• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2014
Hey Diego great game! Appreciate the effort put into it. Anyways could you please tell me how to evolve my kadabra and scyther since there is no trade? Thanks :)

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Okay, so I followed the steps to use this hack and it did not work. When I patched the Emerald Game and tried to play it, the screen is just white.

I have used both patches, redownloaded the patch, used different emerald roms. I do not know what else do to, can anyone help me?

Try to set your save type(?) to flash 128k. Maybe that'll work. :)

No way. It was really easy. If you want i can explain how to do.

Really, huh? Just leave me a pm then if you may. ;)
Cause if you'll post it here, that would be a clear spamming. =)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Try to set your save type(?) to flash 128k. Maybe that'll work. :)

What do I set to flash 128? And how exactly do I do that?

Sorry for all the questions. >> I'm just so confused.

*Edit:
Nevermind, I figured out how. It's still not working.

Unoriginality

Pokemon is a lifestyle. Period
Years
So I just recently got back into Pokémon after a short break. And instead of jumping on the wagon for the more recent generations. I decided to stay in my comfort zone of the first generations. So, after tirelessly playing third gen games and the first gen remakes for the bazillionth time each, I decided I was looking for something to spice up my second gen experience. Besides, of course, using cheats to get cool second gen pokemon. And then HGSS popped into mind but then of course that involves a DS emulator and the games themselves were just kinda.....meh. But then I found this nifty hack. I've been reading this forum for the past three days and I have to say that I'm super psyched. This GSC hack sounds exactly like what I need, and I can plainly see that you're dedicated to making this the absolute best one. Even after all of this time. I'm all ready to play this and join the support of it.

EDIT: Got addicted just as I thought I would. This hack is amazing. Got up to Claire already and have two things to report.

--Firstly. I had a Slowpoke which I had given a Mystic Water. Then he evolved to Slowbro at level 37. Annnnd his Mystic Water was completely gone. Guess he got thirsty huh?

--Then I was poking around Route 43 and found an interesting set of tiles. If you go to the left, and keep left until you reach the pond where you can swim across and use cut to get a berry, you'll see that the southern edge of the pond where the water meets the rock, looks a tad strange.

That's all for now and I will definitely keep reporting since it seems you actually prefer to know. Again, amazing hack and I hope that mythical third beta takes the stage in the very near future. VERY nice job so far. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
I found a huge bug.
After you let record a battle of the battle tower to your frontier pass, every script field and level script will be reset!
Your 5000 variables may use the space of frontier pass video.
Now my save became useless and I will not start a new game.

And I don't like the new trees. The way you map the mountains I also don't like, please make a fewer rocks and not so curvy edges. I liked the mountain mapping in FR.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
Can someone help me with the Tradable Pokemons. Do all of them get to evolve at this hack ? I've been leveling my Onix and he is at level 55 now. I'd like to know if they get to evolve

Years
Ok here are all the pokemon that evolved via trade and how to evolve them in this hack

Kadabra evolves via lvl up
Graveler lvl up
Machoke lvl up
Onix at any lvl if it holds a metal coat while you lvl up (wild magnemites hold metal coat but its 5% chance get a pokemon with thief and go hunt for magnemites)
Slowpoke to slowking at any lvl if it holds kings rock (you can find 1 in slowpoke well from a npc or if you get a pokemon with pickup ability and its 11-30 lvl theres 1% chance to get a kings rock)
Poliwhirl to politoed at any lvl while holding kings rock (you can get 1 easy rock from the npc at the well other must be found via pickup if you want to get both politoed and slowking)
Seadra to Kingdra at any lvl while holding a dragon scale
Scyther to scizor any lvl while holding metal coat
Haunter to gengar with lvl up but you cant get a gastly or haunter yet

REMEMBER THAT ITEMS LIKE KINGS ROCK METAL COAT AND DRAGONS SCALE DISAPPEAR AFTER YOU EVOLVED YOUR POKEMON SO CHOOSE CAREFULLY WHICH POKEMON YOU WANT TO EVOLVE

I found a huge bug.
After you let record a battle of the battle tower to your frontier pass, every script field and level script will be reset!
Your 5000 variables may use the space of frontier pass video.
Now my save became useless and I will not start a new game.

And I don't like the new trees. The way you map the mountains I also don't like, please make a fewer rocks and not so curvy edges. I liked the mountain mapping in FR.

