• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I set it to turn on automatically when my phone reaches 15% and it doesn't make a difference, it still discharges at the same rate: guess that my phone battery is almost dead. :D
I'll probably be buying another one until I completely replace this phone since LG announced that it will stop providing security updates for my G4... I have a feeling that my next smartphone is not gonna be from LG.

Also, I hope you had fun at Disney World. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Disney ? I have a year disney pass so I've been going to disney as often as I can. In fact I'll be going tomorrow even though I work tuesday because sis and I made plans and we refuse to give those up because 'you have to work halloween'. That and because our disney passes are almost up for the year and we're considering Universal for next year to save a little bit of money. Maybe.

ahem anyways my phone needs a new screen protector but that's all. though i ought to turn off bluetooth when i'm away from my car oops.

Last edited:

TY

Installing Exchange servers is a pain in the arse if you don't have the right setup for it.

worst is that my laptop can't even run one properly without constantly crying for RAM D:

Raffy98

Years
Installing Exchange servers is a pain in the arse if you don't have the right setup for it.

worst is that my laptop can't even run one properly without constantly crying for RAM D:

Yep, they do require a fair amount of RAM and horsepower.

TY

Yep, they do require a fair amount of RAM and horsepower.

I run it on my home PC right now with 10 GB RAM and 2 cores so I should be fine now lol

only way to think of how to show it to my teacher...

Raffy98

Years
It is, I remember when I had to clean the little ball underneath those old mechanical mice when I was younger. At least I could play a bit with it before cleaning it lol.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Even though currently I'm using USB mouse with IR tracking nowadays, I still have to clean it at times, to clean some dirt and all.

Raffy98

Years
Also, I imagined that rack mounted NAS servers were loud, but I didn't think that they sounded like a jet taking off lol.
I have one here in the office (we're repairing it) and everytime I turn that thing on I just wish I could unplug those fans.

Last edited:

TY

Also, I imagined that rack mounted NAS servers were loud, but I didn't think that they sounded like a jet taking off lol.
I have one here in the office (we're repairing it) and everytime I turn that thing on I just wish I could unplug those fans.

Oh yeah I know that, we have one on school where we can configure things for fun and the first boot it just felt like i was at an airport haha

Years
Hi, posting here to say that I'm saving up for my Pixel phone. Just the regular one, not the Pixel 2. I'm afraid that's a bit too pricey for me to justify, for now.

Although... 32 GB won't cut it as far as storage goes. :c If I'm getting a 128 GB Pixel, I might as well go with the regular Pixel 2 at this rate, since I think both are around a similar price? From the best of my knowledge, anyway.

My poor Nexus 6P has a cracked screen and the 3.5mm headphone jack doesn't work anymore, so I think it's about that time to get a new phone.

TY

I built a RNG script and its already trolling me

Even code hates me ;-;

Years
<p></p><p>I finally had a chance to sell the first Pixel 2 at work the other day and tbh it felt so awkward to use to me. I wasn't used to how much space its dual-speaker front layout took, as there was an ungodly amount of bulk on top of and on the bottom of the screen. I was thinking of it then, but after seeing that it kinda turned me away from it, even though I wasn't wanting it anyway as the S8 is nearly identical in almost every way, albeit being expandable with storage whereas the Pixel isn't.

I'm really not a fan of using Samsung phones; unless they've changed recently, they used to put a fuckton of bloatware on their phones and from what I hear, TouchWiz UI is garbage. The biggest reason I go with Google phones these days is because I'm a huge fan of how smooth pure Android is rather than the the weird versions of Android Samsung and other manufacturers use, y'know?

Not only that, I'd much rather get my security updates on time, rather than waiting a few months for them on any non-Google device. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should just go for the regular Pixel or go for the Pixel 2.

Raffy98

Years
I'm really not a fan of using Samsung phones; unless they've changed recently, they used to put a ****ton of bloatware on their phones and from what I hear, TouchWiz UI is garbage. The biggest reason I go with Google phones these days is because I'm a huge fan of how smooth pure Android is rather than the the weird versions of Android Samsung and other manufacturers use, y'know?

Not only that, I'd much rather get my security updates on time, rather than waiting a few months for them on any non-Google device. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should just go for the regular Pixel or go for the Pixel 2.

I have to say, it was a thing back in the day but I think this has changed. One of my friends has a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it is pretty smooth with Samsung's Touch Wiz UI, mostly not because the UI itself has been optimized in the meantime but rather due to beefier and beefier hardware inside the devices. lol
In fact, I am considering phones like the Samsung Galaxy S8, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro or the new Razer Phone.

I do agree with you on the fact that pure Android will always be smoother though.

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
Touchwiz on the S8 is much better compared to previous versions. The UI is nice and functions similarly to the Pixel launcher. (swipe up reveal apps) The useless Bixby button on the side of the phone and Bixby in general are the main complaint of the S8.

Of course, Pixel phones have a much better history of getting security updates so I'm confident in saying that the Pixel will receive patches at least until next year. After that, there's the option of custom ROMs.

Last edited:
Years
For those of you who don't know, I work at a college campus computer lab, and today I found uTorrent installed on a computer. It was likely done by a student but holy cow does that violate the college's computer use policy. :|

Years
I imagine there's no way to find what student installed the application? No logs or file history as to who did it?
I had discovered the installed program on the computer's administrative account, and sadly the account info was posted on a sheet of paper in the front, which I have since removed from the board. Students are supposed to log in with their account credentials.

My boss said not to worry so much about it. However, it was just full of other bloatware as well such as some obscure antimalware program and Avast! on top of the college's antivirus program (repackaged Security Essentials).

The computers are going to be reimaged at the end of the year anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back