• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Cool, let's do this.

Username: LiquidRage
Game: [ I'll do three, because the series had three books ;) ] FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire.
District: 9
Opt. Rules: None

MasterOfNuzlocke

The King
Years
Username: Master Of Nuzlocke
Game: [ I will also do three ] Fire Red Omega, Sacred Gold and Blaze Black 2.
District: 13
Opt. Rules: All + no evolution (can't evolve pokemon at all throughout the game)
Should be pretty damn hard...but possible.
Hacking in worst BST pokemon I can find of Ghost or Rock type.
Wish me luck :)

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Y'know what sucks?
Half of the dark types are exclusive to diamond >:(
The ONLY dark types I can get legitimately are spiritomb (and it's only available by doing this annoying thing) and sneasel(and it's only available later on)

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Y'know what sucks?
Half of the dark types are exclusive to diamond >:(
The ONLY dark types I can get legitimately are spiritomb (and it's only available by doing this annoying thing) and sneasel(and it's only available later on)

If you want/ can you can hack those pokemon in. Or you could trade. Both options available :)

and to Vegan MacNCheese. I think you should do Platinum. But I am totally biased because 4th is my favorite gen ever!

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
So after THREE TRIES and getting The Capitol Every singl time i did it a 4th time and got District 13 meaning rock and ghost

Username- pokemonfreek24
Game- Was gonna do red but that be too hard so Gold
District- 13
Optional Rules? Both
My team will hopefully be
Misdreavus (hack in as starter)
Golem
Gengar
Onix
Rhydon
Magcargo

but i will have some backups in the form of Sudowoodo etc if i need them

Years
Since i game overed the last time, i'll retry and subscribe again (i took the test again, changing answers so that i get another district).

Name: Seppy
Game: Ruby
District: 3 (Steel & Electric)
Optional rules: ///

Hope to win the challenge this time. Since there aren't any electric or steel pokémon at the start of the game, i'll hack in an Elekid to start with as starter.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username- Samurott01
Game- SoulSilver
District- District 4 - Water and Dark (woot, Water! my favorite type)
Optional Rules? Yes, both rules 7 and 8, because I want a challenge.

Ok, I'll try to get on to this as fast as I can, because this is the third challenge at a time (Monotype and Low-level challenges as well), so I can't exactly start instantly (first come, first served) but I will do it. Laters!

P.S. One rule I'd like to suggest is not allowing Pokemon Centers to heal because that's not exactly how it works in the Hunger Games. If you could consider this I would appreciate it, to make the challenge as realistic as possible (I'm not saying it's not realistic, just healing with Pokemon Centers doesn't sound right in the Hunger Games). However, it would be fair to use Nurses and Doctors in the fifth generation, as it's a reward for beating them. Thanks!

P.P.S. @Chaos Fork thatssssss a nice creeper you have there.

EDIT: Since I'm too busy with my monotype challenge, my YouTube channel, and my social life, I'll have to cancel my challenge until further notice.

Last edited:
Years
Here's my update:
-After training my Elekid for hours, reaching level 30 and becoming Electabuzz, i still had problems with the first gym, since it was rock. I made it with some potions and combining leer and swift.
-Defeated the second gym with ease, capturing in the cave an Aron and a Mawile.
-Defeated team magma at the museum.
-Captured Plusle, Minun and Electrike.
-Defeated third gym with some luck, even my 34 Electabuzz had problems against Magneton.
-At the moment, my team is: Electabuzz 36, Lairon 34, Mawile 36, Plusle 33, Minun 33, Magnectric 34.
-Planing on having in the team probably a Magnemite/Magneton and a Voltorb/Electrode. Don't recall if i can find an Onix or an Eevee to get Steelix or Jolteon. If i find it, i'll get a Skarmory so that i can fly later on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Username: Ax20414
Game: Sapphire
District: 4 - Water/Dark (I can definitely work with that. Sharpedo, anyone?)
Optional Rules: #8. Such an awesome addition to the challenge, in my opinion.

First challenge for me. I'm probs gonna ally with Winona and get Flying-types on my side to balance things out. Wish me luck!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
good luck everyone! i didnt really update but i just beat mychallenge. so im starting again in gold :-)

S.

I make the club bounce...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Username- S.
Game- Red
District- District 1 - Dragon and Fighting
I'm planning to try and do this on legit ROMs/cartridges for every generation.

EDIT: Also, is Charmander considered a Fire/Dragon type, or just a Fire type?

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
So, it's a combination of the Monotype challenge and the Nuzlocke Challenge, with the theme of the Hunger Games? I love it! Sign me up!

Username- Xilfer123
Game- Soulsilver
District- District 3
Optional Rules? None.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Oh second thought, decided to drop out of this challenge because my DS is having some technical difficulties. Sorry!

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
I would like to try!

Username - bmangoobs
Game - SoulSilver
District - 3
Optional Rules - 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back