Dont see a problem with rocks and edges and i think trees were improved but the hacks author hasnt released an update yet with the new trees

@Unoriginality those tiles right?
2roorvb_th.png

As for the mystical water the bug must be related to items that make pokemon evolve

I got other bugs to report all with newest version while playing on gameboid

After beating lance after credits i teleport here
14llo5c_th.png

Wrong description lol
2ij9qp_th.png

Weird text on dragon fang
2mhihig.jpg

Enteis or raikous OW is turning to suicune in this scene (forgot which 1 of the dogs lol sorry)
nv7389_th.png

While using bicycle and going to ice tiles that slide there are reflections of players OW created on random non sliding tiles
2s0ie6t.jpg
30wb5m1.jpg
4hw5jb.jpg

No pokemon via surf here or im so unlucky
juif0k.jpg
eq2geb.jpg

If i remember right there was a npc in olivine city here in the pokemon center in older versions of the hack and in original crystal but he/she are gone now? or was it in cianwood?
xclwty.jpg

And some questions

1. Are we gonna get the same items from pickup as with emerald or you plan to change them?
Theres list of all items in you get in emerald in pickups page on wikipedia

2. Are there gonna be any npc that knows that i beaten the league or completed the pokedex or a special event after completing pokedex

3. Can we get a gold star card and is it same way as emerald? league pokedex contest frontier?

4. Are the held items on wild pokemon gonna change to what they held in crystal or be kept in emeralds way
A slowpoke had 8% to have a kings rock in crystal for example while in this hack i think it holds nothing

And i just saw this dialogue for the first time and it made me wanna play beta 3 lol
whzko3.jpg

Anyway i caught 102 pokemon caught and i plan to see how more i can get and i got to explore the 4 islands the dark cave and the route below blackthorn city and get all apricorn balls and held items from the siblings to complete the beta and i think i will play in the tower and get a big magikarp for the guy in lake of rage if i get any more bugs i will report here

Speaking of the magikarp guy how does the script works with how big magikarps are is it same as in crystal and do we get same reward

And is it possible to add a unown pokedex somehow i dont see how it would be inserted in the emeralds pokedex and were it would be located lol

Oh and does anything happen if you take a photo of a pokemon in cianwood?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
not to sound rude or anything but when i try accesing the eutikrete city pkmn center you cannot heal, or access the mart in the same place , and when i try battling claire or lance the game freezes is there a way to fix this in a future beta release?

Unoriginality

Years
@Unoriginality those tiles right?

As for the mystical water the bug must be related to items that make pokemon evolve

Yes, actually. Those tiles precisely. I'm sure that's an easy fix.

And yeah I figured as much about the Mystic Water. The item consumtption must not be limited to just a Kings Rock and/or just a Slowking instead of Slowbro.

Last edited:
Years
not to sound rude or anything but when i try accesing the eutikrete city pkmn center you cannot heal, or access the mart in the same place , and when i try battling claire or lance the game freezes is there a way to fix this in a future beta release?

Eutikrete city?
Idk which city is that lol but i didnt got any bug like that and i got no freezes at all and i did almost everything possible in the hack
Get better emulator, change rom, use latest beta, change save size to 128 and use a new save file im sure any of those will help

Anyway got 122 pokemon and seen 200 lets see how more i can get xD

And a new and i think the last bug for this beta
Got no blackglasses yet but he acts as if he gave them already
2vbkf2b.jpg

There is 1 more bug but its related to gameboid and i dont get it in my boy emulator and im not sure than anything can be done about it other than gameboids author updating his emu which i think wont be done lol
I will post screens later maybe you want to take a look its just a graphical bug

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Hi, can I firstly say this is an awesome hack, I loved these games and I am completely addicted to this remake.

I just have a question about the eeveelutions, can you get the stones to evolve them or is there another way to get Jolteon/vaporeon/flareon? And can you get umbreon and espeon through happiness lvling?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
I am using the visual boy advance for windows 7

I am using the visual boy advance for windows 7
What I mean is whei play it on the VBA the game freezes when battling either Claire or Lance and when I go into the city with Morty as gym leader's poke center it won't let me heal and going to the mart nothing appears and the screen goes black no actions are available

Last edited:

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Great stuff.

