• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Red... His Pikachu was nothing, OHKO'd by an Earthquake from Draco which reminded me of the last two times I beat Red, Earthquake OHKO'd Pikachu. Next came Espeon, a toughie in my Water challenge. It used Psychic, Santa used HP, it used Psychic again to kill Santa. Santa will not give gifts to Espeon on Christams now :D. Then came Draco, who killed Espeon with an Extremespeed. Next was Venusaur, it charged for a Solarbeam while Kenya used Drill Peck, which brought it into Red HP. It used Solarbeam, Kenya survived it, then went for the KO with another Drill Peck after Venusaur was charging in for another Solarbeam. Snorlax was unexpectedly nothing. I Swords Danced from Razor Claw, it Rested so nothing happened. I Swords Danced again, it used Snore this time, but still nothing happened. Fearing a Body Slam this time, I didn't Swords Dance and used a Slash, which was a crit, enough to KO Snorlax. Blastoise and Charizard were like Pikachu, and were 2HKO'd by Thunderpunch.
So, move me to Hoenn, but before that, add me as Flying to the list and add me to the champions coloumn in Water, Alakazam17 :D.

And, Final Team Tiem!
gbc022.gif

Kenya, the Fearow
Level 65, Male
Known Moves:
~ Toxic
~ Swift
~ Drill Peck
~ Mud Slap

gbc166.gif

iFail, the Ledian
Level 59, Male
Known Moves:
~ Thunderpunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Headbutt
~ Rollout

gbc123.gif

Razor Claw, the Scyther
Level 65, Male
Known Moves:
~ Wing Attack
~ Swords Dance
~ Slash
~ Hidden Power [Rock]

gbc225.gif

Santa, the Delibird
Level 65, Female
Known Moves:
~ Fly
~ Present
~ Blizzard
~ Hidden Power [Dark]

gbc149.gif

Draco, the Dragonair
Level 68, Male
Known Moves:
~ Extremespeed
~ Outrage
~ Thunderpunch
~ Earthquake

I'll use Crobat (moveset: Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain/Steel Wing/Shadow Ball), Altaria (moveset: Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Return/Aerial Ace) and Gyarados (moveset: Surf/Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/filler) in Ruby.

Last edited:

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
- beat Bleane ( OHKO'd everything with Surf and Dig, though his Pokemon were 5 levels above mine)

- beat Sabrina ( too easy and Alakazam was slower than my Nidoking:shocked:)

- now rampaging through Viridian gym

Team:

pkfrlg015.png

Drillix Level: 43

- Brick Break
- Twin Needle
- Fury Attack
- Poison Sting

pkfrlg031.png

Queen Dry Level: 45

- Bite
- Poison Sting
- Dig
- Superpower

pkfrlg034.png

King Bones Level: 45

- Poison Sting
- Dig
- Horn Attack
- Mega Horn

pkfrlg071.png

Sweepinbin Level: 44

- Vine Whip
- Acid
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
( I wonder if it ever learns a new move)

pkfrlg073.png

Jellywet Level: 45

- Surf
- Acid
- Wrap (LOSER MOVE)
- Barrier (quiet usefull)

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
Victreebel is a loser. But it has the highest sp attack in my team. I have too much unused TMs anyway.

Kerse

bleh
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
hmm this sounds like fun im gonna do fire monotype starting with fire red, should keep me busy til i can buy a ds and platinum

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Thinking of withdrawing from challenge...can't get a Starmie/Slowbro in FR, and Psychic on Poliwrath = god awful. Might settle for a golduck. really angry at gamefreak now.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
-I beat barry for a second time
- heading for Oreburgh

Team
Piplup Lv. 12

Bidoof Lv 4

Magikarp Lv. 5

Question

If someone picks ground can they still use tyranitar?

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
-I beat barry for a second time
- heading for Oreburgh

Team
Piplup Lv. 12

Bidoof Lv 4

Magikarp Lv. 5

Question

If someone picks ground can they still use tyranitar?

Is tyranitaur Ground type? No. So you can't.

As for the doability of Electric in RBY, just get Red (not yellow) and use Pika's Double team in the first gym. Avoid rock trainers, get Voltorb, avoid more rock trainers, get Jolteon, then bolt to get Surf (you're hardest fight.) and get Electabuzz and Magnaton (caught as a Magnaton, for greater levels). Electabuzz can Psychic, Jolteon can Double Kick, and the rest can avoid them.

After that, it's a breeze. Avoiding Rock trainers in Union cave is the hardest part of GS, if you play Crystal you won't even have to, you can wait till Elekid. RSE gets no electric types until you can access Slateport Beach, but you get 3 at that point, so it isn't THAT bad. And Platinum nets you an Intimidator early on (although you should still avoid Geodudes) who can evolve before Roark, and then you get Rotom, Super Fang Pachirisu, Magnazone, Elecivire... ect.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
Years
Bug Monotype

Log:

• Trained them up and challenged Brock.
  • Lost so I re-challenged. Walked away with a badge.
  • Went on with my journey.
  • Entered Mt. Moon.
  • Caught Paras.
  • Left Mt. Moon.
  • Destroyed Nugget Bridge.
  • Saved Bill and got the SS Anne ticket.
  • Saved.

Team:

Beedrill Lv. 20
-Poison Sting
-Fury Attack
-Twineedle
-Focus Energy

Butterfree Lv. 20
-Confusion
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Poison Powder

Paras Lv. 20
-Scratch
-Stun Spore
-Leech Life

Up next; Misty.

