• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Just make every Pokemon have 31 IVs and 0 EVs?
That'll work fine, unless you have Hidden Power on your moveset. If so you have to show on which Pokemon it does SE damage so we have proof it's the right Hidden Power Type.

We can also take screenshots of the PO battle with PrtScr (Print Screen) so that's good.

If you are using an emulator with D/P/PT or HG/SS, you can use Pokesav to look up the IVs. There will have to be some trust there, though.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
If you are using an emulator with D/P/PT or HG/SS, you can use Pokesav to look up the IVs. There will have to be some trust there, though.
It would be kind of lame that you would have to download Pokesav just to do that, though. I'm also a trader, so I don't even want to go near that program. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't see the problem with PokéSav, as long as you DON'T hack, it should be fine. It's not as if using the program itself creates hacked Pokemon and randomly gives them to people. *shifty eyes*

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Support the wifi team frontier thing, but I don't think I would like to go through another playthrough of the Gen IV games... I've pretty much exhausted myself on those games...

Maybe we could do Gen V? But I don't know if you can still WiFi Team Battle the Subway.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Omg, finally I can move on to another challenge. I have a whole bunch that I've signed up for, but haven't gotten to yet. I hope to finish at least another one tonight, if possible.

I would like to direct your attention to my sig.

How many of us have Gen V? I'm going to get it, and probably do a challenge when I do, but I don't know which one I'm going to get, and what challenge I'm going to do. I'll let you pick my game and challenge out. I really don't know if I'd rather do a Monotype or Nuzlocke, or something else. Hmmmm.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I honestly don't see the point in doing a challenge for the first time around in a game. When I first play a Generation or in this case, get Black, I'll play through normally as I would. If I start again, or intend on getting White, I'll probably do a challenge, maybe a least favourites challenge.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I might do that. My girlfriend preordered one of them for my birthday, and knowing me I'll end up getting the other one too, so I might do a normal Playthrough on the first one and a challenge on the second one.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Yeah, good idea. :P
For the mean time, and to cure my boredom-itis, I'm giving up on my "domino" challenge and going with Nuzlocke, as it seems more challenging and enjoyable. :D

Enigma

Years
Well, Gen IV emulators can't trade, so that's the way I evolve trade pokemon and get eggs and stuff.
I know, but you can still just as easily use action replay/open two emulators at once. (Not sure on the two emulators at once thing, I know that you can do it on the GBA, haven't found out about DS.)
For whatever reason, I just refuse to download/use Pokesav at all. xP It seems like a little too much work just to do what AR codes can probably do.

Anyway...doing 12 type now. Shouldn't be too hard, my team is quite diverse. C:

Enigma

Years
Isn't that the point of the challenge?
I guess. I thought that challenge part of it was just to compose a team consisting of twelve different types, but I guess that helps with the diversity factor as well. xP

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That one sounds easy. I need to finish a couple of the challenges I'm on now so I can do it. I will not go above 10.

On the upside, HG Water Mono and Ruby Steel Mono are both going great! Also I'm taking in my laptop tomorrow to get it worked on, so I can start back on my Nuzlocke right after I finish this Ruby one!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I sort of get the point of the 12 types challenge, but I agree with myrrhman. The challenge itself gives lots of diversity and seems really easy. Although I will give props for the fact that one who partakes in the challenge can only have certain Pokemon on the team, which is where I think the real challenge is.

Years
The 12 type challenge is just an oppurtunity to give your team a load of type coverage, imo.
Monotypes are funner because of that 1 type that you absolutely fear.
I also failed the Rocket-Themed HG/SS challenge, because of crazy hax, courtesy of the Sprout Tower Elder's Hoothoot.

Enigma

Years
Part of the challenge for me is raising 6 pokemon at once without becoming underleveled. It gets quite difficult, but I think it's easier to train in Emerald than in Ruby or Sapphire.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It can't be that hard to train six Pokemon. Just be like Syd and grind till you can't grind no more. ;D Then grind some more.
I remember grinding my Pokemon in Pearl, how I had six Pokemon and refused to battle Volkner until they were all level 56, and wouldn't enter Victory Road until they were all level 60. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Not with that attitude you can't. :P
Wait, do you mean what I did, or what Syd does in his spare time, because if it was for me, it's actually quite easy. Just take a lucky egg or whatever, and keep rebattling the fishermen with all the Gyarados.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What the hell I come to this thread only to find you're talking about my night job how I train all day. lol That's why Nuzlockes don't work for me though, I have to grind levels all the time.

It can't be that hard to train six Pokemon. Just be like Syd and grind till you can't grind no more. ;D Then grind some more.
I remember grinding my Pokemon in Pearl, how I had six Pokemon and refused to battle Volkner until they were all level 56, and wouldn't enter Victory Road until they were all level 60. :/

ME TOO. I don't play DPPt much anymore, but I did the same thing. I accepted no less.

Also guys, SRing and hatching the Odd Egg over and over in Crystal is a pain in the ass. I want a shiny. I WILL hatch a shiny from that thing. So far I've hatched Elekid and THREE Igglybuff. I'm starting to wonder if the game has caught on to what I'm doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back