• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NaNoWriMo: 2011!

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

• YES!

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • May try a smaller/different target (e.g. 25,000 words, 10,000 words)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Oh god, I almost forgot about this. Admittedly, I have 2 fanfics I could do. One of which technically has '2' chapters left, though those Chapters are split into 14, each of which could easily be over 5000 words. And the other one is planned to be definitely long enough to overreach 50,000 words, but I'm not as confident, and I've already written some of it. The problem with the other one is that I want to write that one on my own time.

So I have to make a new story. It's not original, it's technically a sequel to one Chapter of the first fanfic mentioned in this post. Let's hope this time, I don't get writer's block just as I reach about 20,000 words like I did the last two years.

Years
Yes, I'll be attempting NaNoWriMo this year. I have no idea how far I will get, but knowing me something will show up in real life to distract me and then I won't be able to get my motivation back XD

As for what I'm writing, I've got something in mind. Originally, I was going to write something completely new, but on second thought I'm going to continue working on a choose-your-own-adventure story I was in the process of writing called Apprentice. I've only written about six or seven pages - I'm not far into it at all - so I don't consider it cheating. The real advantage here is that because CYOA stories have multiple paths the word count will probably be easier to reach, as instead of having to come up with ideas and flesh out one storyline I can spread myself among multiple storylines.

SentryDown

The Sovereign Fist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Never heard of this 'til I saw this topic. Now I'm interested. I've had an idea for a book for sometime but never got around to actually writing. Now I feel like I should.

LETS DO THIS THING

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
I'm attempting to do it this year. I have started on a completely new story called /16th Day. I proudly finished the prologue beforehand, but it is officially started with chapter 1. I'm going to try to get to at least chapter 5 by the end of the week, but I'm not going to put a schedule before me. I tend to stress for no apparent reason when that happens.

So, how is progress going on the first day? Have you been sitting on an idea today? Have you started? Are you having a bad start? :P

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I've started but I'm torn between two stories. XD Both have a decent beginning for today but I'm concerned for it. XD

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
Well, day 1 was a bust for me, but I hope I can double up day 2 and get to ~3500 words.

I need to make up a writing playlist. Listening to Sirius radio isn't working. I can't write to Coldplay or John Mayer. I guess I'll have to live with Pandora.

192 words at the time of this post. 507 is where I'm stopping tonight. I need some sleep.

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I've managed up to 3802, at the present moment. Far behind where I want to be, but I'm quite pleased with what I've written. I'm going to attempt a big writing spurt this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to around eight thousand by Monday morning.

I've found that it's a rather refreshing way to write. Usually I'm very critical of what I write - I go back and edit things constantly. If I can't get something to "sound right" I get frustrated with what I'm writing and stop, then get reluctant to go back to it.

Bay

Years
So far I got around 3,100 words on my NaNo project. I was hoping I would get a bit more done, but so far I'm satisfied with what I wrote. Some parts I might have to revise, but that can be later. I plan to get quite more writing done today and the next few days after I get few things taken care of first.

Years
I really expected to have more free time for this. As it is I feel asleep working on it last night and have been using today to play catch up. I've gotten to 5000 words now, but I also gotta get today's share added to that or I'll be behind forever. D: At least I'm not angsting over the stuff I've already written.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
I'm about at 5000 now in my work. But I'm expecting a drastic drop in my work's progress (MW3 and Skyrim, why you come out on this month?). At any rate, it has been a good month for writing for the most part. NaNo actually has an official site that I only heard about yesterday. It sounds interesting.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'm currently at around 6,000 words and am rapidly losing focus and interest D:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I had no power for the past week. :D

After just getting power back last night and before having to go to bed because I work early on the weekends, I tried to catch up to the general NaNo word count. I got 4202 words typed, using the first chapters of two fics.

My plan is to get what I have written for all the fics I have for one particular fandom and see which one catches my interest enough to be poked at for an entire month.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I'm glad it's NaNoWriMo time because it gives me something to do with my life. (: I'm actually going to start bringing mine to school because I'm starting to fall behind, & I wanted to be at 25,000 by the 15th, which is next Tuesday. I'm at 9,000 some odd words, & today's goal is 11,000 some odd words. But November is a slack month, I have no school tomorrow, no school Friday, & Thanksgiving break, so I think I'll be fine. I don't have to be at rehearsal every day now, which makes me glad, so I'm spending my time at home typing my heart out.

I have a friend who organizes the get together at the library I volunteer at, and she insists that there's no way one could have a social life, go to school, AND get 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo. I intend to prove her wrong, one way or another. And even if I have 49,999 words, I will edit the hell out of my novel to get there.

Mmmkay, so I haven't really told anyone except a handful of friends at school what my novel is about, so yeah. I'm kinda basing it off of the Percy Jackson series (which I just finished checking the whole series out yesterday, & the kiddies will have to wait till I finish NaNoWriMo) in the sense that there's kids with special abilities/powers, but they get taken to a camp (which is unnamed at the moment) at an earlier age. And then there's the enemy, who is working to take over the world by any means necessary, which is basically, since it's a technologically advanced society set in the future, taking down all technology: power, internet, anything and everything relevant to technology. The enemy is based off of an RP that a friend & I are working on (rather slowly), and the characters are from different countries, and they are rather fluent in their country's language. (Thank you, Google Translate, for teaching me other languages beyond Spanish & the miniscule amount of Russian that I know.) So yeah, that's my story in a nutshell.

I was on par with word count goals the first three or four days, but by day 5... you see, what had happened was... theatre. And the SAT, which I dread the scores for. But I will finish.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I . . . I don't know where I stand with NaNo right now. Exams started last week so I've had limited time, and my motivation went downhill when I realised I really didn't want to write Icebane. But now I'm cheating a little bit and using it for Champion Game to a certain extent. I think in the last six days of the month when exams are over I will go back to either Icebane or Frequency and go at it hammer and tongs to make up the wordcount deficit, because losing NaNo is something that I just cannot abide. I won't have that black spot on my record, no sir. But yeah, I'm kind of in limbo right now.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I . . . I don't know where I stand with NaNo right now. Exams started last week so I've had limited time, and my motivation went downhill when I realised I really didn't want to write Icebane. But now I'm cheating a little bit and using it for Champion Game to a certain extent. I think in the last six days of the month when exams are over I will go back to either Icebane or Frequency and go at it hammer and tongs to make up the wordcount deficit, because losing NaNo is something that I just cannot abide. I won't have that black spot on my record, no sir. But yeah, I'm kind of in limbo right now.

Okay, I am so sorry, but I can't help but spaz out at your signature and your avatar. SUNNY, TAEYON, AND TIFFANY FTW. <3

(coughs)

I'm like 10,000 words where today's word count is supposed to be. I just fail.

Back