• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

blue

gucci
Years
So far you have Grass, Flying, Water and Fire covered which is great! The final two I would recommend using a Psychic and Electric type simply because of the available and contrast to your current team, for Psychic I would choose Garvedoir, brilliant Special Attack and Kirlia learns Psychic at Level 26. For Electric go for Manectric, again pretty nice stats, great moves and equips high speed. This is just my recommendation of course but you can choose how you want it!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Stuck need help with team

I'm playing SoulSilver and im needing a good water pokemon with great sp atk quick. I just beat whitney and so far I got Hoothoot lvl 19, Quilava lvl 20, and Flaaffy lvl 19. What's a good water Pokemon to pick up cuz I'm tired of dying from fighting a bunch of rock, ground, and fire Pokemon. Should I get a Bellsprout too? I know im gonna need a water Pokemon to get to Cianwood City but there's barely any water Pokemon in this game. I know Vaporeon is good but don't got a water stone, Poliwrath is more physical attack based and so its its pre evolved forms, but Politoed is a great Sp Atk Pokemon. What should I do? I can't go on in the game without a water Pokemon.

Years
You probably passed up the best water Pokemon available to you. Turn back to slowpokes well and catch him as evolve him into slowbro. You won't regrett it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
Pokemon Heart Gold Team Creation

Ive played Heart Gold many times and it has gotten boring.
So i need a new team of pokemon that no one uses!
There can be no legendary's or derp pokemon!
I need it to be interesting
Doesnt have to have a starter on the team!
PLEASE HELP

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like doing NFE (not fully evolved) challenges when I get bored of a game, something to look into.

It's more fun for me in HGSS because all the little cutie basic Pokemon follow you around forever.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I'd appreciate it if someone could rate the team I have currently:

Darmanitan lv 48
Seismitoad lv 48
Eelektross lv 46
Archeops lv 46
Excadrill lv 50
Musharna lv 47

I just got my eighth badge and I'm headed for Victory Road.

Years

Darmanitan lv 48
Seismitoad lv 48
Eelektross lv 46
Archeops lv 46
Excadrill lv 50
Musharna lv 47

I should inform you that you have 3 team members weak to Water, so why not try replacing Musharna with a Grass-type?

I recommend Lilligant, which learns some nice special-based Grass attacks (which counters Water-type) and also Quiver Dance. Definitely go and get one if you can.

Try and go for one with Own Tempo so you can use Petal Dance effectively without confusing yourself.

Everyone else looks fine, and you should be ready to go.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years

Darmanitan lv 48
Seismitoad lv 48
Eelektross lv 46
Archeops lv 46
Excadrill lv 50
Musharna lv 47

I say that your pokemon are wayy too low of levels for Elite Four. I use Three at most to go against them and they all are at level 55 or better

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
The Elite four strongest pokemon is lvl 50 on each one.
Though as soon as you beat them you have to beat ghetsis and n and ghetsis strongest pokemon is lvl 54 hydreigon (Impossible)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I should inform you that you have 3 team members weak to Water, so why not try replacing Musharna with a Grass-type?
I think that's what Eelektross is there for.
That guy can withstand pretty much so switching won't kill it...
And since BW E4 has only one Water type (Shauntal's Jellicent), it won't be problem as Shauntal always starts with Confagrigus.

ghetsis strongest pokemon is lvl 54 hydreigon (Impossible)
Well Ghetis is a bad guy, so cheating doesn't concern him ;)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Ok I keep messing up in SoulSilver badly lol. I've beat it numerous times but I want the perfect team. What's the best Pokemon to choose with each starter and where's a good place to EV train in the beginning of the game? I don't really wanna breed Pokemon just to EV train them when I already got them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
Silver (Rival) Team

I currently finished yet another pokemon gold run and I am getting a little bored.
So, I decided, why not a character run? So, I am going to use a team that fits the generation 2 rival, Silver. So far, I have this team as a possibility:

Sneasel

Most people get a shuckle in cianwood city but has anyone noticed why they give it to you? The boy who trades it says a red haired kid stole his sneasel, and gives you a shuckle to keep safe. So, it is natural for Silver to own a sneasel.

Feraligatr

This is the part with a little controversy. People always argue which person gets which starter, but I am choosing feraligatr for many reasons. First, PokeSpe gives Silver a totodile and a feraligatr is a lot more intimidating than a typhlosion or aeganium.

The rest of the team is debatable:

Crobat
Nidoking
Magneton
¿??????????

Suggestions for the sixth slot and what should I change?

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012
Building my Team, input wanted (G/S/C)

Me and some 15 of my friends recently finished a tournament for Versions R/B/Y. My team and I dominated to say the least. However, the G/S/C environment is completely unique in comparison to Gen I and Gen III - V. I'm well aware that it's a more stall-oriented generation than the others, but other than that I am 100% open to criticism and guidance. The rules for the G/S/C tournament limit the type of Pokemon I can use, etc, and are as follows:
- No Legends of Any sort (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi).
- No two of the same Pokemon on the same team.
- No Skarmbliss; Only one or the other on a given team.

As of now, my team is basically open for anything. I have two Pokemon so far that are at level 100, but they could easily be changed. My current 100's are as followed:

Meganium @ Leftovers
- Synthesis
- Reflect
- Razor Leaf
- Body Slam

Reflect boosts up the team's defense, which comes in handy as you know. Synthesis is there to keep his HP up, while he uses Razor Leaf for his main attack (High Crit + STAB) or Body Slam if need be and/or for paralysis.

Ampharos @ Quick Claw
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Swift

Thunder Wave is there for the obvious reasons; Ampharos's lackluster speed, etc. Thunderbolt makes good use of his Electric STAB, while both Thunderbolt and Fire Punch take advantage of his +300 Special Attack. Swift is for.... Well I used it in the game, but need to replace it and am open for suggestions.

Others I am considering are Quagsire (Dat typing, man) and Shuckle (Defenses, unexpected?), but you can talk me out of it. Thoughts, suggestions?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Pokemon Emerald Water type member help.

Hello, I am doing a water monotype challenge on pokemon emerald. I cant figure out which members to chose. Can you please help me.

Confirmed Team Members:

Swampert
Pelliper
Ludicolo

Can you please give me the other members.

Years
You might want to include gyarados since they have some fairly good stats and a wide move pool (essential for a monotype challenge).

Milotic has an ok movepool, is durable and has a reasonable special attack. It is kind of hard to obtain though.

Starmie has an awesome special attack and a great move pool.

Sharpedo will make mosdeep far easier and is easy enough to come by as carvahna

Tentacruel can be nasty with poisoning and has a reasonable special attack also.

Those are your best options if you ask me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
Rate My Team! (Platinum)

I my team is (I can make changes based on suggestions)
Torterra
Salamence
Milotic
Houndoom / Magmortar
Magnezone / Some other electric pokemon
Gallade / Lucario

Is this a good team? Because I have some second thoughts on some pokemon and I hate having two of the same type pokemon on a team.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Yes, it's a solid team. I'd use Houndoom cos it's dark type as well and use Gallade cos he's Psychic type as well. Your gonna need to plan the moves each Pokemon is gonna have before getting them tho.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Fourth Generation Games isn't the right forum for team building, as this thread belongs in In-Game Team Help. So please post in there next time if your seeking any team building advice in the future. Thanks. With that, I'm going to move this on over!

Moved.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Tornadus or Xatu
On the one hand Tornadus stats are better and has less weaknesses.
On the other hand Xatu is Psychic so its more effective against more types and i dont have a psychic on my team, down side it gains 3 more weaknesses....
or any other suggestions

Back