• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

please tell me I'm not the only one that used to have a neopets account back in the day

Years
I feel bad for my poor neopet ;___; poor thing must be starving by now

.... it's a shame I actually don't remember what kind I had. I think it was an Aisha or a Shoyru.

Last edited:
Years
my name was along the lines of neo1234567888 because I didn't understand the concepts of usernames apparently. I had a few neopets, paintbrushed too but they've been lost to time.

Years
just tried to recover my old account and like

Spoiler:

of course I wouldn't remember my old username .-.

Years
I still know my old account and feed them from time to time

I was SO PROUD i had a Lutari for a pet ok

Years
Just checked my account, and all of my pets are dying of hunger, but they're cheerful, so at least they've got that going for them.

I also love that I was looking through my friends over there, and my dad signed in just a couple of months ago. He used to do the December advent calendar on there with me and my sister every year, but I had no idea he was still doing it 15 years later, haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I remember spending hours upon hours playing on Neopets. I've had so many of them. I don't know about my very first one though.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
is this like, the ripoff of pokemon? im actually curious because i only heard of neopets today.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
neopets has been around for yeaaaaarrrssss man like probably before you were born lol

but nah it isn't quite like Pokemon

if its before 2001, than yeah, older than me. where do i start with neopets, im quite interested in trying it out now

Years
if its before 2001, than yeah, older than me. where do i start with neopets, im quite interested in trying it out now

yes it launched in 1999

I dunno personally I wouldn't recommend neopets how it is now (they got sold to a really sketchy company or something so), maybe it's just me but I found it a lot more fun years back. might be boring for you now but I mean go and knock yourself out.

edit: in fact dont even bother mostly because neopets just isnt what it used to be these days. but you're still free to check it out, I suppose.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It was something I played with my older siblings. I was never quite as into it, and eventually only played the games on it without caring about anything else.

I would love to know my account, but I have no idea what it is.

Edit:

I went back to play the games. All the ones I played as a kid are in "graveyard" and labelled as horrible, humorously.

There was that one I played all the time, I believe Faerie Caves. Except I can't find the level editor. :-(. It doesn't look as great as I remember it either.

Last edited:
Years
There was that one I played all the time, I believe Faerie Caves. Except I can't find the level editor. :-(. It doesn't look as great as I remember it either.

I feel like some of the pages are either broken or maybe just the layout isn't as great as I remember it, either. Neopia Central refuses to load, and I thought it was my browser just being funky, so I tried every other browser I had to no avail.

Some of the Neopia maps won't even load for me either. I don't know if it's still on my end or the site's end, but it really puts a huge damper on the experience.

I feel like a lot more care was taken in the website before it was sold off. Nowadays, it's just kind of a shell of what it used to be. ._.

Years
I feel like some of the pages are either broken or maybe just the layout isn't as great as I remember it, either. Neopia Central refuses to load, and I thought it was my browser just being funky, so I tried every other browser I had to no avail.

Some of the Neopia maps won't even load for me either. I don't know if it's still on my end or the site's end, but it really puts a huge damper on the experience.

I feel like a lot more care was taken in the website before it was sold off. Nowadays, it's just kind of a shell of what it used to be. ._.
It's not just you- I tried going through the map of Neopia last night, and every other map I went to wouldn't load and I'd have to close down my browser. I know the site's been sold off 2 or 3 times in the past couple of years, so I have to assume there isn't as much care going into it as their once was.

It's a shame, because while I don't think I would ever get back into it full time, it was still fun popping by every once and a while just to check how things were going.

Years
Remember when there used to be cool story events that gave out cool prizes for participating?

The last time that happened was long ago iirc :( neopets really is just a shell of what it used to be. They had so many missed opportunities, like what lutari island was and it was only for a really reallyold neopets mobile premium thing

Man

Its really sad

Years
lol whenever I try logging in I always get this error message which forces me to refresh or go back every time:

Spoiler:

it really is a shame....

Years
I used to have an account...or few, I think I made an account, didn't like the name after a while, then made another one.

Unfortunately, I didn't visit for years and years and it looks as though they were purged, because uh, yeah. Apparently neither of those account names exist now.

I'm actually tempted to make a new account and poke around, hmm...

Edit: They have an owlbear pet now?? Okay I know what I'm making for my first pet on this new account then, homg.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I actually got a new account like a year or so ago and got a Poogle. I haven't visited the account in years but Poogle was always my favorite Neopet so it was a dream come true to get one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I have heard about this site since the dawn of my time on the internet and never checked it out. Feels like I missed out on something really neat tbh!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Neopets... oh god. Yeah, I admit that I used to be part of that. I've tried to play more recently, but it's so boring now that you have to pay real money and shit to get anywhere. Not only that, but everything is so overpriced. D:

Back