• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Syntax Errors. [Self Solved]

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2021
So, I am trying to make hm moves into items and all the tutorials that exist online are for older versions of essentials because all the code the fiddle around with is different from the code I am seeing. I tried following some tutorials to the best of my ability with what I could and I am getting a Syntax error at specifically the "End" point of this chunk:

Code:
def Kernel.pbRockSmash
  move = getID(PBMoves,:ROCKSMASH)
  movefinder = Kernel.pbCheckMoves(move)
  if !pbCheckHiddenMoveBadge(BADGEFORROCKSMASH,false) || (!$DEBUG && !$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::KNUCKLE)>0
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("It's a rugged rock, but a Pokémon may be able to smash it."))
    return false
  end

I tried changing moves and move into item and items but that didn't really change anything.

I am attaching a screenshot of the exact message I get, important to say that where "end" is is on the 619th line.

I would really appreciate any help I can get with this.

EDIT: I have noticed at a later point that all code I add, whereever I add it, comes out as a syntax error for some reason.

EDIT 2: Ignore, I have, on my own figured it out.

Attachments

• twe.PNG
    twe.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back