Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old March 14th, 2018 (7:29 AM).

When it comes to writing, what do you aim to do with it? Are you doing it just for fun, or do you hope to attain a fanbase, or go professional one day? How big a part of your dreams is writing?
Old March 14th, 2018 (6:17 PM).
Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Right now, my writing is to help give me experience for doing some original works. I don't really see it becoming professional or me having a fanbase, but I do like writing things and it's fun to do put this stuff on a document and craft all this stuff.

A creative outlet I want to improve in, if you will.

“I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before. I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.” ~Hidetaka Miyazaki [creator of Bloodborne]
    Old March 15th, 2018 (9:30 PM).
    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
    For the most part I do this for fun and a way to get the million ideas in my head out. Like Vragon, it's a hobby I like to improved in. While having a published book would be neat, I don't have plans to do that anytime soon.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
    Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
    Old March 16th, 2018 (1:54 AM).
    Running towards Happiness!!!

Nature: Jolly
      I do write stories... but I can never give them a good ending! It's like I get a huge writer's block. And then I lose interest in it and start a new one. And so the cycle goes. Having at least one published novel under my name would be a dream come true though!

Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.
      Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.
      -Dumbledore
      Old November 2nd, 2018 (2:10 AM).
      Life, the Universe and Everything

Nature: Jolly
        I'm like an X-Files monster with an oddly specific diet - my true nutrition depends on the concoction and arrangement of words in accordance to an inner vision.

Basically, it's food to me. I need to write. There's a million and one stories in me that are bursting to get out, and I love the infinite variety of the art form. It doesn't hurt that it's the most entertaining thing since eating cheesecake and watching Stranger Things, but it goes deeper than fun.

Fun was the initial impetus, but I've come to understand the nature of the necessity. In between acting and music, I'm going to be an author - if only to give my imagination flesh and let some people feel good about reading it. I want to perfectly capture the different aspects of life, and that's a pretty great challenge. And the sheer thrill of writing the ideal sentence approaches euphoria.

Inexplicable fanciness aside, being a good writer is kinda for the sake of spiritual satisfaction. But I do sort of want people to be in agreement that I'm okay at it. When I'm okay at it, anyway.

Quick Reply