• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Christian Clubhouse (For Yashua/Jesus/Yeshua Fans or Believers)

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
Thank you for your kind words everyone. Things have been better this month for my loved ones <3 We have some good news that I am so thankful for. My mother underwent an eye exam and her vision is fine, it doesn't look like there any pressure that should affect her vision. That is a prayer answered. I am so happy that she is safe with me, and that she has her sight.

I have a question to ask members with April approaching soon. How will some of you will celebrate Easter this year?

I'd love to hear plans and stories, even it's a simple and quiet Easter. I think this would be a positive and hopeful topic to reflect on.

Praise God for this report sister, Amen

How will some of you will celebrate Easter this year? : I always have communion. I reflect on the sacrifice that God endured for us all and I thank Him for that act of Love. It is because of that act that we all have access to the Father through Jesus Christ and eternal life.

I also try and watch The Passion of the Christ. It helps to put His sacrifice into perspective. What Christ went through for us. The Love that He showed by willingly lying down His life and shedding His blood for us so that we may inherit the Kingdom of God.

Thank you Father, thank you Jesus

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm going to start out by saying that I'm not religious. I don't even want to say that I'm an atheist because that seems to be synonymous with being 'anti-religion', which I am not. At most I'm 'spiritual' and that only extends to meditation / being a hippy because it helps with my anxiety. I don't hate organized religion, I'm not a former believer who lost faith, I simply was never raised with the presence of a god in my life.

But I think this club is important. My fiancé's family is very religious, and very devout in their Christian beliefs. As an 'outsider' it's always rather touching to see how, particularly my mother-in-law, is moved by her faith. It makes them happy and it's nice to see how this shared belief brings them together to make positive changes in the world around them. It's a dedication I have never known and I admire anyone who stands by their beliefs and uses it to spread love.

Just recently someone I care for tested positive for covid, and immediately she was placed on a 'prayer list'. Now, I don't understand how praying works, but even just the basic action of "hey, I'm wishing you well", to a total stranger is such a generous, true, and human gesture. I appreciate so much those small moments of kindness and authenticity, even if the grander picture of religion is lost on me.

Anyway, all this to say, good on everyone who expresses their faith here. It's almost taboo to be openly religious online because it faces so, so much scrutiny outside of their own circles. Obviously everyone knows there's vitriolic and downright evil things done in the name of god both in the past and present — but in my (albeit limited) experience, all I see of religion and faith is love and good will.

I know fairly well most people in this thread to be good, honest, and compassionate people. I know my fiancé's family are good people. I know faith makes people I care for happy.. and what more could I want than that? So I suppose I cannot truly join this club.. but consider me an ally for anyone who wants to bring more good into the world, through any means. ♡

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Thank you for your kind words everyone. Things have been better this month for my loved ones <3 We have some good news that I am so thankful for. My mother underwent an eye exam and her vision is fine, it doesn't look like there any pressure that should affect her vision. That is a prayer answered. I am so happy that she is safe with me, and that she has her sight.

I have a question to ask members with April approaching soon. How will some of you will celebrate Easter this year?

I'd love to hear plans and stories, even it's a simple and quiet Easter. I think this would be a positive and hopeful topic to reflect on.

My family will probaby just go out to dinner for Easter, we are probably not even going to be able to go to my parents' church because a bunch of the staff got covid, unfortunately. I might go to Indiana to go to my church, but I don't have any solid plans as of yet.

I have a question for you guys: I have always wanted to be a game developer, and am wondering if it is possible to do a bit of evangelism in a video game, while displaying the other side's arguments as well. It would be a monster taming game like Pokémon, where each monster represents either a educational fact, bible verse, general idea/concept, or pop culture reference. I would love to include cameos from other games I admire. While I would like to make the game somewhat evangelistic, I would more like to make it like a educational/thought provoking game about finding the truth. Do you guys think it could still work evangelistically, even if it displayed information about multiple beliefs and ideologies? I am pretty sure none of the game developers I would like to ask for permission for cameos would go for it if it were purely evangelistic, but I don't really desire it to be purely gospel preaching to begin with.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
I don't understand how praying works
There are many benefits of prayer:
1. Prayer enables you to set your mind on the things above. Colossians 3:2 says, "Set your mind on the things which are above, not on the things which are on the earth."
How could we fulfill God's word in this verse except by prayer? Prayer is the way to have our mind set on the things above. That's because proper prayer elevates our mind from our earthly concerns to God's heavenly interests.

2. Prayer enables Christ to carry out His heavenly administration. The Lord's instruction in Matthew 6:9-13 is not just a prayer to recite, but a pattern of prayer that carries out God's administration,
"Our Father who is in the heavens, Your name be sanctified; Your kingdom come; Your will be done, as in heaven, so also on earth…" When our minds are set on the things above, as we just mentioned, we're able to respond to God's heavenly interests and express them through our prayer. During such times of prayer, we become a reflection of Christ's ministry in the heavens (Rom. 8:34). What a benefit!

