• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shoto Saga

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
Introductions
Hello! Cyndaquil312 (formerly Pokemonguy1990) here, to bring back my Hack, Pokemon Shoto Saga. Unfortunately, my hack didn?t make it very far last time, before I was overwhelmed and abandoned it. Well, this time, there?s no turning back, I?m going to push as hard as I can to complete my dream of creating a Pokemon game worthy of the most seasoned of trainers.

Goal
I have a goal to reach with this hack, for the longest time, I dreamed of a Pokemon game that was challenging, yet left me unable to put it down. A Pokemon game where I could actually ?Catch ?em All?, So that?s what I want to do with this Hack. A challenging Pokemon game where all the Pokemon are hiding somewhere, the gyms are intimidating, and achieving Pokemon champion actually holds meaning. Alas, it?s not a one-man job, and I?m always looking for ways to improve the game, If you would like to help achieve my goal, feel free to VM or PM me with what you would like to help me with or you can apply to my Hack Team; Porygon Productions.

So, without further ado, I present to you
PChackthread1.PNG

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
Language: American & British English​

STORYLINE
The Shoto Isles Region has grown and prospered for many years, the cities and towns have grown naturally alongside nature, leaving the islands in pristine condition, thus allowing hundreds of Pokemon species to thrive. Shoto has recently chosen to adopt the laws of the Indigo Plateau as their own, now known as The Shoto League Charter, and have constructed a series of Gyms across the region, as well as their own Hall Of Champions, Home to the new Shoto Elite.
Professor Redwood, Shoto's Authority on Stone-Based Evolution, calls a professor from a far away region to come and give Pokemon to the first Trainers to officially take on the newly erected Gyms in Shoto.
Since you are old enough according to The Shoto League Charter, you hurriedly rush over to the Lab. Once there you find out that Professor Redwood?s guest is none other than Professor Oak of Kanto! He shows you three pokeballs, each containing a Pokemon that is rare to Shoto.
With your first Pokemon, your backpack, and a dream, you set out to defeat the Gyms of Shoto. So, you say farewell to Gingko Town and set out on an adventure of a lifetime. But before you leave, Professor Redwood warns you of a gang that is slowly tearing into the peace and serenity of the Region.
***.....***.....***.....***.....***​
The Rocket Story:
Several years after the fall of Team Rocket in Kanto, and Jhoto, Team Rocket has set up operations in the Shoto Isles under the leadership of a re-invigorated Giovanni. Their evil deeds are worse than ever, and they will stop at nothing to take over all of Shoto so they can execute their worst plan yet.
Giovanni Has sent out Recon Teams to the far away lands of Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn in order to bring back the legendary Pokemon of those lands. Giovanni Then orders the Teams to hide away these legends; The birds of Kanto, The Dogs of Jhoto, and Hoenn's Creators, as well as other legends they have found... and created.
Now that Giovanni Has these Pokemon, he sets his plans into action to create the ultimate Pokemon by combining the DNA of all these Pokemon and using the powers of the rare evolution stones found only in Shoto.

Features
? Explore the new region of Shoto.
? Battle all new rivals, Gym Leaders, and the strongest Elite4 ever seen.
? Thwart a re-invigorated Team Rocket, as their dastardly deeds shake Shoto to the core.
? Complete interesting, challenging, and fun side-quests to aide the people of Shoto.
? Use your favorite 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation Pokemon to new levels with altered move-sets for new challenges. (Not completed yet)
? Visit familiar locations that have been completely revamped, such as the Shoto Pokemon Mall, Pokemon Cemetery, and Hydro-electric Plant.
Plus much, much more to come?​

Screenshots:

Additional Information:
The following information isn't needed to follow the storyline just something to add a little depth, and also contains MAJOR SPOILERS such as a region map and Gym Leaders and their Teams. View at your own risk.
The Redwood Papers:
Spoiler:

Shoto Region Map
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders of Shoto
Spoiler:

Game Completion

Beta1.0
Beta 1.0 will cover first 3 gyms and first 3 rocket encounters
As well as rival intros and a "gift" pokemon event.
Overall:
|||||||||||||||||||| 50%
Mapping:
|||||||||||||||||||| 95% (Need to map gyms)
Scripting:
|||||||||||||||||||| 25%
Everything else:
|||||||||||||||||||| 65%​
(gotta set up trainers, and what pokemon are where)

Thanks to:
The makers of AdvanceMap, XSE, NSE, and A-Trainer
as well as Civet, who's scripting has given Shoto Saga it's first breaths.
Also to [T]ouko, who's scripting is bringing more life to my Hack
And most recently Romeo010 who has begun scripting on Shoto Saga's THIRD shot at life.

This hack is proudly brought to you by
PChackteam.PNG

In affiliation with Team Apokelypse​

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
From the looks of things you certainly know hot to script and map. Which is good. :)
Also, by looking at the world map then at the screens the tiles seem not right. :|
Maybe sometime you should look into changing tiles?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
tiles tiles lol well yea i agree with nintendodork XD the worls map is all 5/6 gen style and your tiles are 3 gen i meen maybe you should look into changing the tiles but with that errors may occur thats why i tend to start with tiles as then their arnt any errors as once you have mapped and then you change them errors occur :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
tiles tiles lol well yea i agree with nintendodork XD the worls map is all 5/6 gen style and your tiles are 3 gen i meen maybe you should look into changing the tiles but with that errors may occur thats why i tend to start with tiles as then their arnt any errors as once you have mapped and then you change them errors occur :)

It's nintendork15 not nintendodork -.- honestly. xD

And I didnt mean the world map was 5/6 gen style. By the looks of things it's his own custom style. I haven't seen it before. But the FR world map shares the same pallette as the big trees in game. Which is probally what I saw being off. :|

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I'm really atracted to that world map!:D
and seeing all those FR hacks im starting to fall in love with the original tiles:D
Good luck in this hack!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Story-wise this is very good. I love how you added the additional info at the bottome of the post. Things like that are never needed but always a nice touch. I hope to see who the starters are soon!

