• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Religion undoubtedly breeds prejudice and bigotry, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that homophobia is exclusively a religious thing. Sometimes males just don't like homosexuals for no good reason other than the fact that they feel it's a threat to their masculinity, or more often than not it's a sign that they're gay and are overcompensating to hide it. Or it could be his upbringing, he might have homophobic parents. There are hundreds of possibilities lol

Yep, it's about asserting to others that you are a straight manly male when you verbally/physically bash gay people.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
We should name the club sexual identity alliance, everyone is allowed except for homophobic people! lol, But don't get me wrong; I do like our crazy acronym that continues to grow!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Speaking of which...

I was talking to my friend a few days ago, who still thinks I'm straight, and the subject came up. I mentioned that I supported gay rights, and his response was: "Are you retarded? Why would you support them?"

Now, he's not religious at all, and lives in Canada, which actually allows gay marriage nationwide, so the people there must be generally more accepting. I can't figure out why he would be so strongly against it. He has no reason as far as I can tell.

Well, the only question to ask to him is "Why wouldn't you?"

I used to be stupid (no other word for it) like that when I was ten. I was like that because of unconcious denial of my sexuality.

Could be the same for him, could not. Maybe you're not looking deep enough. And agreeing with Andy and Ty above, it could just be a masculinity thing.

Now that we're men, we can do anything! Now that we're men, we are invincible! Now that we're men, we'll go to shell city; Get the crown, save the town and Mr. Krabs!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Is anyone on here asexual? I am really interested in what your thought are; I can understand why someone might identify with any of the other sexual identities, but this one has just puzzled me.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I am. So I can try to answer any particular questions that you may have.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Yeah, actually. I feel like the same as some heterosexual people whom don't grasp how someone can be attracted to the same sex. I just don't want to be ignorant.

Anyways, Do you have any sexual attraction to any other people? Are you sexually attracted to yourself? If all sexual acts are just with yourself, do you envision other people, to you know, feel aroused, or is it focused more on the self?

If any of these questions make you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer them. I hope I do not sound too naive. lol.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, actually. I feel like the same as some heterosexual people whom don't grasp how someone can be attracted to the same sex. I just don't want to be ignorant.

Anyways, Do you have any sexual attraction to any other people? Are you sexually attracted to yourself? If all sexual acts are just with yourself, do you envision other people, to you know, feel aroused, or is it focused more on the self?

If any these questions make you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer them. I hope I do not sound too naive. lol.
Actually, I'd like to know too. I don't really know anything about it. lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Don't worry about it. Any chance I have to clear up misconceptions about asexuals I take advantage of.

Through all my life, I wasn't attracted to anyone sexually. I had crushes on people (since I'm paniromantic) but it never crossed my mind to do anything physically with them. Nothing more than maybe holding hands (though as I've aged I've found myself even less likely to want to touch people). So the whole idea of being with anyone sexually never crossed my mind.* It's like I just don't get those feelings. I can look at someone and think that they look good, but I can just never picture myself being with someone sexually. One way to put it is like a mental block.

I'm not attracted to myself at all. Though that may also stem from my gender dysphoria. But if there was a clone of me, I wouldn't want to do anything sexual with em.

When it comes to one-person acts (ha), it's more of a physical feeling than a response to any overwhelming attraction to someone. The extremely rare times that I decide to get it over with, I do it as fast as I can to get it over with, without fantasizing about anyone, just to get the physical part of it over with.

I hope that maybe this helps you out a bit with understanding asexuality. Feel free to ask anymore questions if need be.

*I do have to note that in all nearly-25-years of life, I have actually been sexually attracted to one person. After much thought on this, I figure that it's just a small change in me, but she's an exception to my asexuality that I seriously doubt will be repeated by anyone else. So I still label myself as an asexual.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Totally not expecting any of those answers, so yes, I think that I understand the concept much better.

OKAY...IT ALL JUST CLICKED WITH ME! (Correct me if I am totally off)
Being gay, I am sexually attracted to men. If I see a woman, I may think she is very attractive, and I also may have an emotional connection with her; however, I would not want to have anything physical with her at all! Asexual people have those feelings about both sexes; it's the antithesis of bisexuality. They may look attractive and you might be great friends with them, but you don't want anything as far as sex.

One last question, lol. Do you feel the desire to have a bf, gf, spouse, or partner without having any sexual attraction to them? Personally, I see nothing wrong with someone spending the rest of their life with someone whom they share comradeship and friendship with. Or is the idea of having a significant other not really that important?

THANKS again for the information! :)

I feel so ignorant for having pre-conceived notions that asexuals were attracted to themselves. Thinking back on it, I feel stupid! lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That's actually more or less what I expected.
*I do have to note that in all nearly-25-years of life, I have actually been sexually attracted to one person. After much thought on this, I figure that it's just a small change in me, but she's an exception to my asexuality that I seriously doubt will be repeated by anyone else. So I still label myself as an asexual.
I don't really think sexuality is a static thing, and there are definitely all different levels of every sexuality. So, I don't think a one time incident says anything, one way or the other about your sexuality.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
That's not only touching, but it also proves that life experience isn't the only gay factor.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Do you feel the desire to have a bf, gf, spouse, or partner without having any sexual attraction to them?
For me, yes, since I'm panromantic. But there are asexuals who are aromantic and so they don't have those feelings. For them, just being friends with people is enough.

I don't really think sexuality is a static thing, and there are definitely all different levels of every sexuality. So, I don't think a one time incident says anything, one way or the other about your sexuality.
Exactly. Sexuality is fluid. I mentioned that incident really to ward off any potential "You can be asexual because...!" mentions that tends to happen whenever people start learning about asexuality. Really, I should have expected that the members of this group would be so understanding. Thank you.

As soon as you mentioned Tumbler, I knew what post you were talking about. I saw that on a Kurt/Blaine community, and was very happy for the rest of the day. It's so heartwarming.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh my God. That is the sweetest and most touching thing I have read in a long time. That is... I have no words. Just wow.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
That story about the little boy is adorable. I can really imagine that dinner scenario. Puts a smile on my face. :)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Apparently I am not the only one whom has a HUGE crush on Darren Criss aka Blaine! Even parents that are generally accepting of gay people would feel very leery about this, but look at other kids; they have crushes on other kids at school around that age, so I am glad that they realized that this is normal. If only all parents were like that; cute story!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've never watched Glee. lol

Doesn't seem like my type of show. (Well, I haven't watched TV in a couple years actually, so I guess I don't have a type. lol)

Back