• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok just to clarify, its an Egg Sprite in advance map that I want to disappear, is it the same procedure?
e.g. use the Person Event number (3)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Ok just to clarify, its an Egg Sprite in advance map that I want to disappear, is it the same procedure?
e.g. use the Person Event number (3)

You would use the person event no. 3 for the applymovement and then make it dissapear.If you scroll down in a-map a little bit,youll see the person id.it should be 0000 if you didnt mess with it.just set that as a unused flag,say 301, and then have a setflag 0x301 in your script.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Forget my last question about trainerbattles.

I have a new question. Is there a way to recreate the first battle with Gary in FR, but with a different trainer (I need to know the special and how to change the trainer, or should I just edit Gary with a-trainer?)? You know the one where professor oak explains various aspects of fighting?
Or is there a way to continue after a trainerbattle even if you lose?

I'm using XSE.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Ok one more quick question:

I used this script and everything was working perfectly, until I put in the flag numbers and now after the person talks and walks away, the script won't release. I use XSE and Ruby and this is the script I use:

Spoiler:

After I compile it and load it up, after the second applymovement and waitmovement part it becomes:

Spoiler:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I have a script that works fine,untill the end when the door animations start.The door opens,sprite walks in,door closes and then it freezes.The follow me music keeps playing and the door doesnt make a sound while closing.
By the way,this is a person event for fire red.

Spoiler:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Yes and no both choose the no option...

And the lab gets wrecked after this, so I don't need a checkflag. You never go in the lab again.
Spoiler:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Copy and paste that script, then click the compile button (the two gears next to the bug).
this works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man you're a god!
so my script was good,I only needed to click compile and that's all (=
EDIT:as I've expected,there will be some errors,here they are:
1.zapdos overworld doesn't looking at you when you talk to him to begin the battle(it's not a major one but if you can help with it,it would be good)
2.zapdos overworld dissaperes after the battle and then comes back again,how to make him dissaper after the battle for ever?

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Forget my last question about trainerbattles.

I have a new question. Is there a way to recreate the first battle with Gary in FR, but with a different trainer (I need to know the special and how to change the trainer, or should I just edit Gary with a-trainer?)? You know the one where professor oak explains various aspects of fighting?
Or is there a way to continue after a trainerbattle even if you lose?

I'm using XSE.

I opened the original script with the gary battle, but I couldn't find the code that made the battle the special battle (as far as I could see, the only special wat special 0x0, and that one heals your pokémon). One thing I noticed was in the trainerbattle code, battle type 0x9 was used instead of the normal. I tried to use 0x9 (hoping this would cause the battle to be the special battle), but it didn't work.
I'm using a different trainer than Gary, is that the problem?

Larsie13

I opened the original script with the gary battle, but I couldn't find the code that made the battle the special battle (as far as I could see, the only special wat special 0x0, and that one heals your pokémon). One thing I noticed was in the trainerbattle code, battle type 0x9 was used instead of the normal. I tried to use 0x9 (hoping this would cause the battle to be the special battle), but it didn't work.
I'm using a different trainer than Gary, is that the problem?
Well, remember the byte in the trainerbattle command that ALWAYS has to be 0x0? (The "reserved" byte, according to XSE's Command Help) Well, if you make that a 0x3, and the battle type 0x9, it should work.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Larsie13: It works, thank you very much.

Now I got a very weird bug.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x3E9
if 0x1 goto @continue
end
#org @continue
showsprite 0x2
end
As a map script, type 05.

Everything works, except you can walk trough the person and you can't walk with him. any suggestions? Other map script types won't work either.

Edit:
Some map types seem to show the sprite, some don't show him at all.

Edit: Never mind, I worked my way around it my setting a flag in a map script in your room and giving the people that need to appear that flag. In the other script I just clear the flag and it works like a charm. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
This is for XSE...

This is more of a general question, and not any specific errors in a script. So, I won't post my script, as it will not help any to do so. However; I will provide some backstory.

I made a script, that now works perfectly, except for one thing. There is a section in which a message is directly followed by a set of movements (eg: msgbox, then on the next line, applymovement). Well, the script technically works, but the message box stays there during the movements. How do I make the thing disappear before the movements?

So there it is: How do I make messages disappear when they are directly followed by a movement?

That was kind of long-winded, sorry.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is for XSE...

This is more of a general question, and not any specific errors in a script. So, I won't post my script, as it will not help any to do so. However; I will provide some backstory.

I made a script, that now works perfectly, except for one thing. There is a section in which a message is directly followed by a set of movements (eg: msgbox, then on the next line, applymovement). Well, the script technically works, but the message box stays there during the movements. How do I make the thing disappear before the movements?

So there it is: How do I make messages disappear when they are directly followed by a movement?

That was kind of long-winded, sorry.
use: msgbox type 0x4 and then when u want it to close use closeonkeypress.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
can someone show me how to make my own legendary pokemon battles please and get my rival to give me a aura ticket and mystic ticket once i beat the elite four once. I am pretty new to hacking and the most i have done i edit maps and change evolution stats.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
1.zapdos overworld doesn't looking at you when you talk to him to begin the battle(it's not a major one but if you can help with it,it would be good)
2.zapdos overworld dissaperes after the battle and then comes back again,how to make him dissaper after the battle for ever?
any help please?
and why on xse there is an option with a-trainer and FSF?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Type: ?
Editor: pokescript
Script:
Spoiler:

It doesn't work corretly evrithing is fine just when i am talking to the person there are some strange letters?

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Game: Fire red
Type: Give away
Editor: XSE
Script: see below

Screenshots and/or Videos: None

My script is not complete. er must be a part that er will be a qeustion ( will you have this bagon?) Yes you get him if no you must select yes to go further.
BUt this part of the sript i don't now how to make. can some buddy do this for me?

Script is in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Can some buddy help me

Giratina the master

A Member looking for ROM help
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2010
ROM:Emerald
Type:Give Pokemon
Trouble:Sneds me a message saying to less parameters in line 5 the correct number is 2

script
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Trouble:Sneds me a message saying to less parameters in line 5 the correct number is 2

script
Spoiler:

Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Type: ?
Editor: pokescript
Script:
Spoiler:

It doesn't work corretly evrithing is fine just when i am talking to the person there are some strange letters?
Corrections in bold.
Simple, small mistakes.

can someone show me how to make my own legendary pokemon battles please and get my rival to give me a aura ticket and mystic ticket once i beat the elite four once. I am pretty new to hacking and the most i have done i edit maps and change evolution stats.
For legendaries, use wildbattle. It's not that hard. Just look it up on a tutorial. I'm really not sure how to do after Elite 4 things, but you could just use a flag and make him give it to you when it's set.

any help please?
and why on xse there is an option with a-trainer and FSF?
1. I'm pretty sure that Zapdos and that kind of stuff don't have sprites for looking anything but down. Though I may be wrong.
2. Use hidesprite, then a flag. Put the flag as the Zapdos's People ID.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

script
Spoiler:

ahem...
Spoiler:

you should probably add a setflag command so it'll not repeat the script...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back