Nyaaaaa <3

Age 27
Female
United States of America, Tennessee
Seen October 11th, 2010
Posted June 14th, 2010
239 posts
10.3 Years
I would have to say that this is probably because the pokemon games are made in Japan. In Japan, there are no blacks. Also, it's in the style of anime characters. Typically, anime characters are light-skinned. However, I do think this is a little odd because in Japan most of the people are dark-skinned.

Perhaps the anime style adopted the light skin color because the Japanese generally think it's attractive. It seems that people want the physical characteristics that they don't have, and since everybody in Japan has dark skin, maybe they all want light skin so they make all their characters have light skin.

Just a theory.
PC FAMILY:
Evil Twin: Sakura Rain
Awesome Brother: Wh1teW01f

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Her

Age 25
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,209 posts
11.4 Years
I've never seen a black, hispanic, or anything besides white people. Why?
I love you.

Though really, they balance it out with Giratina, being too black.
Age 24
Seen January 4th, 2011
Posted December 8th, 2010
535 posts
10.6 Years
Meh, my brain hurts from reading most of your guys' comments...why was this thread even created? Does it even matter? *sighs* Oh well.
It doesn't matter. That is why I created this thread.

I love you.

Though really, they balance it out with Giratina, being too black.
Lol

I'm a supermod of that forum.

I've left, bye PC.
Seen September 9th, 2019
Posted September 9th, 2019
1 posts
37 Days
Do you see any in Japan? Thought so.

o.o
[QUOTE=Redstar;5121188]The only "white people" in the games are Lt. Surge and Fantina. Everyone else is Japanese or Pacific Islander (Asian).

The reason you don't see any blacks in the games is because blacks simply don't live in Japan on a level high enough that it would make sense. For that very same reason most Japanese don't know how to represent blacks outside of stereotypes, which is why they avoid them altogether.[/QUOTE.]

When I looked up the answer for this question I wasn’t really talking about story characters but playable characters. I’m not sure if they’re gonna add them in Sword and Shield but I’ve always wanted to see my character in battle where it actually looks like me. Also MOST of the regions they visit in the game are based off of places with a fair amount of black people( i.e England in Gen 8 and France in Gen 6)

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 6 Hours Ago
5,282 posts
14.5 Years
Moderator Post
When I looked up the answer for this question I wasn’t really talking about story characters but playable characters. I’m not sure if they’re gonna add them in Sword and Shield but I’ve always wanted to see my character in battle where it actually looks like me. Also MOST of the regions they visit in the game are based off of places with a fair amount of black people( i.e England in Gen 8 and France in Gen 6)
hi! so, few things:

1. this is a 10 year old thread
2. i see nothing good coming out of this
3. this question isnt even relevant anymore

so this thread will be closed as a result.
Advertiser Content