• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Ok, lets get this over with

Lugiaman#1: That is an outragous claim, all the unknowns in shiny form without a single duplicate! thats just near impossible.. it is do-able but it would take hours upon hours, unless you can come up with a complete valid explination for catching them (in other words: without cheating) then i'm going to have to deny you entry to the club for the time being,

gold typhlosion: So you say you got shiny Jirachi from a glitch eh? im reminded of when a member known as Dartz tried to say he caught a Shiny Celebi because his game was "Glitched" and it turned out he was using an AR, please tell us how this glitch came about.. be honest now or i may have to concider your placement in the club.

AXZ: your in, your claims seem reasonable to me.

My god whats with everyone, you dont have to lie to impress us, just hunt for pete's sake...

Anywho, on with my progress. Breloom has been trained to lvl 100 after about 3 days now, and im now hatching Ponyta eggs, they should know Hypnosis, when i get a naughty natured one with decent IV's i will procede to EV train it and hope a shiny pops up, Happy Huntings.

Years
ok that is in my fire red heres what shiny pokemon i have in emerled

shiny paris
shiny pikachu
shiny cacnea
shiny waillord
shiny lugia

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Well... time for a report I guess...
In my spare time I've been searching alot. My new signature picture is/will be a Mega Man Select screen only redone with shinies.
Those would be Shiny Snorlax, Magikarp, Magnemite, Spinarak, Horsea, Mantine, Ekans and Cacnea, with my Shiny Ninetails occupying the middle block/hole thing.
You may notice I have 3 water Pokemon out of the 9 (8 really) slots. This is because that my main Water Pokemon, a Poliwrath, is my ONLY organized water Pokemon. I also have a Blastoise and Swampert, but those aren't exactly.. well... Up to par. Or something. I don't have that special bond with them. So I don't know what they're capable of.
Mantine would obviously (or not) be for much, much later. The only one I have is from Colosseum, and I'm using LG for the Snorlax. However... I will asess another option for this game later.
Horsea and Magikarp are for FR, which is over 260 hours played... And no shinies at all. After doing all this searching.. it feels like I should have 12 or so. *sigh* :(
Who's left? Oh, Spinarak and Ekans are taken care of in FR also. Spinarak is in Pattern Bush, and Ekans are being hatched. Spinarak is a least concern Pokemon... I like it for it, NOT Ariados. So if I find one, it WILL be EV trained, but it won't be evolved. People would and probably will be squishing my little spider... If it's on anybody's thoughts, I had an Ariados as one of my main team members on my first Gold go-around. I also had a Dunsparce! That was quite a different take on the teams. A Poison-Bug and Normal... I didn't even know Dunsparce was a Normal-type Pokemon until much later. I didn't have a guide, so I kinda thought it might evolve or something. That never happened. regardless, it hung around on my team. Lanturn is also one of my favorites on Gold. Ah, the good ol' days... I haven't had another one of those in a long time... uh... sorry... I kinda trailed off there.

Cacnea is on Sapphire. Hatchin' the eggs.

SHC Report:

FireRed:
Pokemon Looking For: Ekans, Spinarak, Horsea, Magikarp, Magnemite
Pokemon Top Priority: Horsea!

Fish fish fish. NOTHING. Horsea is more decieving than Magnemite! If you til the DS's screen down, it becomes darker-looking. It looks identical to Shiny Horsea, except without the red tint to the fins! If only I could do that to get one... Sickening. Depressing. Been doing this for so long...
I only have 1 Master Ball left on FR. Only ONE. That makes me feel a bit scared (what if I come across two??), but for both Magikarp and Horsea, I'm usiing my Aipom and Parasect strategy. Which requires the Master Ball... to be the last resort. Now if I could just find one..
If your curious, I went through alot of trading to get my second Master Ball onto Emerald.

LeafGreen:
Pokemon Looking For: Snorlax
Pokemon Top Priority: Snorlax (duh)

I SR'd 10 around 10 times today. Nothing. Like that dude said about his Shiny Scyther hunt... (for me) Snorlax is looking less and less cooler each time I SR.

Now, I was thinking about KO'ing one of the Snorlaxes to get through the rest of the game. Trading over stronger Pokemon, I could roast Erika, trade more Pokemon (I only have 3 badges) and take on Silph, and regain a Master Ball, and trade it to the appropriate game. This way, I could still SR the remaining Snorlax, but I could broaden my search to Mantine and so many others I can't with FR without hatching Eggs.

Sapphire:
Pokemon Looking For: Cacnea
Pokemon Top Priority: Cacnea

I hatch Eggs there. I tried looking for Corsola, but.. That's impossible, almost. My only good Pokemon is a Crobat that I use to FLY here and there when need be. Since I got other things to do, I've stopped playing this one, unless it's to trade or use items.

