• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to my world.
What exactly happened though?
Usaully there are ways to fix it.

Well what happens is whenever I stand on Random points on the boat, the game resets. I can't figure out which spots it resets on because it will happen on one spot I'll walk away and then it will work but then a different tile will reset the game.
I could probably just not use the map but then I'd be wasting a map so, I prefer to go back and just try and start from a backup without the problem. Esmas! I'm still going to change a lot of the Sprites, It's just not a very high priority, and since I'm not very good at spriting, it could take me a day to get one the way I like it. I'm just more worried about the actual gameplay.(maps and scripts)

Well thanks for the support everyone and hopefully I can find a little time to work on my hack tomorrow.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, finished playing the Beta, and it was quite interesting. It was nice playing just a bit of Johto and know that we would start a trip to Hoenn (it was cool those small changes on the routes you did)

Obviously, I'm happy with the scripting you did. It made the game quite different from FR.

About errors, well, I didn't pay too much attention about it. I just found a ledge leading into a mountain on Route45. I also think (though it's probably just a temporary overworld) that the hero has an error when he's walking from the side (it changes some of the outlines colors)
By the way, haven't you checked Marz's thread? Writing your name with rocks is not something cool... At least for him... XD

In general, even when it was a bit short, it was worth playing. Hope you can manage to keep up with it (and fix those problems you seem to have. Make sure you don't have any sprites with a Hidden attribute assigned to them, at least give'em the last Hidden in the list, the others reset the game as soon as they enter the screen)

Good luck!

Years
your banners and screens are quite good.
I am gettin jealous lol

Well, finished playing the Beta, and it was quite interesting. It was nice playing just a bit of Johto and know that we would start a trip to Hoenn (it was cool those small changes on the routes you did)

Obviously, I'm happy with the scripting you did. It made the game quite different from FR.

About errors, well, I didn't pay too much attention about it. I just found a ledge leading into a mountain on Route45. I also think (though it's probably just a temporary overworld) that the hero has an error when he's walking from the side (it changes some of the outlines colors)
By the way, haven't you checked Marz's thread? Writing your name with rocks is not something cool... At least for him... XD

In general, even when it was a bit short, it was worth playing. Hope you can manage to keep up with it (and fix those problems you seem to have. Make sure you don't have any sprites with a Hidden attribute assigned to them, at least give'em the last Hidden in the list, the others reset the game as soon as they enter the screen)

Good luck!

Okay thanks born2hack and Zel, Especially Zel. You're the greatest. I've fixed my problem. I had the higher hidden assined to a pokeball, I changed it to the lower one and it works fone now. I'm so happy. Thanks so much Zel.

I know about all of the problems with the Hero OW. I'll try and make a new one before I release the first beta. About my name, I've already removed it. I'm not a fan of mapping so I got pretty bored.

And I can't find the ledge that leads into a mountain. Could someone show a screenshot of what he means?

Thanks for the support.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
from thethethethe = "...and it works fone now..."

Eheheh... fine*

Well, that's great news, thethethethe!
I wonder what's the length of the upcoming Beta... Oh well...

Best of luck, as always, thethethethe!!! ;)
Keep it up and never give up!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And I can't find the ledge that leads into a mountain. Could someone show a screenshot of what he means?

I'm refering to jumping this ledge:

image01cy4.png

It's not like you get stuck there (you can walk left and everything's fine after that), just a minor mapping mistake, but I just happened to jump down that ledge when I was normally playing, so I thought about telling you ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oh yeah... I remember that one... I too jumped on that same ledge, but I kinda forgot to post it here...
;) Well, as zel said, it's just a minor mapping mistake.
I harm done. ^^

As always thethethethe.., best of luck.
Keep it up!

Years
from thethethethe = "...and it works fone now..."

Eheheh... fine*

Well, that's great news, thethethethe!
I wonder what's the length of the upcoming Beta... Oh well...

Best of luck, as always, thethethethe!!! ;)
Keep it up and never give up!

Yeah, I'm not the best at typing. I'm still not sure about the length of the beta. Probably 2 or 3 badges, maybe one more. I'm still not sure yet.

I'm refering to jumping this ledge:

It's not like you get stuck there (you can walk left and everything's fine after that), just a minor mapping mistake, but I just happened to jump down that ledge when I was normally playing, so I thought about telling you ;)
Thanks Zel. All fixed.
Just a bit off topic here but I remeber reading something that you posted about a guide to level scripts. I was just wondering where could I find that.

hack is seen well single is necessary to look for to him but future no?
Ummm... Sorry, but huh?????

