• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew2three567

Reinvented.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
There is that one stupid "Flootenkerp" glitch (Silver/Gold). You have to go to the spot your rival was at in the begining of the game and press the a button three times. Then go to the first patch of grass and search for like thirty minutes, a pokemon that is a Mewtwo Pikachu mix will appear. I seriously doubt this actually works, though.

Also, I loaded a level 0 Missingno on to my pokemon stadium, and it registered as a level 100 ditto. Pretty weird... o_O;

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
This isn't the mew glitch directly, but I ran into a lv.7 MissingNO. failing to do the glitch correctly several times. Plus, i once had a Lv. 255.Mr.Mime. How you ask? Well, I caught a glitch Abra(over lv.100)on the coast of Cinnabar island. I then traded it to the kid in the house south of Pewter that want to trade his Mr.Mime for an Abra. Since the pokemon you get in a trade with a cpu. in R/B/Y are the same Lv. of the pokemon you give, the Mr.Mime I got's Lv. was above 100. Soooooo.... from there, i just rare candied it to Lv.255.(if it goes any higher, it'll go back to 0):P

Years
I've read on numerous websites that if you do the Mew Glitch and replace the Youngster with the lvl. 17 Slowpoke with another trainer (that walks up to you), you'll get other Pokemon. You can try this with different trainers and there is a possibility that you can get Pokemon that evolve by trade like Machamp and Gengar as well as the legendaries. Also, this is the only way you can get Missingno in Yellow version.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I've read on numerous websites that if you do the Mew Glitch and replace the Youngster with the lvl. 17 Slowpoke with another trainer (that walks up to you), you'll get other Pokemon. You can try this with different trainers and there is a possibility that you can get Pokemon that evolve by trade like Machamp and Gengar as well as the legendaries. Also, this is the only way you can get Missingno in Yellow version.

Correct. I found a Chansey, a Missingno, a Nidoqueen and a Golem, all at lv.7

cal.kriptic

Emulation Freak
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 5, 2008
The one were you talk to the old man that blocks your path at the begging of the game, then fly to cinnobar island surf up and down one side about 20 times the check your items and you have a boat load of rare candys.

Ivysaur

Years
The one were you talk to the old man that blocks your path at the begging of the game, then fly to cinnobar island surf up and down one side about 20 times the check your items and you have a boat load of rare candys.

Not exactly. Talking with the old man caused Missingno and 'M appear in the Cinnabar coast, and, if you encounter one, the sixth item in your bag (be a rare candy or the bicycle) will be multiplied x 128.

cal.kriptic

Emulation Freak
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 5, 2008
Not exactly. Talking with the old man caused Missingno and 'M appear in the Cinnabar coast, and, if you encounter one, the sixth item in your bag (be a rare candy or the bicycle) will be multiplied x 128.

Thats right:D its been so long since i played on the orginals. good days.

Years
If you have certain letters in your name, Missingno will appear as the ghost in Pokemon Tower, the Kabutops fossil in Pewter Museum, or the Aerodatyl fossil in Pewter Museum.

I believe the letters are W, X, and Y, but I'm not sure.

Ivysaur

Years
If you have certain letters in your name, Missingno will appear as the ghost in Pokemon Tower, the Kabutops fossil in Pewter Museum, or the Aerodatyl fossil in Pewter Museum.

I believe the letters are W, X, and Y, but I'm not sure.

x for the kabutops, y for the ghost and z for the aerodactyl (lowercased)

Years
OK, I have a really weird problem that has plagued all my 1st gen. Pokemon games since I first started playing them...

I stick a whole lot of Pogies in a box for an extended period of time and occaisionally one of them seems to "disappear." I didn't realease them or anything, they just disappear. I remember catching a Gastly and training it to a Haunter. Then I stuck it in one of my boxes and left it there. When I came back to train it a little more, it turns out it disappeared.

This often happens when I leave either a Beedrill or a Haunter in the PC for too long, however there was one time when all my Pokemon in Yellow were mysteriously released except for the Abra I was carrying. This problem seems to only affect my 1st gen. Pokemon games. All the later generations worked fine.

I'm not sure if anybody else has this strange problem with their Pokemon games though.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
Years
does anyone remember how to get the kabutops/aerodactyl* fossils in place of the missingno.? my mate did it once and i just cant remember it.

Years
^ Read a few posts up. It's X, Y, and Z.

If anybody around here knows about why my Pokemon keep abandoning me, please let me know. (Referring to my post above)

Years
Do you remember a fake Dark Lugia from Gold? Yeah, surely you do. But nobody said it's 100% fake... Some gameshark codes and poof! - almost you've got it. But I say - ALMOST.
Just all you need is to combine two gameshark codes: 00FCEDD0 (for PkMn 252) and 00F9EDD0 (for Lugia).
Also I've heard about Light Ho-Oh, an alternative for DL. Codes: 00FEEDD0 (PkMn 254) and 00FAEDD0 (Ho-Oh).
You have to turn them on and off during the battle and catching. Try it, effects are funny ^^

[EDIT]
Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CIYlgdoEWw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHJvl045NiE

Last edited:
Years
^ Sorry if this hurts your feelings in any way, but please use the edit button. I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

I don't think you can find the glitch trainers via the Missingno glitch without the use of a GS/AR, but that seems pretty interesting.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2007
^ Sorry if this hurts your feelings in any way, but please use the edit button. I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

I don't think you can find the glitch trainers via the Missingno glitch without the use of a GS/AR, but that seems pretty interesting.

No, you can but i said''It depends to your name''.You have to give a really strange name like this.

What you can not understand? i will try next time to explain it better...(if i can)!

However yes you can find glitch trainers without using GS/AR.It 's easy by doing the Missing number glitch and a strange name with numbers,words such as pkmn, symbols question mark male,female symbols.Try it!

Iced

Aspiration
Years
i love this thread but i got more than one glitch once i found a missingno. in Red and it actually had a cry it buzzed beeped then did a distorted zapdos cry than my game went bilastic (sp?) glitch blocks lined my screen as it played pokemon tower music and then the message box at the bottom kept saying "you caught VILEPLUME! Would you like to nickname it?" i said yes and my game reseted... I was bursting into laughter at the end.

CRYSTAL glitch:
I traded a Missingno. over to crystal i think it said it was abnormal but the trade went through and it was holding an item called ????? then my friend told me thats known as surfboard an item that lets u surf w/o pokemon. so i used it but it didnt surf i encounterd a level 0 ????? Crystals own little missingno. It knew tackle a blank move with the type dragon and a whole bunch of random letters. When i use it in battle it says come out [6th pokemon in my partys name] then it freezes. If aanyone else encounters one of these glitches plz tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back