I believe I mentioned this before but wasn't clear enough, and this is more cosmetics but the entrance to the sprout tower and tin tower, along with the statues and moving beams shift a little bit too far to the left.

Example below (courtesy of ElitePokes as I am really lazy).

I think it would look better if the moving beams, entrance and statues were moved more to the right, making them centre and symmetrical with the rest of the map.

Examples:

Sprout_Tower_1F_GSC.png

Tin_Tower_1F_GSC.png

Couldn't find remake examples.

Years
@BeefOnMoon

No evolution stones except sun and moon so no vaporeon etc yet
But you can get espeon at day and umbreon at night if your eevee is happy when you evolve it (items like iron hp up etc make it happy fast if you want to evolve it at low lvl just a hint)

@Seiber
Sorry i play on android and dont get those bugs

2 more bugs that i didnt report earlier

Near the end of the credits while pokemon sprites appear the last one is this
a3ea6q.jpg

And i think pokemons hp aint restored after the first battle vs silver im sure it did in earlier betas and crystal

As for the gameboid graphical bug here are the 2 times when it happens

On the intro when ditto transforms to mikachu
ixfmfn.jpg

While a pokemon is poisoned if you walk this animation plays
1z4igap.jpg

Those 2 animations miss while i play on gameboid but i can see them on myboy emulator

And got a suggestion regarding evolutions, can you change the way how pokemon that evolved via trade evolve to its original way to make it feel more original since most emulators support link even on phones now
Or a key item named link cable or something (similar to red adventures hack) that can evolve haunter, graveler, kadabra, machoke without having the need to lvl up
And rest pokemon like onix to hold metal coat when you use the link cable key item
And make the player have the item in his pocket from the start or get it similar to gb player with 4 words in a mart and have mom call to remind the player to get it incase he didnt like with gb player
Or from TAELA in the second floor of a pokemon center the first time she explains how wireless system works
Well a place where and when you feel it fits best

Last edited:
Years
Caught 141 seen 206 and i got more to catch :D

Can anybody with a-map check if jynx and delibird can be seen on ice path i cant find them

And Diego are you gonna change Karens OW her hair is blonde while in her sprite she got gray blue white or whatever that color is xD

Last edited:

Unoriginality

Years
Caught 141 seen 206 and i got more to catch :D

Can anybody with a-map check if jynx and delibird can be seen on ice path i cant find them

Well I don't know if it's something with your ROM or your gameboid, but upon delving into the ice path I found several Jynx, without even seeking them out, in fact. It might even be specific to one room. I'll try and update this post when I can on which rooms I find them in. I know for a fact I found one in the room where you get the TM for Rest. As for Delibird, I know bulbapedia says he's on the ice path but I've not seen one. Either he's super rare or he's not in the ROM yet.

Edit: And then I went to bulbapedia. Jinx has a 5% show-up rate on B2F and B3F , (The rest TM is on B2F, the NeverMeltIce is on B3F). The rest of the cave is 1%. As for our friend Delibird, he's got a nice round 40% of showing up in Crystal anywhere on the path ----at night aha. Yet again an uncatchable night pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Lol a 1% thats why i dont see 1 i will go to B3F then ty
As for Delibird i think i caught 1 before but idk maybe it was on Crystal i really cant remember now lol
My rom is 100% the same as the rom this hack is using btw xD

I got another annoying problem i tried to trade a cyndaquil from a crystaldust to my crystaldust with my boy emulator but i get this when i enter in the trade room
2eehcvd.jpg

I emailed the devs of the emu a while ago they told me this hack doesnt support trading yet Diego here says that we can trade pokemon
I tested 2 emerald roms and trading works fine with my boy so maybe the emu got the bug...
Can anybody with vba try to trade using 2 crystaldust roms and post here if everything works fine that would help a lot

Last edited:
Years
First off, I want to say thank you for this Rom. It's working perfect on my tablet. I have one question, I tried looking for a Hoot Hoot but had no luck. (I prefer Hoot Hoot over Pidgey). Is it in the hack? If it's not in, will it ever be in the future?

Years
Yes hoothoot is only available on trees use headbutt i caught mine near the bug catching contest area you get pineco there too

I hunt for spinarak cant believe how i found 1 after so many tries in azalea and made it faint with a critical hit :(
Atleast i finally got a steelix after finding a magnemite holding 1 metal coat
Now need 1 more for scyther lololol

Back