• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Alright who else is stuck in the power plant specifically after you turn on the power

Stuck how? Like stuck you can't figure out the maze or stuck like it won't let you warp to a new map?

-Warhol has Maxie's trainer sprite, Fitler has Norman's trainer sprite, and Bill has the gentleman's trainer sprite. If these were intended, there are overworld sprites to match these specific trainer sprites.
-If you go in the third door of Zubat Cave and go down the stairs. You likely just have a wild Pokemon that still says "Please Choose".
-When you talk to either the little girl or middle-aged man in the Pokemon Centre, the traditional clicking sound can be heard indicating that they have a script, they just do not look at you or say anything.

-Fixed the two pokemon center people, ty.
-The sprites I meant to fix so they will have better-looking placeholders atm and that'll be something I need to update for a future update (i.e. adding in bill's battle sprite) so ty
- Also the please choose thing was one of the wild pokemon in the list wasn't chosen so i updated that, ty again for reporting all these! They'll be pushed through with the next patch.

Oh so I've reached the end of whatevers been made so far? I can't seem to find anywhere else to go
EDIT: Found a bug where you can walk on water on the east side of Sunny Falls, the place with the sailor who went to johto

Yeah Sunny Falls is the ending area. Though it is fully mapped, it is the last place of the beta unfortunately. Also, can you show me where via a screenshot you're able to walk on the water? 'cus I'm looking in A-MAP and I don't see any incorrect movement tiles.

EDIT: here is patch 1.0.4 with the corrections listed above: CLICK ME for 1.0.4

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Im curious as to how many patches we will get by the end of the day ;D

That's the fun in the first week of a release lol but it's almost done with patches I'd say. Then will come the bigger patches like updating maps and Pokemon moves etc

Cash / Item Prizes Update!

Rules: 1. You can only win ONE prize total.
2. Cheaters will automatically be disqualified and banned from my heart.
3. You must have a valid PayPal account or address (depending on the prize)
4. All submissions for prizes MUST be done through this thread (i.e. submitting screenshots)
5. Must have a minimum of 15 posts on PokeCommunity and a join date greater than June 1st 2018 to win an item prize.

Prizes: 1. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10 (claimed by juventino1112)
2. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
3. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
4. First person to share the in-game reference to Pokemon: Discovery gets $10 (claimed by zbaumann98)
5. First person to share a picture of themselves eating a donut while holding up a print-out of this image wins $10
6. First person to submit a video of their child(ren) or sibling (ages 1-5) says "Technology is incredible!" will be awarded a Pokemon-related toy up to $20 (this prize is really for the parents out there!)
7. First person to dress themselves up as the Fat Kid (blue shirt, maroon pants, brown shoes, black belt) will receive a paid-for delivery pizza dinner to your house from a local pizza joint of your choosing (applicable prize in US states only)
8. First person to complete a Let's Play of the entire Fat Kid game (showing here in links to youtube) will receive a free Pokemon: Fat Kid T-Shirt (winner is chosen by me)

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 11, 2018
open

Woop

Le pug

Years
Does this hack have p/s split

Honestly I applied all patches 4 years ago and I don't remember. I believe so and makes sense since Porygon has evos based off each stat. I'll have to verify but I'm almost positive it does

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
Honestly I applied all patches 4 years ago and I don't remember. I believe so and makes sense since Porygon has evos based off each stat. I'll have to verify but I'm almost positive it does

Will the Beta 2 really come out in 2025, like the fat kid from the future said in the game? I hope that was just a joke

Le pug

Years
Will the Beta 2 really come out in 2025, like the fat kid from the future said in the game? I hope that was just a joke

Lol I hope not. Discovery was released 3 years after making and fat kid 4 years after making. Since fat kid is my only project now, my goal is to finish it so since all the basics are already in game, all there really is left to do is make the new maps and script them. Which scripting an entire map takes a week at most. I think beta 2 can be within the next year. Plus I no longer will be going on deployments and in a few months I'll have about 3.5 months where it is just me in house since I'm moving to Washington so I'll be using that to work on fat kid : D

Plus I have another exciting project idea that I know people are going to love (and it'll be a serious story as well) but I will not work on that until fat kid is done and because I'm excited to work on that, I want to finish fat kid.

