• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I use the same base 15 character password for everything, then depending on the site, I add a couple of letters to it. That way, each password is unique, yet they are all similar enough for me to remember.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For security reasons, I prefer not to talk about my password habits :P

For security reasons, you might want to change your password habits. :P

^^LOL

You know who reeeeally needs to change their password habits? My parents. They expect me to know their bank account passwords but honestly I have never touched their accounts at all, and then they become so frustrated when they try accessing their account while forgetting what their password was.

& okay so far we have
1 tablet in a tree
2 dual cores
3 virus scans
4 printers jamming
5 new passwords
6 brands of smartphones

Last edited:
Years
#3 was "three virus scans" lmao

My gosh my parents would never let me know their passwords O_o they'd think I would go in and modify stuff all over if I knew their passwords.. but I think it's better that I don't know them at all as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This year I had to call the bank's member services hotline a bazillion times because my parents kept forgetting their passwords and their security answers. They're already annoyed by now. xD

So I decided to just stick to the most simple password where they could remember, and that's the same password as our internet modem. They can't forget that. :D

Years
^ that's how I retrieved my grandfather's WiFi password earlier this year lmao.. he was showing me his new Windows 8 laptop and when my parents and him weren't looking I inputted the password onto my iPod Touch and eventually my tablet to browse the internet on my own devices xD

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Without me knowing my parents passwords, they'd be lost. Hell, my friends would be lost too, but they don't know I have their passwords.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My password is a short and simple term mixed with a few numbers, and, to me, it's very easy to remember. I use it almost everywhere, including my computer and website accounts. d:

Years
A wise, wise friend of mine told me that storing passwords on a piece of paper is the biggest security breach and if someone finds said piece of paper it opens doors for the person to get into your account. xD

I have it in a personal safe locked up in a secret space in my room; I don't think I'm in danger of anybody finding it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I have three generated passwords memorized at this point since I find myself using them so often that it's quite the hassle to open the password database just to get one password out.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I haven't needed to use flash in some time actually... so it hasn't bothered me.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait, isn't it needed for stuff like youtube and twitch? Or do the custom apps alleviate that problem?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Youtube has mostly moved to html5 if not completely. You can watch on any Android device very easily even in the browser.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Flash player works from an APK, but only in Firefox.

Years
That's what I used. I installed Firefox and I installed Flash Player from a sideloaded apk file.. when I opened up the settings, the tab in Firefox said that there was a missing plugin.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm actually kind of grateful that the Adobe Flash Player that comes with Windows RT 8.x is functionally the same one as the desktop ActiveX Adobe Flash Player for normal Windows PCs. :)

That, coupled with the fact that Adobe Flash Player on Windows RT now operates on a blacklist, makes IE11 a nice thing to have on an ARM-based tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back