• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Jonothon's X Nuzlocke

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
Jonothon's X Nuzlocke

Hi everyone! This is my first ever nuzlocke challenge that I will be openly logging. I hope you guys enjoy my writing, and I am open to all critiques on how to improve this for you all as readers! This is a pretty standard nuzlocke that will not deviate from the original rules too much at all.

Rules

• Only the first Pokemon of each route can be caught. If said Pokemon faints, then I don't get a Pokemon for that area.
  • All caught Pokemon must be nicknamed.
  • Aside from my starter, any other gift Pokemon are not allowed.
  • If a Pokemon faints, it is considered 'dead' and cannot be used for the rest of the run.
  • If I black/white out, then my run is over and considered failed.
  • Battle style is 'set'.
  • EXP share will be off.
Contents
oo; Rules & Intro
o1; A Fresh Start!

Last edited:

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
Chapter o1; A Fresh Start!

Sorry for making everyone wait a week! I have three uni assignments due by the end of the week, but I promise to try and update this once they are done!

I started my new game as a female called Elaine for this run. I plan on having her with blonde hair, and wearing all pink because she is a fun, cute character!

After a long cutscene we get to finally pick our first Pokemon! As a personal lover of grass types, I decided to go with Chespin!

650.png

Obtained Chester the Chespin!
Male | Level 5
Overgrow | Timid
Tackle
Growl
Vine Whip

However, before I can head home to show my mum and begin my journey, I am forced to stomp poor little Shauna's Froakie into the ground. With that out of the way, it is time to head off and start our journey! We proceed to route 2, where Calem gives us some of his Pokeballs. Now the real fun begins. Running through the grass, we come across our first Pokemon... a Bunnelby! It isn't hard to catch it at all. Although I would have preferred a different Pokemon, such as Fletchling, this will do for the early game.

659.png

Caught Bruno the Bunnelby!
Male | Level 3
Pickup | Naive
Tackle
Agility
Leer​

With Bruno and Chester by our side, we swiftly move into Santalune Forest. Luckily we have Shauna with us so we can level up our buddies a little for the first gym. As we enter the grass we have our encounter for Santalune Forest! A Panpour! Honestly, I'm not a fan of Panpour's design, however getting a water type this early on could prove to be useful. Thankfully Bruno lowers him enough for an easy capture. We then proceed to level ourselves up a little, with Shauna's endless supply of potions healing us after every battle.

515.png

Caught Priscilla the Panpour!
Female | Level 4
Gluttony | Jolly
Scratch
Play Nice
Leer​

Once I was finished abusing Shauna's potions, I finally moved on to the next area; route 3. I was hoping to get Pikachu, however we came across a Fletchling instead! I was not upset with this, as Fletchling will be very useful against Viola. With our newly levelled team, we had an easy capture. Welcome to the team, Flannery!

661.png

Caught Flannery the Fletchling!
Female | Level 5
Big Pecks | Quiet
Tackle
Growl​

Finally we had safely made it to Santalune City, home of the first gym leader Viola! I had to keep in mind that Viola's strongest Pokemon was level 12, so I had to make my Pokemon stick to the same limit. At the moment most members were roughly level 10, so I didn't have much wiggle room for levels. Before I took on Viola, I decided to move onto route 22 to catch our fifth member to help out against Viola! The ideal member would be a Litleo, however I actually encountered an Azurill. Azumarill is a cool Pokemon, but now I had two water types on my team. For now it won't hurt, but in the future I will need to choose between Priscilla and now Azura.

298.png

Caught Azura the Azurill!
Female | Level 7
Huge Power | Timid
Water Gun
Bubble
Water Sport
Tail Whip​

After a quick little training session for Azura, it was time to head into our first gym battle! Once we slowly took out her trainers one by one, we made it to her. She wasn't too intimidating by appearance, but I knew not to judge a book by it's cover. Her Surskit was sent out against my Fletchling, we easily dispatched of her bug with a lucky critical hit from Flannery's peck! In retaliation, Viola sent out her Vivillon. Honestly, I was disappointed. It spammed infestation against Flannery, while I spammed peck. Even with the infestation damage, I defeated her moth with ease, meaning I won my first gym battle! Flannery really proved her worth, and I am sure that she will continue to be a powerhouse. However, with many more battles to come, anything can happen!

That concludes Chapter o1. Let me know how you liked it!

Back