• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Increasing # of OVerworld Sprite FR

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Hey humans. This is my first post here!

So, for the past few days I've been trying to suss out how to increase the number of Overworld Sprites in Fire Red successfully. I've tried a few YouTube tutorials and some found around here but haven't had much luck as of yet.

Here's where I'm at:
  • All JPAN's Hacked Engine did for me was delete all of the Person Events in my ROM
  • Also when I try using that tool I get an infinitely reappearing dialog box asking to "Choose the variables for the Dynamic OWs (will place all others after the input one)". Not sure what that means???
  • Any Sprite I add with Overworld Manager reverts to OW #16 in-game (despite A-Map showing otherwise prior to loading up my ROM in VBA
  • Am able to replace/resize existing ones to achieve the sprites I'm after, but obviously that isn't ideal

Anyway, any help would be great since I'm probably just missing a crucial step there somewhere.

*Note: I think I've got my head around Hex editing a little, so don't be shy using your programming mumbo jumbo if need be. I'll hopefully be able to translate :P

Cheers!

Last edited:

Dinisk

DinisK
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 27, 2019
switch from version 1.92 advance map-> 1.95 I did not receive pop-up notifications (it helped me).third point. Usually he returns to the main character. If he doesn't see the new sprites. open hxd goto 5F2E0 put F0 (240) in dex max sprite

Back