Started by Louise28 March 8th, 2021 2:00 AM
  • 10 replies

Dawn

None
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
16,008 posts
6.5 Years
It’s been a very long time since I only played Pokemon, but I can sort of relate to this - when a new game comes out that is often all I will play until I’m done. Wasn’t the case with the last two generations because they were awful, but I did put about 75 hours into the PMD remake last year, and when Snap and BD come out I may very well drop everything....although Snap comes out in the same month as NieR Replicant, so perhaps not.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Sheep

she/her
Seen 29 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,734 posts
14.5 Years
I used to be like this for aaages. Then I got distracted by other games lol. But I definitely understand the addiction, especially when we have things like fangames that keep bringing to light cool new ideas/potential!
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Pendraflare

Age 29
Male
Pennsylvania
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,263 posts
7.7 Years
I'm very guilty of this. And it's not that I don't like to play other games, I just keep saying I'll get to them but Pokemon keeps sucking me back in and I struggle to.
Azurilland | Twitter | Nuzlocke Forums
May someday resurface in full. We'll see what happens down the road!

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
11,948 posts
5.7 Years
You literally just described me in the mid 10s.
Blazed Glazed Crazed Lazed Defrazed Revengazed!
A Glazed Nuzlocke comic by PageEmperor

---
Enjoy this old weird run that's been on my sig for 2 years.
Never forget...
Spoiler:

That Kermit Seismitoad still isn’t real, it still can’t hurt you

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
for a brief period in 2017 or so i think it was, i played nothing but GBA romhacks. it was all my crappy home PC could handle at that point after even Counter Strike Source would start lagging lmao. i could just keep replaying the Gen 3 games sure, but that'll get boring for me after a while, so i explored the world of fan made games and fell in love with it~

nowadays i barely game at all anymore, but every now and then i'll boot something up i guess.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
5,511 posts
3.5 Years
I don't play pokemon games consistently, but I'll get the urge to play one every few months.

They don't take long at all, usually 15-20 hours.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

colours

she/her
the dream world
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
7,141 posts
16 Years
there was a period of time i was like this.

i think i'm just burnt out on pokemon gaming these days. i've done pretty much everything i've cared about doing in SwSh for the most part, and i've logged like 800-ish hours into it. by no means is that supposed to be a brag-worthy number (especially compared to others who sank more time into it), but i've honestly spent so so much time shiny hunting that it just burned me out. not only that, other games captured my interest a lot more over time, as well as irl matters.

i dunno when i'll be as invested into playing pokemon again. perhaps once i force myself and regain the motivation i lost and get back into shiny hunting. i miss it, really.
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
33,192 posts
13.1 Years
this has been me since last summer lol i had been feeling some burnout from the series, but after watching a lot of challenge videos on youtube, it made me miss playing and i've been like...non-stop playing pokemon. from july to december, i replayed gale of darkness, black 2, firered, pearl, ruby, emerald (twice lol), y, heartgold...lol i've started about three challenges this year already and have played a hack of crystal. i just really like pokemon and honestly, i'm not sure why i was going through that drought after swsh. i really enjoyed those games tbh...i think it was more just life dragging me down and me not feeling like i had time for hobbies. but yeah like i totally get this way where i'll only play pokemon for months at a time bc it's literally all i want to play.

like...honestly, i think the only non-pokemon game i've played in the past few months has just been tetris & dr. mario for a couple of hours on SNES. that's...it. lol
justice? righteous? keep that muk to yourselves!
twitter | twitch

Megan

Life is harder for some...

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,877 posts
8.2 Years
There were a couple games I spend some 100s of hours into. Gold and X for example. Gold maxed out at 255 hours so I don't know how much I actually spend but it was a lot more. In X I think I got to ~750 hours or so and that was just one playthrough.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
649 posts
110 Days
yeah there were some early games that I played until I broke the timer, I don't know if it was emerald or a different one, but eventually it just said something
like the cartridge could no longer keep track of play time.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Ponyta
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A