Ruby:
Pokemon Looking For: Unknown
Pokemon Top Priority: Anything!

I just started playing it. Never fear, Treecko SH'ers. I quit to progress further into the game for others. Also, I tried to get a low count Trainer ID. It was 21 something.

Emerald:
Pokemon Looking For: Magnemite, Anything
Pokemon Top Priority: Magnemite

This is kinda creepy. I beat Norman, and went to Mauville, got the key, and went into the Power Plant thing they have there.
I completed the task, but on my computer screen I had brought up Emerald Shiny sprites, mainly Magnemite. Well... I had Deja Vu of me finding a shiny (Magnemite had just appeared onscreen) and I had looked over to the screen to make sure if it was shiny. Well, in reality, the Magnemite that was on the game wasn't Shiny. But my Deja Vu like, said that I would find a Shiny through these methods.
I got out of the Plant, got my TM prze, and wen through alot of trading to get my 2nd Master Ball from FR onto Emerald. Something tells me I WILL be finding a Shiny on there. How soon, I don't know. But hey, MetalMario? My ID on there just happens to be 18040.
>_>
That's low, but let's hope it's not a bad omen, because my FR Trainer ID is 30970. At first I thought it was 39070 (omen), but I just checked to be sure, and it's 30970. Regardless, there's 2 zero's, and I kinda got afraid I might log in a 260 hour game into Emerald and have the same results as FR, but I don't think that'll happen, even though it's possible.

I would be happy with a small total of 3 shinies in all. That includes my Shiny Ninetails. Having a Shiny Seadra and Magneton to go along with it would be nice as well. I prefer Seadra to Kingdra, although Kingdra is a better choice, I'd choke myself everytime I had to look at the pink thing...
All three would fall to Earthquake. Ninetails is a non-no, and Magneton has a double weakness to the Ground attack. Seadra has more defense (Some of the Lv. 11 Horseas withstand the first hit of a Fury Swipes attack from my Lv. 48 Aipom. :| ), it doesn't always mean the move is coming from a Ground Pokemon.
That's why I have Cacnea/Cacturne on my list. Not only would it be a scary pair with Ghost (ninetails), I've always wanted a good Cacturne, because to me it's just plain cool and the Needle Arm thing and Dark moves... whooo!

Happy hunting everyone! I just hope I find something myself soon... :(
I said it before and I'll say it again:
I HAVE THE WORST SHINY LUCK EVER!!!!
-DDD

(I'm the one who's hunting for Cacnea.... Durn you! :P You'll get it before me, I know it!)

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I haven't gotten any Shiny Hunting in today...

But I'm planning on getting at least 100 in tonight!

I SHALL HAVE YOU SCYTHER!!!

ZOMG! Post # 8192! It's lucky!

<I>Korba<I>

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
King Kobra said:
I haven't gotten any Shiny Hunting in today...

But I'm planning on getting at least 100 in tonight!

I SHALL HAVE YOU SCYTHER!!!

ZOMG! Post # 8192! It's lucky!

<I>Korba<I>

And I'm just a post away. :P Kool! I played Emerald most of the evening. I want to get FLY, and in order to use it, I must beat Winona Judd. I'm in Fortree City now. Once I finish so much, it's back to New Mauvilla to SH for Magnemite! :D

Years
Ug. I'm going bonkers resetting for Treecko. I'm at ~6442 Treeckos seen ±117 with 90% confidence. I haven't seen anything, not even a Zigzagoon. (From here on out, you can expect confidence intervals for my hunting, since I did the calculations and have the formula in my calculator now. I'm using a Normal approximation, which is good for sufficiently lengthy trials.)

lugiaman#1: For having every Unown in shiny form, I find it extremely unlikely that you wouldn't have around a hundred Unown Zs and As, as well as a few dozen of the other common ones from other chambers. Large lists of shinies don't impress us. Don't think lying will earn you respect.

I'm pretty tired, so please excuse me if there's anything important I've missed.

axz

the artist
Years
!!! oh my god !!! outta no where a shiny shroomish pops outta no where i say !!! caught it at petalburg woods i was just passing by training my lvl 5 egg hatches and i was running around then i got into a random battle it said shroomish had appeard or sometin like that then before i attacked it i had looked up on the screen because i always check my battery power like every 5 minuites and i looked at the screen again and it was a shiny shroomish instead of taking a chance and wasteing a pokeball i used a greatball it had escaped i used a ultraball it was on its third bounce and it had escaped again i just used a normal weak poke ball and it caught it i was like yay shiny boo waste of great / ultra ball s i named it shroomy edit: yay post 8195 muhahaha

Years
And that's, what, how many shinies today?