Last edited:

mrtienduc1999

Banned
Years
Your game is good. i played it and i rated your game to 8/10. You have a good idea about fat kid. i hope you can completed your game soon. i made some gameplay and promote to your topic at pokecommunity. i hope that will take more fan to your game!

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Thank you so much for all your hard work has this is one of the best hacks I ever played if not best. I wish u all the best in life and has a hacker has for me ur defenly in the top 3 best hackers ever.

Thanks again for this amazing game, I have finish this beta and have loved every second of it

Le pug

Years
Thank you so much for all your hard work has this is one of the best hacks I ever played if not best. I wish u all the best in life and has a hacker has for me ur defenly in the top 3 best hackers ever.

Thanks again for this amazing game, I have finish this beta and have loved every second of it

Your words are very kind. I'm glad you and all the others that have played it have enjoyed it. I was worried how it would turn out honestly lol didn't know how the silliest and jokes would go but there is so many of them that you're bound to eventually at least give a smirk! I was also worried people would be turned off by the title of the ROM hack but once you realize what it is about and you actually play it and see that it has the makings of a great ROM hack but just about the fat kid from the PKMN games with a splash of comedy, you can enjoy it! So it makes me proud peeps like you have been enjoying it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cash / Item Prizes Update!

Rules: 1. You can only win ONE prize total.
2. Cheaters will automatically be disqualified and banned from my heart.
3. You must have a valid PayPal account or address (depending on the prize)
4. All submissions for prizes MUST be done through this thread (i.e. submitting screenshots)

Prizes: 1. First person to share a picture of themselves eating a donut while holding up a print-out of this image wins $10
2. First person to submit a video of their child(ren) or sibling (ages 1-5) says "Technology is incredible!" will be awarded a Pokemon-related toy up to $20 (this prize is really for the parents out there!)
3. First person to dress themselves up as the Fat Kid (blue shirt, maroon pants, brown shoes, black belt) will receive a paid-for delivery pizza dinner to your house from a local pizza joint of your choosing (applicable prize in US states only)
4. First person to complete a Let's Play of the entire Fat Kid game (showing here in links to youtube) will receive a free Pokemon: Fat Kid T-Shirt (winner is chosen by me)

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Im at the part where im trying to get though Zubat Cave but idk where to go or what to do i cant climb the rocks or break the giant rocks that are blocking my way

Le pug

Years
Im at the part where im trying to get though Zubat Cave but idk where to go or what to do i cant climb the rocks or break the giant rocks that are blocking my way

You need a Grapple Hook to climb the rocks and the TM for Earthquake to break the big rocks. The cave is pretty straight-forward. You should be able to easily get through the entire thing lol. Take the third entrance and it's a straight shot through.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
You need a Grapple Hook to climb the rocks and the TM for Earthquake to break the big rocks. The cave is pretty straight-forward. You should be able to easily get through the entire thing lol. Take the third entrance and it's a straight shot through.

Ive been everywhere i cant find any of those.If it involves getting in te donut shop the Store Owner who sits outside isisnt there anymore.When i go to the door the animation happens were he tells me to go away but he isint there.

Le pug

Years
Ive been everywhere i cant find any of those.If it involves getting in te donut shop the Store Owner who sits outside isisnt there anymore.When i go to the door the animation happens were he tells me to go away but he isint there.

That is weird that he is gone, I'll have to re-evaluate his flag and fix that for the future. The Grapple Hook can be found at the Sunny Falls PokeMart and the TM for Earthquake is at Taunkers TM shop in Sunny Falls as well. You can do the whole beta without those two. They aren't required to get through Zubat Cave

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
That is weird that he is gone, I'll have to re-evaluate his flag and fix that for the future. The Grapple Hook can be found at the Sunny Falls PokeMart and the TM for Earthquake is at Taunkers TM shop in Sunny Falls as well. You can do the whole beta without those two. They aren't required to get through Zubat Cave

i cant find any other way to get through ive been in each of the caves first one brings me to the rock climb and boulder area next ones bring me there also since the ladder just leads to the drop ledge and last one took me to the lickitung event

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
found an unlimited pokeball bug in route 3 lol. if you want to check it out I'm uploading my video on my youtube channel :Gamingfinatic

Back