• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Looks like the Wii Fit Trainer is our WTF character in the same vain as Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B., and she gets bonus points for increasing the female ratio in the roster. I gotta re-write my roster soon.

Years
I'll probably be picking the 3DS version up assuming it's of the same standard as previous SSB games which I'm sure it will be.

Outside of the Pokemon characters, I'm hoping Sonic will make a return to the roster. Which seems quite likely with Lost World being a Nintendo exclusive game. I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Sonic as an alternate costume for Sonic as well.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
MEGA MAN !!!

I AM IN LOVE!

Probably won't buy it because it's not much of a single player game. However... I hope to see a New Megaman game in the future. Megaman has been shafted in the past few years with games being canceled and such...

A man can dream...

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
RE Wii Fit Trainer: Official footage of Nintendo characters put into comical situations? Brilliant. I need more of this. Make it happen, Nintendo. :D

Link literally made me laugh out loud.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Music wise already looks good. Dr Wily's theme. Heck yes. Also Spirit Tracks overworld tune for the 3DS version, excellent.

Animal crossing villager seems to be an interesting character, and I quite like how Megaman seems to be used. Wii Fit trainer is...well, quite unexpected. As he said, I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Wouldn't mind a move for her being whacking someone with the Wii Fit board. =p

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Haha, that's just hilarious. I'm glad Nintendo is thinking outside the box with its roster. I think it's a fine addition.

I just realised Villager can change to Balloon Fighter at some point. Nice!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a rumor going on that we're suppose to have six newcomers revealed throughout E3: http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

The first three are the already confirmed Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer, and the last three, who are yet to be confirmed, are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii. I'm kinda skeptical about this, because both the Villager and WFT have already covered moves that the Mii would've done.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Ohmygod. The Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. She scares me for some reason though.
Her final smash is so colorful but deadly.
I wonder what would be different from the 3DS and Wii U version aside from the graphics.
I'm planning to get a 3DS and I now have all the reasons in the world.
I kinda want a Kirby game right now @w@

Rest

Years
Ohmygod. The Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. She scares me for some reason though.
I wonder what would be different from the 3DS and Wii U version aside from the graphics.

The developers pointed out that unlike the Wii U version, the 3DS version has a graphical difference in that the characters will have a black outline around them.

EDIT: Ah, didn't read that properly! I thought you were asking about the difference in graphics specifically.

As for the other three possible newcomers, I'm wondering how my Mii would pan out.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
OMG what? Wii-Fit Trainer? That beyond hilarious. XD Her final smash looks powerful and colorful for a fitness trainer. I guess she's a novelty player. Like Game and Watch and R.O.B.

The thing I'm most excited about is Megaman. My dream came true I could say.

I'll most likely be getting it for 3DS since I'm getting one for X and Y in the first place. The graphics on the 3DS version look interesting.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
As far as we know, 3DS and Wii U have different stages exclusive to them. Wii U has Major Circuit ring, Dr. Wily, New Leaf Villae and Skyloft stages, whereas 3DS has FE: Awakening Arena, DKCR, Super Mario 3D Land, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs stages. Judging by the trailer, it looks the 3DS gets the gimmicky stages and the Wii U gets more basic ones. Thank god because Brawl was FILLED with stupid gimmicks.

Wii Fit Trainer looks great! Her inclusion gives me the impression that Karate Joe has a good chance to be in. If she can be in, who can't?

I suspected Bowser and Samus got redone. Particularly Bowser. In the trailer I noticed the new drop kick, and one of the screenshots has him running properly. Samus looks like she got redone animations and looks more agile to compliment the Other M design. Sakurai confirmed my suspicions. Also, the game looks faster and heavier than Brawl, more like Melee, but the Brawl air dodge is there. I hope that means Ganondorf and Wario get redone as well, because their movesets makes no sense for them. Particularly Wario. His playstyle does not fit with faster and heavier mechanics. He should get a Wario Land-esque moveset with Wario World and Warioware nods instead of something completely original. Poor DK got the shaft again, his moveset is still same which means he'll still suck, won't he? :/ Give him a Donkey Kong Country focused moveset, Sakurai!

Most importantly
vhqNE0M.jpg

4upO58F.png

Lil Mac as good as confirmed. That Boxing Ring is the major circuit one, no doubt about it. I'm happy!

EDIT: Lil Mac, Mii and Pac Man are pretty much confirmed. The question is, when will they be revealed? They're apparently next.

