• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is there any way to change the Zigzagoon you fight in Emerald right after choosing your starter? I noticed that there's no wildbattle script in there.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there any way to change the Zigzagoon you fight in Emerald right after choosing your starter? I noticed that there's no wildbattle script in there.

In fact, it's a special. Now, if you're patient enough, you could wait for the (finally) updated version of A-Starter which will let you edit that as well.

Years
How I can edit the connections with Mega Map?
Hello, my doubt is that in the part of the Hex of the MegaMap, do not understand as you edit . And much less like editing it so that the connections are those that I want to. ¿You could put a practical example, please?
Olá, minha dúvida é que na parte do Hex do MegaMap, não entendo como se edita. E muito menos como o editar para que as conexões sejam as que eu queira. ¿Poderias pôr um exemplo prático, faz favor?
Hola, mi duda es que en la parte del Hex del MegaMap, no entiendo como se edita. Y mucho menos como editarlo para que las conexiones sean las que yo quiera. ¿Podrías poner un ejemplo práctico, por favor?
PD: I am using a translator to Portuguese, in really, I am Spanish.

DisChineezBoi

graphical hacker-sucks at hex
Years
I need a little help with some tiles for Ruby. I'm trying to mod Little root town into a mountain top town but there are no snow tiles in Ruby's pallete. At all. I need some so where do you reccomend I get'em from? Also, I want to change the title screen to the title of my hack, FrozenRuby. Can you take me to a tutorial on that? Just post a link, thank you!

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
*Puts up anti-hurt feelings shield*

Now with that up, I have a question to ask.
I'm getting more and more advanced with mapping and scripting, but the problem that I have is with tiles.

I don't even get how to make them! Would anyone be able to explain it to me? There seems to be something that I'm missing. I can't find a tutorial on how to make one!

Thanks, whoever answers.

*Keeping anti-hurt feelings shield up*
Dx

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
So a tile is simply just a jpg image? And you just need to know how to insert it? That's all it really is?

PNG is better, then put it in the .DIB tileset (which it is saved as when you save a Tileset from Advance Map), but a tile is just something someone draws. You only need to know how to draw (well, that is) on a computer, and how to insert them, and there you go, you can make and insert your own tiles.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
PNG is better, then put it in the .DIB tileset (which it is saved as when you save a Tileset from Advance Map), but a tile is just something someone draws. You only need to know how to draw (well, that is) on a computer, and how to insert them, and there you go, you can make and insert your own tiles.
Well, I suck at drawing on computers, so looks like I'm screwed! :embarrass

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Yes, yet another reason my tutorial should of been accteped.

Simple Title Message Editing with Pksv
by Narutoactor

What is this tutorial for
eding the mesage with pickachu in the corner easly with PKSV
(I made this tutorial for people like me were advance text dose not work with there computor)

Things You need
1)A clean Rom To test you message first then your hack rom
2)Pksv by score_under
3)VBA(visual boy advance)

upen up PKSV then go to ROM and up your blank rom then go to tools and go to script search.

Click the buttune Text then click compile then exit out of compileation log.
and in the box to the side paist this in 0x1C5A04 then click search next then click the < button. (from the options << < > >>)
Now you will see the text that we are going to edit.
Now click on the button "add to script"
sceen1.jpg

Now the scipt will be on the main box so exit out of script seach and start editing the script
Note youse the blank rom to make sure your text dose not pass the line
also when eding the script you cant pass the amount of Bytes The script all ready has so this is my sugestion
go to the end of the scipt and backspace the whole script on character by one and count as you go the figure you get
you can not exsead that limit after you done with the new text count each character even the space and hyfences
and make sure you didnt exsead the limit you found before once your are sure everything is how you want it
copy the script and edit you hack rember always back up your hacks.

Speacel Thanks to Score_under for making this great program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back