Fire Wolf

Years
Thinking of withdrawing from challenge...can't get a Starmie/Slowbro in FR, and Psychic on Poliwrath = god awful. Might settle for a golduck. really angry at gamefreak now.
I'd advice you to get Lapras and teach it Psychic. Or, if you don't want Psychic on Lapras and can't defeat Koga and Agatha without Psychic moves, I suggest you to restart, and this time on LeafGreen.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Ahh. Update time.

-Left Vermillion for Rock Tunnel.
-Caught a few Pokemon on the way for entries so I can get the Exp. Share later.
-Got through Rock Tunnel
-Calmed Marowak ghost
-Caught Snorlax
-Made way to Celadon and retrieved Eevee
-Bought 2 Fire Stones and evolved Eevee into Flareon. Named him Booster.
-Caught Growlithe
-Beat Celadon gym with Growlithe and Booster. Renamed Growlithe Windie.
-Made way to Saffron
-Got through Silph Co and got Master Ball
-Beat dojo and got Hitmonlee because it looks cooler
-Beat Sabrina

Onwards to Fuschia!

TEAM:

pkfrlg006.png

Rizardon (Lv.47)
-Slash
-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Wing Attack
pkfrlg136.png

Booster (Lv.41)
-Quick Attack
-Bite
-Flamethrower
-Sand Attack
pkfrlg058.png

Windie (Lv.38)
-Bite
-Flame Wheel
-Odor Sleuth
-Take Down

Now I just gotta find a Ponyta...-__-

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
As for the doability of Electric in RBY, just get Red (not yellow) and use Pika's Double team in the first gym. Avoid rock trainers, get Voltorb, avoid more rock trainers, get Jolteon, then bolt to get Surf (you're hardest fight.) and get Electabuzz and Magnaton (caught as a Magnaton, for greater levels). Electabuzz can Psychic, Jolteon can Double Kick, and the rest can avoid them.
Growl + Tail Whip worked fine for Brock though. :P And actually, I think Giovanni is the hardest fight. Although, I'm not sure, because I kind of lamed my way through.

Mimic'd Fissure + X-accuracy ftw. I could have done it without the X-accuracy but it would haven taken me a lot longer.

Anyway, I just defeated Chuck and I'm on my way to what's her name? The sixth Gym leader with the Steelix. That battle shouldn't be hard with my Fire Punching Ampharos and Surfing Lanturn.

My team atm:

"Sheepy", Ampharos lvl 30
~Thunderpunch
~Fire Punch
~Strength (didn't have a good HM slave. >_>)
~Thunder Wave

"Zapfish", Lanturn lvl 29
~Surf
~Confuse Ray (I didn't let Chinchou evolve until level 29 so it could learn CR earlier. <3)
~Spark
~Thunder Wave

So far, it's been pretty easy.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Decided to continue with challenge. In the long run the only benefit from starmie is that it can learn a crap ton of different move types. Still working on the never ending 11 story building known as sliph co. I decided I can used dig and/or surf on Koga. My Vaporeon can easily take down 4/5 on agatha except arbok but dig/EQ > arbok. so I shouldn't have a problem except maybe against bruno, but I have a bulky vaporeon and gyarados :P

PS: almost done with crystal.

Years
I'm not in 4th generation mood at the moment, but I need something to do, so might I play a second challenge at the same time? The type of my choice shall be Dragon this time.
It is quite possible that I will use Dratini in all generations, as my traded Pokemon in Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh (if it's allowed, otherwise I'll of course go with native dragons) and as a regular one in Johto (here Horsea will be my choice for the early stuff)

Fire Wolf

Years
I just started Ruby now, and now I'm in Rustboro City, to easily defeat Roxanne.
My team is a level 14 Mudkip, with Water Gun, Mud Slap, Tackle and Growl.

Years
I have now successfully caught a Dratini (pseudo-legendary eggs take eternally, and I won't have any advantages of this because it will disobey even faster) on an old Gold version savefile (the one from my normal challenge here) and traded it to a new Red version savefile, for my starter, Charmander, which I chose because it resembles my type the most. It is at level 10, female (well, it was before the trade) and has exactly the moves a regular level 10 Dratini in generation 1 would have.

Team:
Spr_1b_147.png

Wyrm I / Dratini Lv.10
- Wrap
- Leer
- Thunder Wave
- /

Standard Dratini nickname, what did you expect?

Years
Are you a nerd or what? Lol you've started your 4th UMC now :P
I really don't know what else to do with all that free time I have, so yes, you could call me a nerd.

- - -

I beat my rival now (easy, since Dratini still obeyed at level 10), and am now struggling to get through Viridian Forest, which is not really easy since the common Weedles like to use the time in which Dratini does nothing to poison it, and Kakuna gets massive defense.

Years
After a ton of tries, i finally beat the other guy in Brock's gym now, that damn Sandshrew kept on destroying me.
Dratini is level 16 now, and still has the same moveset.

Against Brock himself, my main problem is Wrap's PP, always when Dratini uses another move instead (that often happens to be the useless T-Wave), it still loses a Wrap PP. Spamming Leer/T-Wave instead and hope for Wrap also doesn't work, the chance is even lower, I get KOd while waiting for Wrap. Currently level 18, and I want to beat brock before level 20, because then Dratini will learn Agility which will make the Wrap chance even lower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back