I'd be a hypocrite to call you a liar, considering I found a Metapod and Spearow on the same day. Just remember that we don't judge people based on how many shinies they own, and we always offer our full respect for members who come clean about past lies.

~6528 Treeckos ±119, 90% confidence. That is, there's a 90% chance that the actual number is within ±119 of this.

Chesters_love

This sh!t is bananas,BANANAS!
Years
axz said:
aww your lucky if you had did it the collisiem way it wouldev taken you forever heh

of corse it would,i was just walkin down in artistran cave(smeargles cave)
then OMG!!!a shiny jirachi!!i then through a master ball at it and screamed.

ok meelee master-shiiny pokemon or watev dont double post.

Years
Still no new shinys, my luck sucks! lol, that clame about the FULL shiny unown team. Hum... that shounds like a lie. Unless (like eveyone else says) you get some facts and show us then it will remain a lie.
ok that is in my fire red heres what shiny pokemon i have in emerled
shiny paris
shiny pikachu
shiny cacnea
shiny waillord
shiny lugia

Ok then if you clame to have them in shinys form, give us the levels, natures and ability that EACH pokemon has. Because you have made some near impossiable clames, we need more profe now!

gold_typhlosion: I am not sure if you are a member, how about you PM one of the owners of the thread! Then you will get a reply quicker! But just for now, welcome!

Chesters_love

This sh!t is bananas,BANANAS!
Years
Yami_Zidane said:
Ok, lets get this over with

Lugiaman#1: That is an outragous claim, all the unknowns in shiny form without a single duplicate! thats just near impossible.. it is do-able but it would take hours upon hours, unless you can come up with a complete valid explination for catching them (in other words: without cheating) then i'm going to have to deny you entry to the club for the time being,

gold typhlosion: So you say you got shiny Jirachi from a glitch eh? im reminded of when a member known as Dartz tried to say he caught a Shiny Celebi because his game was "Glitched" and it turned out he was using an AR, please tell us how this glitch came about.. be honest now or i may have to concider your placement in the club.

AXZ: your in, your claims seem reasonable to me.

My god whats with everyone, you dont have to lie to impress us, just hunt for pete's sake...

Anywho, on with my progress. Breloom has been trained to lvl 100 after about 3 days now, and im now hatching Ponyta eggs, they should know Hypnosis, when i get a naughty natured one with decent IV's i will procede to EV train it and hope a shiny pops up, Happy Huntings.

sorry for double posting but im not liing. I have it in my emerald and ive explanded 3 times.i got my game stolen then i got it back and i think the person hade cheated on it.get it?

Years
gold typhlosion said:
sorry for double posting but im not liing. I have it in my emerald and ive explanded 3 times.i got my game stolen then i got it back and i think the person hade cheated on it.get it?

hum.. i think that counts, how long had you lost for game for? Like a week? Less or longer?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
gold typhlosion said:

ok meelee master-shiiny pokemon or watev dont double post.

1)I was post number 8192 at SPPF so...*in Stewie-like voice from Family Guy* VICTORY IS MINE!!!
*runs out of room*

2)G_T, I have never even heard of that, I am pretty sure that this is impossible. Sorry, but I really think you are lying. Now if it were the Celebi Glitch, then I would believe you becuz tons of people have claimed it has happened to them, and they gave very vivid details of how it happened.

3)The double post was an accident, my computer was going slow at the time. Oh, and next, try to spell my name correctly please? You can spell shiny correctly in context, but you can't spell it right when typing down my name?

4)Ugh, I feel asleep early last nite(tired from playing basketball all day), so I didn't get that many nighttime SRs in. However, I did quite a few in the morning, so I think I have between 100-150 SRs

Last edited:
Years
Update: Just raising up my Crawdaunt to Lv. 100, don't ask why i picked that! I think it is cool, i am also just surching for shinys at the same time. Lol still no luck though! Later

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
i took a break from hunting for shiny anorith, and im now focusing on shiny cacnea. I hunt for anorith at night, and hatch/search for cacnea during the day. here are the updates:

~3850 anoriths, 0 shinies

~25 Cacnea seen and 14 Cacnea hatched, 0 shiny

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
gold typhlosion said:

gold typhlosion said:

So first you caught it where Smeargles are found, then you say you lost your game them when you got it back you had this "Shiny Jirachi" i'm sorry but you have changed your story so i will give you one final chance to tell us the truth or i will have to deny you entry to the club.

Still hatching Ponyta eggs.. will keep you informed.

Back