what things you dislike? I'm always looking for feedback and ways to make the game better. Hope you enjoy the game btw!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I just started playing this, and I have to say it feels very polished! I reached the second gym, and I encountered no bugs until now! Great job!

Just a question and few suggestions...
Are all the 386+ pokemon in some way catchable or is the Hoenn dex completable only? Do trade evolutions have an alteranitive evolutionary method? I'm asking beacuse I was not able to find out this on the documentation!

I think that implementing Rhyperior would be a quality touch to this hack... since Rhyhorn is available quite early in the game, it could be a good Pokémon to train with Rhyperior available!
Is it possibile to implement the National Dex that is given to you early in the game? I think it would make the added pokémon feel more natural!
Of course these are just small suggestions coming from what I've played so far.

There have been a lot of requests about Rhyperior so I can certainly see about adding it in. I will try to have it done in the next patch! It is quite easy to implement the National Dex at the start actually so I will make a separate patch in the folder that has the dex implemented right from the start for people who would prefer that.

All trade evolutions evolve via the Link Stone which can be purchased in the Game Corner or given out rarely by some NPCs. There is a bit more detailed documentation on my website for the game here https://sites.google.com/view/blazingemerald/home

Also, the Hoenn Dex is fully completable but since this is not a 386 hack the National Dex was not intended to be fully completed. It is entirely possible without cheating though thanks to the Wonder Machine's chance of giving you any Pokemon randomly (except for one very special pokemon).

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Would you mind letting me know what things you dislike? I'm always looking for feedback and ways to make the game better. Hope you enjoy the game btw!

Just personal things I dislike honestly, Don't like type changes unless it's just adding fairy, not a fan of messing with sprites of pokemon or adding in "Fakemon" (Even if they're "new" evolutions of existing pokemon). Day and Night cycles are fine but please never add it to the battle screen because it's honestly visually not appealing, Stat changes are not that big a deal but there are bad pokemon for a reason and pokemon are better in Special or Physical for a reason.

Again these are just personal things I don't like in hacks, obviously other people will like them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Just personal things I dislike honestly, Don't like type changes unless it's just adding fairy, not a fan of messing with sprites of pokemon or adding in "Fakemon" (Even if they're "new" evolutions of existing pokemon). Day and Night cycles are fine but please never add it to the battle screen because it's honestly visually not appealing, Stat changes are not that big a deal but there are bad pokemon for a reason and pokemon are better in Special or Physical for a reason.

Again these are just personal things I don't like in hacks, obviously other people will like them.

Yeah I totally get that a lot of people are iffy on Fakemon so I made the two custom evolutions very opt-in. You will never encounter the Seviper or Zangoose evolutions anywhere in the story and you will only really get them if you actively decide you want this pokemon and go through the optional evolution method for either of them. Armored Mewtwo is technically canon so I'm not sure if it counts as a Fakemon but I have always loved that concept of Mewtwo in his armor being a Pokemon.

The few Pokemon I have allowed to be mixed attackers are mainly mixed to let you experiment and encourage replayability. Like, maybe you tried special attack Clefairy on your first run with the Flatter Psych Up combo and Bolt Beam and now you want to try Physical Clefairy with Belly Drum and offensive moves because it fits your party better. The goal with the starter Pokemon is to keep them balanced and satisfying to use no matter what you decide to put in your party.

As for updated sprites, I only updated Pikachu's and Gardevoir's because I honestly found their gen 3 sprites to be quite ugly. Again, though, I can totally understand liking to originals more.

Thank you for the feedback!

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just started playing this, and it's probably one of the best hacks in the Sideshow Showcase I've ever played. Keep up the good work!

Also, is the shiny chance increased for the Pokemon you get from the Wonder Machine? Because I used it once and ended up with a shiny Kyogre

P.S
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
There have been a lot of requests about Rhyperior so I can certainly see about adding it in. I will try to have it done in the next patch! It is quite easy to implement the National Dex at the start actually so I will make a separate patch in the folder that has the dex implemented right from the start for people who would prefer that.

All trade evolutions evolve via the Link Stone which can be purchased in the Game Corner or given out rarely by some NPCs. There is a bit more detailed documentation on my website for the game here <url>

Also, the Hoenn Dex is fully completable but since this is not a 386 hack the National Dex was not intended to be fully completed. It is entirely possible without cheating though thanks to the Wonder Machine's chance of giving you any Pokemon randomly (except for one very special pokemon).

Thank you very much for taking my considerations into account and for the information about Link Stones!
I just arrived up to route 110, and no bugs encountered so far!

So, all the newer generation pok?mon actually replaced some existing ones in the National Dex?
I'm really not an expert, but would it be possibile to change the Hoenn pok?dex adding all the additional pok?mon? In this way they would feel natural, in my opinion, in the same way, and you would avoid adding the National Dex right at the start! That would make also completing the new Hoenn pok?dex a bit more challenging I think!

Just other few things I thought about: I'm trying to play using a Ledian in my team, with the added elemental punches at Lv.24 that make it much more useful... I noticed that its R/S/E moveset do not include any Bug type move, so no bug type STAB is ever possible using it. Given the fact that this is already a modified stat/moveset pok?mon, do you think it may be possible to add to its moveset a bug type move, in order to make it even more effective (for example against fighting type)?
Another interesting addition may be Probopass too, since the presence of Nosepass in the Hoenn Dex.

Again, these are just small suggestions from my own point of view.

Thanks for this great work!

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
This hack seems amazing but it seems to miss out on a few features fairy type is now a days a must and mega evolution in battle would defenly send this hack to the next level and maybe a hand full of new pokemon like rockruff etc but great work amazing.

Back