• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobius's Quest Journal, for Essentials

Years
Thank you for the help so far, it is reading out the text correctly. Is it supposed to read the title of the Quest or its first item? As it reads the first item from the 'Storyline' quest.

I had already tried to change all the font colours to no avail and the Windowskin change similarly doesn't display the text.

Thanks so much in advance!

I know it's a bit late, but I think I may have fixed the problem. I updated the post to a new version, and you'll see "#line to fix Mac problem" next to the line I added. I think it might be trying to write in a font you don't have or something, let me know if this fixes it.

Edit: Also I fixed the text wrapping by making the box smaller. I don't know that this will always work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I tried it in v15 and it game me a Syntax Error in Line 380 of the Quests Script, the line with QUEST_FILENAME etc. What changes would have to be made to make it applicable to v15?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Thanks! That fixed the problem, except I now have a similar problem as the guy from a few years ago, I can't seem to open a savefile, I can create a new one but can't save it later. I tried putting the PokemonLoad/PokemonSave lines in again and try to fix them but it doesn't seem to work.

This was the error:

Exception: TypeError
PokemonLoad:339:in `frame_count='
PokemonLoad:339:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:335:in `open'
PokemonLoad:335:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:326:in `loop'
PokemonLoad:461:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Main:6:in `main'
Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:27:in `mainFunction'
Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'

JustKenneth

Developer Pokemon The Kingdom of Meralas
Years
Fixed it! Sorry!

Hey guys,

I also get this error, I checked and all lines are in the right place.
Some incompatibility with the more recent Essentials?

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: TypeError

PScreen_Load:340:in `frame_count='

PScreen_Load:340:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PScreen_Load:336:in `open'

PScreen_Load:336:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PScreen_Load:326:in `loop'

PScreen_Load:466:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Main:6:in `main'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
When you say put it above main what do you mean? As in in a new section or in the main section itself? Also doe sit matter what you call it f its under a new section?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've been trying to implement a Quest System in my openworldish pokémon game. As far as I know I have implemented all the neccesary codes and changes to make Mobius Quest Journal work in Essentials. The game launches fine, and trying to show the Quest menu, through an item or through an event also works fine. The menu shows, the quests show. However the game also instantly gives this error and stops:

Exception: NoMethodError
Quests:599:in `refresh'
Quests:734:in `update'
Quests:714:in `main'
Quests:708:in `loop'
Quests:719:in `main'
Main:59

What exactly is the problem and how would I go about fixing it?

Years
So I think I got it to work properly and without error. I can bring up the quest menu fine when running the script $scene = Scene_Quest.new. But how do I go about tying that script to a particular action.

i.e. Using a certain button to instantly bring up the menu OR creating a journal key item that opens the menu when selected?

I must be missing something very simple...

Actually, I think I got it to work by going into the Pokegear script and editing it to add a "Quest Log" menu, then running the quest script there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I've been trying to implement a Quest System in my openworldish pokémon game. As far as I know I have implemented all the neccesary codes and changes to make Mobius Quest Journal work in Essentials. The game launches fine, and trying to show the Quest menu, through an item or through an event also works fine. The menu shows, the quests show. However the game also instantly gives this error and stops:

Exception: NoMethodError
Quests:599:in `refresh'
Quests:734:in `update'
Quests:714:in `main'
Quests:708:in `loop'
Quests:719:in `main'
Main:59

What exactly is the problem and how would I go about fixing it?

Chances are your QuestData.txt isn't corresponding to the script section. Try downloading Mobius's demo and copying and pasting his QuestData.txt and Quests.rxdata (?) to your Data folder.

Back