• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTS System

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
I used the same webhost as the example, and it worked this time, so it was just my webhost. Clicking the Exit button refreshes the screen but the menu is still there, I think that's probably an easy fix that I can do on my own though, so far it works well. Thanks :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Dude, I got everything working fine. I can deposit pokémon, search for another save file's pokémon. The tables are working fine etc. But whenever I try to conclude a trade this error pops up:

25jzd51.png

Any idea why is that happening?

Years
Dude, I got everything working fine. I can deposit pokémon, search for another save file's pokémon. The tables are working fine etc. But whenever I try to conclude a trade this error pops up:

25jzd51.png

Any idea why is that happening?

As of why the error is happening, I don't know. But, I am almost certain this is because the pokemon you selected somehow managed to be classified as "nil" have you tried this on a clean version of essentials with the newest version of the GTS?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
As of why the error is happening, I don't know. But, I am almost certain this is because the pokemon you selected somehow managed to be classified as "nil" have you tried this on a clean version of essentials with the newest version of the GTS?

5 mins after posting I figured out it was an error on the script itself. On line 385 "pkmn = $Trainer.party[choice[1]].clone" was trying to clone something that didn't exist since the pokémon I was trading was on the deposit. Adding a "if Party" to the end of the line was enough to fix the bug, since now that it checks where it was selected from it can run the next line "pkmn = $PokemonStorage[choice[0]][choice[1]].clone if !party" which is the one used on my case.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2014
5 mins after posting I figured out it was an error on the script itself. On line 385 "pkmn = $Trainer.party[choice[1]].clone" was trying to clone something that didn't exist since the pokémon I was trading was on the deposit. Adding a "if Party" to the end of the line was enough to fix the bug, since now that it checks where it was selected from it can run the next line "pkmn = $PokemonStorage[choice[0]][choice[1]].clone if !party" which is the one used on my case.

Do we must apply this fix?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well I fixed some other bugs I found a couple months ago, I don't have time to post them now, but I will later. I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with the closing method, it made the game crash sometimes.

EDIT: But I must say, this is a brilliant script, adds a complex functionality and is brilliantly coded. It's really easy to understand and to mess with!

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
So if this is possible, would it be possible for essentials to have random match ups with the right coding? Obviously you would need a host server for this but I'm wondering if its possible.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Like they have in Gen 5 and 6 games, where you talk to the NPC and you get a random match up with someone else and you both battle.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 18, 2016
I was going to test this, but when i insert the script into the game and try to save, i get this error:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: TypeError

Sockets:527:in `const_get'

Sockets:527:in `check'

Sockets:338:in `initialize'

Sockets:509:in `initialize'

Sockets:586:in `new'

Sockets:586:in `pbHttpRequest'

Sockets:562:in `pbPostData'

GTS:1119:in `execute'

GTS:1124:in `getOnlineID'

GTS:1283:in `onlineID'

This happens both on my game and on a 100% new Essentials.

Years
Yes, this is probably due to the fact that you put in an incorrect url in the GTS script. Or possibly because you couldn't connect to the server... (in which case I need to fix a small bug either way)

Edit: I updated the first post with the bug fix. (or it should have solved the bug)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
I have successfully set up the GTS server but I have only a little knowledge about Ruby, can someone write down how can I call the GTS script inside the game (the event script)? or all the scripts I must call to use it (if there is one for each thing the GTS can make. For example one for send a Pokémon, other for checking your current uploaded Pokémon, etc.)

Back