3. Prayer ushers you into the Holy of Holies to receive grace. Another benefit of prayer is to touch the "throne of grace" to find grace for your timely help. Hebrews 4:16 says, "Let us therefore come forward with boldness to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace for timely help." What is grace? It is more than God's unmerited favor. Grace is "God in Christ as our supply and enjoyment, conveyed to us and realized through the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Phil. 1:19)". When we pray, we enter into the Holy of Holies and touch the throne of grace to enjoy the hidden Christ in our spirit. In fact, enjoying the flowing of God's grace in our prayer is more important than having our prayers answered. The primary thing is that grace like a river flows from the throne and into our being.

4. Prayer charges your "spiritual battery" to live the Christian life. The Christian life is like a tool or toy with a battery. Without being regularly charged, our "spiritual battery" will lack the power needed to carry out its intended functions. Our prayer is our connection to the "charging station." When we pray, our "spiritual battery" is charged with the heavenly current. This heavenly current, this divine electricity, is the Triune God Himself as grace flowing from the throne—the "heavenly power plant"—into us. Revelation 22:1 says, "And He showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb…" This divine, flowing river proceeding from God's throne supplies the power to charge us whenever we pray.

5. Prayer brings you into fellowship with the Lord. Prayer is the contact of our spirit with God's spirit. John 4:24 says, "God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit…"
It's by such God-contacting prayer that we enter into fellowship with the Lord and become conscious of the fact that we are really one spirit with Him and that He is actually one spirit with us (1 Cor. 6:17). This also is a tremendous benefit!

6. Prayer renews you for the new man. Ephesians 4:23-24 says, "And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind and put on the new man…" This means that whenever we contact the Lord as the Spirit with our spirit through prayer, this spirit spreads into our mind for our renewing. In such a way we are being renewed for the new man. This new man is Christ's Body today and will become the New Jerusalem for eternity (Rev. 21:2). How wonderful that we can be renewed for the new man by our prayer. What a benefit!

7. Prayer lets the peace of Christ arbitrate in your heart. Colossians 3:15 says, "And let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your hearts, to which also you were called in one Body, and be thankful."
This kind of peace isn't just freedom from worry, but the peace between different peoples. How can we, as believers, let the peace of Christ arbitrate in all our relationships with people, especially other believers that are different from us. It's only by our prayer. When we pray, Christ will become the real umpire, ruler, and decider in everything. The main "call" our "Umpire" makes is "you're wrong! Repent. Confess and say you're sorry." Such prayer preserves the peace in our marriage life, family life, Christian life and church life. This arbitrating peace is a great benefit of prayer!

8. Prayer allows the word of Christ to dwell in you richly. Colossians 3:16 says, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom…" But how? One of the greatest discoveries of my Christian life was learning how to receive God's word in the Bible by means of prayer, that is, pray-reading it. By pray-reading, you not only gain some mental understanding from the Bible, but you're nourished with life element in God's Word. God's words become "spirit and life" to you (John 6:63).

Obviously everyone knows there's vitriolic and downright evil things done in the name of god both in the past and present
You're right, there has been heinous acts done in the name of God but, then one has to ask did those individuals really hear from God or were they just trying to put forth their own agendas. In Galatians 5:22-23, Paul lists nine specific behaviors – love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control – that are the result of the work of the Holy Spirit in a Christian's life. These are known as the fruits of the Spirit. If someone's actions deviate from these than the Spirit of God is not guiding that individual.

So I suppose I cannot truly join this club
The door is always open Jo, all one needs to do is take the step in. I will pray for your salvation and that God ministers to you on a personal level. I will also keep your dear loved one in my prayers and pray for a speedy recovery. God loves you very much Jo <3

Last edited:
Years
I'm still on my spiritual journey and haven't really decided on a title or religion to stand by. I know I'm extremely spiritual though and always have been since I was a little girl growing up in the Christian faith till age 28. When something traumatic changed my life forever and I began my spiritual journey of finding myself and my beliefs. All that I know is when being a Christian pretty much most my life I never understood the Bible, nor all the rules in it whats right or wrong, then what you need to be a true Christian to go to heaven. I've met half extreme Christians all my life tell me I can't have an open mind about other things especially being spiritual and that if I do I'm dammed to Hell.

No Church never welcomed me ever because how I look race wise and my opened minded beliefs that don't follow Christianity. So I think deep down I was shunned by it the faith even though my mother and step father still are Christian but don't go to church nor read the Bible every day. I think that if you believe in God, pray do right and good things to others and animals. You are just as welcomed in his praise if you were going to church all the time and following the rules to a T. I respect Christians still since my parents are and respect the religion and anyone who believes in God. If I however am not anymore I hopeI still can be respected here and not judged or put the word of God speech on me.

