• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Yukima

Mad Scientist
Years
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.
Oh man... I put that in as a test to get me to Ecruteak quickly for something with the CUTtable really tall grass.... and I left that in in the published version. Whoops! The new version has been uploaded; just redownload it and apply it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
wow just wow ur incorporating two maps into the game just wow that alot of work especially preventing it from mixing time events very nice work

Sierraffinity

Years

Yukima

Mad Scientist
Years
Just a few more things I noticed while playing through the beginning (I didn't get very far just yet!):

-My starter Pokemon's HP refilled after the first Rival battle (not that I mind, but... ^^; )
-The Pokemon catching Dude's BAG has glitchy colors (when playing as the girl)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Not sure if this bug was mentioned yet, but I've run into a problem in the first Rival battle. The dialog happens before it and everything's working perfect, cue battle music and... black screen. Only the Rival battle music is playing and nothing else is happening.

I'm using the latest version of Gameboid if it matters.

rpg man

My new account is Critx
Years
Love it! keep it up!

um...Bug or glitch or somthing...

i found a wild shiny mewtwo in the frist route of this game and it was lv.50 0.o( same thing happened on LC only it was a shiny mew )

why!?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Love it! keep it up!

i found a wild shiny mewtwo in the frist route of this game and it was lv.50 0.o( same thing happened on LC only it was a shiny mew )

why!?
And you didn't catch it? :P

I just asked him about this because it seemed weird to me. It's definitely not supposed to happen. I'll play it soon and grind for a while to see if I can reproduce it, but that may not happen this evening.

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Years
Oh yea baby. I'ma vote for you!
Thanks for the vote!
Just a few more things I noticed while playing through the beginning (I didn't get very far just yet!):

-My starter Pokemon's HP refilled after the first Rival battle (not that I mind, but... ^^; )
-The Pokemon catching Dude's BAG has glitchy colors (when playing as the girl)
I'll look into the second glitch, because, as explained below...

I believe that happens in the actual game.

I believe you are correct. It happens in the other games too (this is probably because there is no Pokémon Center), but it's not shown in every game.

Cyclone

Not sure if this bug was mentioned yet, but I've run into a problem in the first Rival battle. The dialog happens before it and everything's working perfect, cue battle music and... black screen. Only the Rival battle music is playing and nothing else is happening.

I'm using the latest version of Gameboid if it matters.
That's odd. I've never heard of that happening before, and I'm sure a lot of people here play on Gameboid.
where do i download this?

Link to the site is on the first page.
Thanks for answering his question!
Love it! keep it up!

why!?
...What. I... honestly have no idea what could be. Perhaps you have cheats left on or your emulator's screwy?
And you didn't catch it? :P

I just asked him about this because it seemed weird to me. It's definitely not supposed to happen. I'll play it soon and grind for a while to see if I can reproduce it, but that may not happen this evening.

Cyclone
Thanks for helping him look into this.

Christianzeo

Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Seems quite interesting, I'll have to download it, once my cat installs more rom ;)

Sierraffinity

Years
Seems quite interesting, I'll have to download it, once my cat installs more rom ;)
So your cat's the tech at your place? Interesting, my dog needs to over clock my CPU next week. :p
Hey, I dont know if this is what youre looking for, but Alistair's tree tile is skinnier that the default and I figured Id link you to it just in case it works for you.
http://pkmnhackersonline.com/tiles/
That looks nice, but it's not quite what I want. Thanks though.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I already played SG and LC since they're all related to G/S/C. So far, I heard that this game is amazing, so I'll play it. Here's my future team:
Meganium
Crobat
Aipom
Quagsire
Forretress
Magmar

Also, will the TMs be like the ones in Pokemon Crystal?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also, per the comment about a Lv.50 Mewtwo earlier, I grinded on Route 29 for a while and never came across it. Must be a glitch with a previous game that was running or something.

And yes, looking very much like Crystal right now. I'm currently loitering about outside of Violet City training while constantly having Nurse Joy talk about how I'm out late. LATE? ME? BAH!

;)

Cyclone

Back