• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It was the kid doing Yo-Yo tricks. That was part of the Talent thing that was done a few weeks ago. Didn't have anything to do with Pokemon, just a community thing that Smash does.

Nothing New on Smash, but weird Paper Airplane gives a lot of Rumor-Fodder to Flying Type eeveelution.

It has nothing to do with Eevee, they've been doing community games like that for a long time. Its just part of Smash's normal set up.

So this was just posted on Pokejungle.
2313n_123242.png

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I'm really finding that hard to believe, we've had similar "scans" to these in the lead up to Corocoro, it's a little too early and they've reused images from the Trailer. It looks like it was slapped together within a matter of minutes IMO.

Victini

I can't find that photo on pokejungle... did he delete it?
Either way, those Pokemon look so uber fake it hurts. ;w; If those 'mons are real, I'll be deathly surprised. vwv;

And if you review the cat-like being and the female hero, they both have funky eyes. The cat has two different sized eyes and the girl... well, you'll see it.
The male also has a really funky hand going on there too. Amateur art is very amateur... so it's safe to say that the photo is 100% fake.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Lame attempt at evolving Froakie and producing a crappy looking take on an Eeveelution?

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Something about the CocoCoro one looks really fake. Maybe design style? idk, it just doesn't seem in line with Sugimori usually. ;(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh, that image that Suicune posted! It does seem a bit strange....though it would be hard for me to say anything just yet, though. Mostly because I'm finding it really hard to say exactly what it is. XD I'm still pretty skeptical about it being a new eeveelution or anything like that. @_@

Maybe it's a scaled down version of a pokemon? Although it's quite round... kinda like Voltorb/Electrode. @)@

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Has anyone heard about this rumor yet? It's yet again from 4chan:

Inside sources claim that we're not just getting one or two new types, we're getting FIVE. Here's what we're dealing with now:

SOUND: Finally becoming its own full-fledged type, several older Pokemon are getting reclassified with this secondary typing (For instance, Jigglypuff is now Normal/Sound). It seems to be strong against Rock Types.

LIGHT: You heard that right. It's supposed to represent light and the color spectrum (i.e., rainbows). Xerneas is partially.of this type. Absol is re-typed as Dark/Light.

SHADOW: After having been toyed with in Colosseum, the Type is back in full force. It seems all of the moves from XD are back. The idea is to make a truly 'evil' kind of Pokemon. Yveltal is partially of this Type.

TOXIC: Now considered to be separate from Poison (which drops defense every turn), it seems to be good against Water enemies.

NO TYPE: As in, no weaknesses, resistances, or immunities, but none of its moves are super-effective. Based around a strange alien-invasion storyline that's seen in the post-game. Only one Pokemon has this type, and it rivals Arceus in power.

Classic Mode turns off the new types, but it must be unlocked after beating the Elite Four. Easy Mode and Challenge Mode are available from the start.

Another new thing they're adding are Pokemon 'Traits', which is a bonus given to attacks not of the Pokemon's type (For instance, Charizard has Dragon-like Traits). A few Pokemon have different Traits depending on form. Most Unown have different Traits depending on letter.

Friendship is being played up heavily, as a new command has been added in battle that acts as a last resort button. You are given the option now of deleting your fifth move or saving it in your Final Option box. When your last Pokemon is down to half health, they will be allowed to use this move, which gets stronger through friendship. If you get the health back, you lose the option.

Also, the starters' final forms are Grass/Rock, Water/Flying, and Fire/Fighting.

Some of these rumors better be fake.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Also, the starters' final forms are Grass/Rock, Water/Flying, and Fire/Fighting.

Now see, the whole thing screamed fake but then I saw this and started laughing. This is yet another fake rumor meant to piss people off in /vp/ hahahaha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I hope they make a ghost/steel type pokemon with the ability levitate, there for it will only have one weakness - fire. And unlike some pokemon with one fire weakness (scizor) will actually be able to survive a fire attack because it only does 2x damage as oppose to 4x damage. And with bonus steel defenses, I'd say this would have to be the best typing of any pokemon, even outclassing ghost/dark typing! Shame it hasn't been done yet... -__-
Yet another reason for looking forward to X and Y, the hope of a ghost/steel pokemon with levitate.
Who agrees?

Speaking of pokemon, gen 6 starters!
My fav is fennekin, hopefully a fire/psychic type!!

What's your fav?

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Those rumours better be fake. Gamefreak would be trolling to make another Fire/Fighting.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
To be truthful, part of me hopes some of these rumours are true(I mean, the new types sound interesting but it would honestly and truly screw up the entirety of competitive battling as we know it), and yet part me doesn't, especially the Fire/Fighting part.

Most of these rumours just don't sound like moves GF would make, really...

When I started to read that, I though you wanted another fire/fighting starter. I was planning to yell at you until I read the rest.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Other than the Starter types, I'm hoping its fake.

I have no problem with Fire/Fighting as there isn't anything wrong with the typing. There is no valid reason for it to be hated as much as it is. There are other things done more often than the Fire/Fighting combo. If Tradition pops up, well you can start a tradition at any point and time. Maybe Fire/Fighting is a new tradition they started.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Other than the Starter types, I'm hoping its fake.

I have no problem with Fire/Fighting as there isn't anything wrong with the typing. There is no valid reason for it to be hated as much as it is. There are other things done more often than the Fire/Fighting combo. If Tradition pops up, well you can start a tradition at any point and time. Maybe Fire/Fighting is a new tradition they started.

Disagree. It's not about the type. The think people hate is the Lack of variety for the Fire starters. Starter is a pretty big part of the game. The problem is we've been having a Fire/Fighting starter for Ages now. It kills the excitement of evolving your Fire starter.

Victini

That fox is not gonna be Fire/Fighting, period. Froakie was the only one shown doing a physical move for goodness sakes.
Fennekin is not physical at all, clearly. It was pretty obvious to me that he used a Psychic move in the trailer.

In any case... Light and Shadow make sense as types, but Sound and Toxic do not, to me. So I'm gonna call fake on it, although it was obvious enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back