Who knows if I'll go back to it but all or even welcomed truly by other Christians. All I know Spritual things I believe in like Wicca and Buddhism have helped and even saved me from very bad things since I began my spiritual journey. Things also happened to me I can't explain either from a higher power or mysterious being protecting me. So I just wanted to say I used to be Christian , might go back to it or not and share my story with you all.

Years
I'm not a member but my partner is Catholic, as was my mother and most of my current family, so I know how important this day is!

I just wanted to say Happy Easter to all my Christian brothers and sisters! I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Years
Happy Easter Beloved!

It's a fine day where I live, warm, crystal clear and sunny. I wanted to spread some love, and share this inspirational video today for Easter. It's a relaxing video celebrating the spring season full of imagery of blossoming plants and birds and insects in motion set to instrumental versions of classic spirituals. It's been a joyful and peaceful listening experience for me, and I hope it is for others too. Love you all!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I wish churches here in Monterrey will open soon to visit my grandma's urn

Aw.. that's so sad, I'm so sorry. :(

I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit my grandmother, mother, and others because we went with outdoor markers instead of tombstones. Unfortunately we found out that any items, casket blankets, flowers, candles, etc are all mowed over by the keeper. So it's like.. wow, okay, guess I won't honor my loved ones. :/

Years
I clicked on a YouTube video recommended to me called The Church Forests of Ethiopia. Ethiopia is one of the world's earliest centers of Christianity, and has a history of building their churches i the forest to represent being in the Garden of Eden. I found this video inspirational for the beauty inside the churches as well as the natural landscape.

I also think there is an important environmental message here about our ecology, and how to balance growing agriculture while still protecting our forests from erosion.

In the Tigray region there is a rich tradition of churches carved from sandstone that are thousands of years old. I found a video on one such rock-hewn church called Abuna Yemata Guh, that you have to make a perilous climb to the top of as a testament of faith. I was so moved that I literally had tears in my eyes, especially when I saw the ancient bibles preserved and the frescoes on the ceiling. It's called the chapel in the sky, and said to be 600 feet up so that you can be close to heaven. Glorious!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Hey guys, after a while of struggling with my religious OCD and fundamentalism, I now have gone back to believing in a more liberal Jesus, and a less literal bible. It is always a relief to me, because my OCD latches onto strict moral rules and ambiguous doubts in general. I started watching this guy's youtube channel called InspiringPhilosophy and it really helped me out. If you still believe in a literal bible, that's okay! Just remember Jesus's message.

Years
I don't believe I've ever formally introduced myself but I am Adelina, or you can call me Lina, and I am Christian, though I conform to no particular denomination. My beliefs are very much my own and I feel as though they do not properly align with any established branch of Christianity. However, my beliefs seem to fit Anglicanism more so than any other Christian denomination, as I am very liberal.

My maternal grandparents are Russian Orthodox, my mother is Pentecostal, and my father's family is Roman Catholic, so I've grow up with a plethora of different religious perspectives and traditions. I suppose something which make my beliefs more unorthodox include my lack of belief in hell/satan/demons.

I haven't attended church since Pre-COVID times and in my to day to day life I very rarely pray or openly practice my faith, though I do love the Lord.

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Non-denominational Christian here. Grew up a buddhist but Christ called me in high school through a Chick tract. Died to this world in 2006. Had many dreams and desires but got very sick (to the point of death) then. Gave everything up one night to the Lord and asked Him to direct my paths from then on out and experienced the most peace and comfort ever in life. Then, amazingly, everything I wanted prior came to me one after the other. Currently waiting for the rapture. Hearing that people in other parts of the world are being stirred and are excited for His soon return.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It's never fun getting 'that' bad news in the morning that someone has passed away. I'm still in a bit of shock.

I like to believe that god keeps a special place ready in heaven for those with debilitating disabilities. Those who never had the chance to live what we call a normal life here on earth.

Years
It's never fun getting 'that' bad news in the morning that someone has passed away. I'm still in a bit of shock.

I like to believe that god keeps a special place ready in heaven for those with debilitating disabilities. Those who never had the chance to live what we call a normal life here on earth.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please grieve however way you see fit, it's ok to be upset, but we as a community are all collectively here to provide you with care and support if you need it, of course.

I believe that heaven is an indescribably beautiful place wherein your loved one will find eternal comfort. Bless their beautiful soul.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please grieve however way you see fit, it's ok to be upset, but we as a community are all collectively here to provide you with care and support if you need it, of course.

I believe that heaven is an indescribably beautiful place wherein your loved one will find eternal comfort. Bless their beautiful soul.

Thank you so much for the condolences. I'll be okay.

My mother is quite shaken. She is medically trained and was there when it was happening. She attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but he was already gone.

I do like to believe the last statement too. It's crazy how someone can be there one moment and gone the next on a whim. Life is so fleeting. He is in a better place with no more suffering.

Back