Okay, since I used my poll already, I think I'll just ask this. Originally I was going to include all of the Hoenn gyms and make it the Hoenn League, and then get some of the badges of Johto while searching for a dragon but after discussing some ideas with somebody helping me, they thought it would be a good idea to involve gyms from all generations. Then I'd make it a world league. I liked that Idea. Then I thought what would everyone else prefer? Well what do you think?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
eheheh... I could never understand what dark tyranitar (no offense...) posts...

Anyways, that's cool! I can't wait for an official badg.., I mean beta...

My tongue slipped... Oh well, best of luck (how many times should I say this..? Oh well...) as always!

Keep it up and always aim high!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Well what happens is whenever I stand on Random points on the boat, the game resets. I can't figure out which spots it resets on because it will happen on one spot I'll walk away and then it will work but then a different tile will reset the game.
I could probably just not use the map but then I'd be wasting a map so, I prefer to go back and just try and start from a backup without the problem. Esmas! I'm still going to change a lot of the Sprites, It's just not a very high priority, and since I'm not very good at spriting, it could take me a day to get one the way I like it. I'm just more worried about the actual gameplay.(maps and scripts)

Well thanks for the support everyone and hopefully I can find a little time to work on my hack tomorrow.

This is a simple error to fix usaully.
If your map has any "movement" types such as "look down" or "hidden" within advancemap, that is what usaully causes it.

TheTheTheThe said:
ust a bit off topic here but I remeber reading something that you posted about a guide to level scripts. I was just wondering where could I find that.

http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/scriptnivel.php

Years
This is a simple error to fix usaully.
If your map has any "movement" types such as "look down" or "hidden" within advancemap, that is what usaully causes it.

http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/scriptnivel.php

Thanks EV. Yeah, I know about the hidden thing now. Thanks. And I guess I'm going to have use altavista to read this. I've got something else to learn now. Might as well look around while I'm there, maybe I'll find something useful. Thanks again EV.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
A Suggestion

Maybe give the hero sprite... an outfit like the other dragon Pokemon trainers, otherwise I like it!
Also please keep all the Johto gyms in this.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't think thethethethe will include the Johto Gym Leaders (except for Clair who'll give ya your first PKMN with Lance.., but Clair here isn't a GYM LEADER...)...

The story here is that you're from Johto, specifically in Blackthorn City, and you're on your journey to hoenn to find this green dragon legend...

37%

Friend or foe..........
Years
just in case it hasn't been posted, when i go on to the boat, i can walk through most of the walls and can't go to the imediate right.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
it's already been reported...

the boat is the end of the pre-beta...
^^

the beta is still under way...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I like the starter options, dratini and bagon are pretty cool. Blackthorn City was also one of my favorite towns! I do hope you finish this game, it looks very good. Good luck to you my friend.

Years
Maybe give the hero sprite... an outfit like the other dragon Pokemon trainers, otherwise I like it!
Also please keep all the Johto gyms in this.

I kinda hate Lance's and Claire's outfits. The cape isn't something I'd wear so I won't give it to the hero.

it's already been reported...

the boat is the end of the pre-beta...
^^

the beta is still under way...

Thanks destinedjagold.
I like the starter options, dratini and bagon are pretty cool. Blackthorn City was also one of my favorite towns! I do hope you finish this game, it looks very good. Good luck to you my friend.

Thanks, for the support.

I don't think thethethethe will include the Johto Gym Leaders (except for Clair who'll give ya your first PKMN with Lance.., but Clair here isn't a GYM LEADER...)...

The story here is that you're from Johto, specifically in Blackthorn City, and you're on your journey to hoenn to find this green dragon legend...

Well..... actually I'm still not sure. At the moment it's the Hoenn gyms, with some visits to some Johto Gyms on your search. But as I posted earlier, I'm thinking about involving gyms from all generations. So I'm still not sure. No-one has really said anything about that yet.

I never really got any feedback on this. Maybe I'll Quote myself.
Okay, since I used my poll already, I think I'll have to ask this. Originally I was going to include all of the Hoenn gyms and make it the Hoenn League, and then get some of the badges of Johto while searching for a dragon but after discussing some ideas with somebody helping me, they thought it would be a good idea to involve gyms from all generations. Then I'd make it a world league. I liked that Idea. Well what do you think?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
eheheh... your welcome, thethethethe...

that would clear confusion in our minds now...

yeah, that sounds really interesting!

can't wait!

best of luck, thethethethe! ^^
keep it up and always aim high!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
At the moment it's the Hoenn gyms, with some visits to some Johto Gyms on your search. But as I posted earlier, I'm thinking about involving gyms from all generations. So I'm still not sure.

Well, I can give some feedback about this idea:

I actually like the first idea in the above quote, getting all the Hoenn Gym badges, but I also recall you posting about a return trip to Johto, and another side quest there, which could give you the opportunity for some Johto Gyms as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back