Cyndaquil312

Years
From the looks of things you certainly know hot to script and map. Which is good. :)
Also, by looking at the world map then at the screens the tiles seem not right. :|
Maybe sometime you should look into changing tiles?

The scripting is all thanks to PC member, civet. Personally I can't script my way out of a wet paper bag. lol I'm thinking of changing the tiles to a HG/SS style, but That won't be until later.

I agree, The map pallet and the tile pallet doesn't really match, but changes will be done once I get a release or two out.

I'm really atracted to that world map!:D
and seeing all those FR hacks im starting to fall in love with the original tiles:D
Good luck in this hack!

Thank you! that map took me a good 4 days to perfect, it's honestly my favorite feature right now. I've always loved the FR/LG tiles, but shading the trees can be such a pain... >.<

Story-wise this is very good. I love how you added the additional info at the bottome of the post. Things like that are never needed but always a nice touch. I hope to see who the starters are soon!

Thank you very much, The Story line has been in the making since the holidays, and I personally think a couple bits of information can really pull it together.

Also, The map is a custom design, although my color choices were inspired by a ROM base here a PC (although I forget who's it is, sorry!).

I'm hoping to have some more screen shots, reveal the starters, and also introduce people to some of the characters within the next week. My scripter is busy this week, so (hopefully) we'll have this ready for a release by mid-August. Wish us luck!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Oh, I just noticed your signature. Are those the starters? Good choices [as they're the same as in my hack]. I can't wait to see more progress.

Cyndaquil312

Years
Screenshots & Update!

Couple things here, first off, I've got a whole bunch of new screen-shots, located in the spoiler below

Spoiler:

Second, I was originally going to use Treeko, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil as my Starters, but after further thought, I've decided to change this. The next spoiler contains the 3 pokemon that will be the official Shoto Saga Starters.
Spoiler:

Lastly, I'd like to personally thank you guys so far for your feedback, I'm glad that my world map is liked, and I'm currently debating about an eventual tile change... HG/SS style perhaps?

Well, that's all for now, work is currently being done on scripting, and I'm teaching myself how to insert sprites, wish us luck, and here's to a speedy release of Beta1.0!

Update! I learned how to insert Trainers! Here's the first Gym Leader!
284194_214713218575126_100001093473145_643048_82936_n.jpg

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Those starter's are kind of unbalanced. When they're in their final forms Meganium will get a x4 STAB attack on Swampert while with Swampert on Charizard and Charizard on Meganium they only get a x2 STAB attack, gives a huge advantage to one particular starter :/.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
...Unless I'm missing something here, isn't that the case with Swampert in any starter trio?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Not quite because in R/S/E they gave Blaziken a Fighting Type secondary but, for the life of me, did nothing with Sceptile so this led to an unbalanced trio. If Sceptile was given the Poison type it'd be a lot more balanced because then Swampert's Ground type moves would be x2.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yeah, I know Blaziken's part Fighting type. Fighting gives him no additional weaknesses or resistances to Water, Ground, or Grass, though, so I don't really see your point here. He's still weak to each of Swampert's STAB types.

...Unless your point earlier was that Ground doesn't do anything to Charizard because he's Fire/Flying? Which also, for that matter, gives him the 2x-for-either-STAB-type to Meganium...

Not that that's all that relevant, because 2x is 2x no matter which way you slice it, but still...

[/tiredrambling]

I guess my point is that regardless of how you combine the starters, Swampert is always going to be quad-weak to grass, and we haven't had a fire type that quad-weak to water, so he's going to be unbalanced no matter what you do. There's no way to make a Fire/Something that's 4x to water without also being 2x to grass. It's not his specific assortment of starters that's messed up, it's Swampert, period. =/

And as a side note, Empoleon has a 2x weakness to Fighting and is neutral to fire and grass, and Torterra is neutral to water. So pick Infernape in Sinnoh because he smashes all the things. [/shamblesofftobed]

Last edited:

Cyndaquil312

Years

Wow Brock has become pretty hot :D
Anyways when we talk about Gym Leaders have you already decided on their types? =)

Lol. glad you like it All 8 gym leaders are based off of friends and Family (and my self) =D
I have chosen the gym types, They're under the last spoiler of the Main post, But here they are:
Spoiler:

Those starter's are kind of unbalanced. When they're in their final forms Meganium will get a x4 STAB attack on Swampert while with Swampert on Charizard and Charizard on Meganium they only get a x2 STAB attack, gives a huge advantage to one particular starter :/.

I've noticed that, but I'm going to alter movesets to help balance it out (nothing crazy). I've always found Chickorita hard to use, (especially with Totidile and Evolutions move bank) so I wanted to give an under appreciated starter a little bit of an edge.

...Unless I'm missing something here, isn't that the case with Swampert in any starter trio?

That it is... but Swampert is my favorite water type, so he had to be in there.

Back