• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Fangame Tutorials Series: Editor.exe

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hey guys! The fangame introductory tutorial has been a pretty big hit in terms of views so I'm hopefully going to be turning it into a series - the approximate series plan is listed here - and the next thing up is Editor.exe. This is a program used in fangames to edit Pokémon, Trainers, encounters, weather, metadata, and anything else that can't be accessed directly through RMXP's interface.

The tutorial this time would not be exceedingly long, as it's a lot more focused. It would probably just be a paragraph or two per function in Editor.exe, describing how that function works and what it's useful for. I would link this tutorial in the comments thread for the first article, so it can share the exposure of being in a stickied thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think this could be extremely helpful for those new peeps who are trying to navigate the game developing world! Nice idea!

+1!!

Back