• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
I have got a shinny Celebi, I've got trade it from the internet. But how can you find/get a real shiny pokemon? ;) please help me ;)

I got the shiny Dratini that Benga gives you in White 2, green Dragonite is way suckier than orange Dragonite, but eh, it's a Shiny!
I also found a wild Boldore that I trade back and forth with my friend so it would turn into a SHINY GIGALITH!

I found a shiny Sigilyph as well! Except it used whirlwind...

I'm new here, what c

an you do with a friend code?

I got the shiny Dratini that Benga gives you in White 2, green Dragonite is way suckier than orange Dragonite, but eh, it's a Shiny!
I also found a wild Boldore that I trade back and forth with my friend so it would turn into a SHINY GIGALITH!

I found a shiny Sigilyph as well! Except it used whirlwind...

Sorry, I'm new here, what can you do with a friend code?^^

Last edited:

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I have got a shinny Celebi, I've got trade it from the internet. But how can you find/get a real shiny pokemon? ;) please help me ;)
I'm new here, what c
an you do with a friend code?
Sorry, I'm new here, what can you do with a friend code?^^

Shiny pokemon in the wild are extremely rare even if you manage to get the Shiny Charm from completing the pokedex. There's no 'real' way to find them in the wild other than to just look for long periods of time. It doesn't long every time, though. I was lucky enough to find a shiny within 15 minutes of looking. But what the person you quoted was talking about is a given shiny. Depending on what game you have, if you have White 2 you can go to the White Treehollow and eventually battle Benga who, if defeated, will give you a shiny Dratini. If you have Black 2 you go to Black Tower, defeat Benga and he'll give you a shiny Gible. If you complete the Unova Dex, you will also get a plane pass (from Juniper) to go find a shiny Haxorus.

Friend Codes are for communicating with other people through wi-fi.

zroc

Pokemon trainer
Years
I have been pokemon scene the original red and blue, (i know shiny pokemon were not introduced until silver and gold) . I have never seen a wild shiny pokemon. I know it's all random and the odds are very high. If anyone has any advice like amount of time i should spend in one area, it would be a huge help.

Years
Just recently, myself and a friend of mine were trying to complete the 'Seen' section of the Regional Dex to gain access to the Nature Preserve, the place with the Shiny Haxorus. It didn't take too long, and I was pleased when I caught it.
After this, I decided to catch everything else that was in the area, while I was there. So I went for a surf, and came across this:
550.png

Just a plain ol' Red Basculin, right?

Wrong.

Apparently, this qualifies as a 'Shiny Pokémon', despite being merely a shade or two brighter.

I'm happy that I managed to come across a 'legit' shiny directly after being given one by the game, but I wish it were an Altaria or something else that appears in that area. :/ This is the only shiny I've found to date in White 2.

Years
I have not caught any wild shinies or bred any in W2, but I did finally catch that shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve. And I got a great shiny Vulpix bred for me from someone today! It made me happy. :) I did also get a shiny Bagon from the GTS but not sure if it is legit so I haven't trained it yet.
I have had shiny experiences in SoulSilver though. I caught a shiny Manectric in the Safari Zone and accidentally ran from a shiny Rapidash. Also had a shiny Charmander traded to me.
And on Emerald I caught a shiny Trapinch who is now a shiny Flygon and is on SoulSilver.

AcidArmor

Haze
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
I caught a shiny Purrloin an hour into White 2...so far its the only shiny I've encountered to date in the fifth gen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I've never gotten a shiny in any Pokemon game ever, but the time will come :)
I've been looking for one in Pokemon Black 2 for a long time now :/

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
On my Pokéballs only challenge for Black 2, I decided to be a bit more suicidal by catching every legendary, in a Pokéball, and shiny. Yeah. Of course, Zekrom wasn't shiny, and I don't think Kyurem can either. If Kyurem can, then I failed. But I got shiny Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion, along with a shiny Leavanny, Alomomola, and something else I'm not thinking of :/ Will copy over the save file and take screencaps later

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I haven't caught any lately, but I haven't played much lately either. I don't hunt for them or anything - I just play the games and find them when I find them. I explore everything and train and evolve a lot of pokemon, so I fight a lot of battles through the course of a game, so I usually find at least one or two along the way.

So far in the fifth gen, I've caught a shiny Audino in Black and a shiny Swadloon (now a Leavanny) in Black 2. The Audino didn't surprise me much - I've fought so many of them that I was sure I'd run into at least one shiny along the way. The Swadloon was kind of cool though - it was entirely by chance, just making my way through Lostlorn Forest.

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
In Black 2, I have a shiny Tranquil. It's a really high level for its species (Level 46 I think), and it was caught ON THE FIRST TRY with a Quick Ball. If you don't use Quick Balls, you should. I captured many a Pokemon that way. It's not part of my team, as everything is tougher (Except the Heavy Metal Bronzong, which I am training and finding a use for its rare ability. Found in a Grotto!)

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Kyurem can be shiny.

The only ones that cannot be shiny are Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom. The game was programmed in a way such that wild Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom can never be shiny.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I did come across my very first shiny Pokemon in Black 2! It was a Zubat in Castelia City's sewers. I was lucky to catch it before Hugh defeated it, but I was an idiot and forgot to transfer Zubat to my Black file and just deleted the B2 one. :c

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I haven't gotten any shinies in BW2 yet, tho I am trying to get shiny Eevee with Masuda Method.

KradTone

Ace Trainer
Years
I hatched a shiny Eevee, Larvesta, and somehow cam across a shiny Deerling (got away/fainted it) and a shiny Vanillite. (caught)

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
Years
I first saw a shiny Ditto, in Cerulean cave when I didn't know what it was, wondered why it was blue... Didn't catch it! Then I came across a shiny Duskull at route 121 and didn't catch it becaus I ran out, dare say I nearly cried. But I have now caught a shiny Duskull and sent it to white 2! It is now a Dusclops, permanent spot in my team. I also have a shiny Cobalion from soft resets. No I don't have a lucky charm, or have never used a shiny helping device.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Wow. It's interesting that some people get emotional over a missed shiny Pokemon.

Anyway, the first thing I'll say is I never found a shiny in my life. I'm at the moment focusing on getting a shiny Dratini, which is available at the White Treehollow.

At the Desert Resort Pokemon outbreak I thought I'd caught a shiny Hippowdon, which was gray instead of yellow, but didn't realize it was the female counterpart.

Just a question: Does any battle subway trainer (Waiters etc.) have shiny Pokemon? I don't know any so far.

Back