• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Why cant i play the Befriend a Pokémon game anymore?

just get the Error 404 Page not Found message when trying to load the page :(

Because the event to get the eeveelutions is over, it's not known whether the game will return "for the fun of it" at a later time, though, but because the event ended, that's why. :(

FangedFreak

Ace Trainer
Years
Is it possible to get a shiny pokémon from DW? Just caught a Kangaskhan and i think it's shiny, how can i tell? Looks slightly different to the normal colour but not 100% sure cos the difference is so slight

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Is it possible to get a shiny pokémon from DW? Just caught a Kangaskhan and i think it's shiny, how can i tell? Looks slightly different to the normal colour but not 100% sure cos the difference is so slight

Hmm, I can't say I've experienced the Dream World enough to know if you can obtain shinies there, but here's the difference of the non-shiny and shiny form if it helps.
115.png
115.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeh i checked both versions on serebii, my one is like the one on the right

Check on your PC box, or put it in your party. If it has a red star on its info screen down the bottom, then it's a shiny, which is the only way to know for sure.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I just got into the dream world, but I have to go on this lovely mothers day, so I will be in it when I get back lol But it's alright it will dream eventually? But I want a Ruby Sapphire remake so bad. :)

Years
How do I make eggs come in the Day Care thing, because I put a male and female there for 5 days and I collected them back and no egg WHY?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
^Not every Pokemon can breed together. What Pokemon are they?

Also, a question of my own:
What is the easiest way to find a Dusk Stone?
I tried looking in caves with Max Repels and stuff, but I've only been getting Gems, Excadrill, and a few other stones. Are there any other easier ways?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
^Not every Pokemon can breed together. What Pokemon are they?

I tried looking in caves with Max Repels and stuff, but I've only been getting Gems, Excadrill, and a few other stones. Are there any other easier ways?

There's one that a Veteran gives you on Route 10, one in Mistralton Cave, and you can buy them in Black City. Those are your options other than dust clouds.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020

I'm guessing you've already picked up the 2 in game ones? If not heres all the locations; http://serebii.net/itemdex/duskstone.shtml Other than that and Black city I'm afraid dust clouds are your only way. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do I make eggs come in the Day Care thing, because I put a male and female there for 5 days and I collected them back and no egg WHY?

To explain the other post a bit better, it depends on if they're in the same egg group - it determines whether they'll make an egg at all, or whether it'll be quick or take a while. I suggest reading the following to find out about egg groups and then clicking the links to see what your two Pokemon are in. :)

Years
How quickly do you need to get to White Forest/Black City for it to be fully populated? I cant seem to find any info on the net as to how quickly you need to get there. I've played the game for 12 hours so far, I've got 6 badges so not long to go until I can get there but I'm worried it wont be populated!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How quickly do you need to get to White Forest/Black City for it to be fully populated? I cant seem to find any info on the net as to how quickly you need to get there. I've played the game for 12 hours so far, I've got 6 badges so not long to go until I can get there but I'm worried it wont be populated!

I can't give you an exact answer, but my boyfriend played for 25 or so hours and had about 5 people in his Black City. I played for a little over 50 and had 1 person in my White Forest. I would guess at 55 hours or maybe 60 gameplay it will be completely unpopulated, but I can't give a guess at full population.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Whenever I try to use a move, it doesn't work, and goes straight to the move summery screen. How did this happen?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Whenever I try to use a move, it doesn't work, and goes straight to the move summery screen. How did this happen?

Are you using an AR? I used an AR for checking IV's and EV's and I got this once before. Try switching out Pokemon, or use a different move. For me, it was only one move.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
Dream World & GTS Problems.

For some reason I cannot connect to dream world or the GTS...
For dream world it says something along the lines of Game Sync has run out of juice it will take a day to recover.. something like that.

And GTS says error connecting please power down or something.

Is anyone else having these problems or is there a way to fix it?
Obviously its not my internet :P

But please help if you can

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
For some reason I cannot connect to dream world or the GTS...
For dream world it says something along the lines of Game Sync has run out of juice it will take a day to recover.. something like that.

And GTS says error connecting please power down or something.

Is anyone else having these problems or is there a way to fix it?
Obviously its not my internet :P

But please help if you can

I have that problem with the Dream World but not the GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back