Last edited:

Rest

Years
With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze around the corner, what are the chances of Dixie Kong making it in? Are people predicting her?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze around the corner, what are the chances of Dixie Kong making it in? Are people predicting her?
I'm extremely happy to see her in Tropical Freeze (was the highlight for me until David Wise was announced as the composer), but I don't think it has any bearing in her inclusion. The roster has likely been finalized long before Tropical Freeze was announced after all.

I'm actually hard-pressed on whether I want her or K.Rool instead. On one hand, we get a much need female, but on the other we also get a much need villain. I'm fine with both, but I'd say I'd rather see Dixie more.

Rest

Years
I'm extremely happy to see her in Tropical Freeze (was the highlight for me until David Wise was announced as the composer), but I don't think it has any bearing in her inclusion. The roster has likely been finalized long before Tropical Freeze was announced after all.

I'm actually hard-pressed on whether I want her or K.Rool instead. On one hand, we get a much need female, but on the other we also get a much need villain. I'm fine with both, but I'd say I'd rather see Dixie more.

I'd rather see Donkey Kong getting four reps (the three Kongs and King K. Rool) over Star Fox (I don't think Star Fox warranted a third rep back in Brawl with Wolf, let alone a fourth rep with Krystal, a character some people are predicting).

I realize you're predicting everyone from Brawl to return. I'm curious, but why? Don't you think a few of them will be benched (I'm referring to Ike, Wolf and R.O.B. specifically)?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Brawl wasn't supposed to have any cut characters aside from Pichu because he was a straight on joke character, but Roy, Mewtwo and Doctor had to be cut for Sonic. I was just going by that because I know Sakurai knows cutting characters would cause negative reactions.

There is a good chance there will be cut characters, but also a good chance there won't be. I just went with what I wanted. And no, I don't think Ike, Wolf and R.O.B are gonna get cut because they're not clones and people love them. (well, except R.O.B, but most warmed up to him by now.)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yup, played all of the SSB games and loved them all! I still play SSBB with my two siblings and neither of us can wait for the new one!

As for characters, I'm hoping they put Mewtwo back in there and perhaps Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Him or maybe a female character from the Fire Emblem franchise, but God, not Lucina!

I'm not so sure they will be adding a new pokemon (besides Mewtwo) but am so rooting for Eevee! I can easily picture battling with one and for different colours (like Jigglypuff) it could be dressed in different accessories.

I think they should add another Donkey Kong Character since there are so little. With Legend of Zelda, they will probably change Link and Zelda to the Skyward Sword design, keep Toon Link the way he is and maybe change Ganondorf to look like the one from Wind Waker.

Rest

Years
Brawl wasn't supposed to have any cut characters aside from Pichu because he was a straight on joke character, but Roy, Mewtwo and Doctor had to be cut for Sonic.

Ah, I see. The more you learn.

I'm not so sure they will be adding a new pokemon (besides Mewtwo) but am so rooting for Eevee! I can easily picture battling with one and for different colours (like Jigglypuff) it could be dressed in different accessories.

Eevee changing to different types of Eeveelutions during its specials doesn't seem like such an out-there idea (even though, technically, that'd be impossible). I'd be down with that (plus, a Sylveon Smash to top it all off would be dope).

There was a discussion on NeoGAF about possible console-exclusive characters. I was against the whole idea at first, but a poster then talked about Sakurai possibly seperating clones into different consoles (for example, Toon Link in Wii U and Young Link in 3DS, or Ike in Wii U and Chrom in 3DS). Different characters, same movesets. That really piqued my interest somehow. What do you guys think about console-exclusive characters (and console exclusivity in general)? Yay or nay?

Last edited:

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I've bought and played every "Smash" game for hours on end. As much as I LOVE the series, I'm hesitant to buy a Wii-U just to play it. I know I'd do terrible on a 3DS (I NEED a controller to play that game, all there is to it) so I won't bother with that version..

Favorite Fighters: Pit (no, I'm not a bow spammer!), Link, Capn' Falcon Punch, DeDeDe, Zelda (Princess forme) and Marth (Ike was fun too, but easy mode).

Truth be told though, I purchased the Gamecube AND Wii SPECIFICALLY to play Smash games (I bought the N64 for Ocarina of Time though xD), so it's still a possibility I'll be hyped into it. >_<

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Man, if I didn't have a Wii U already I'd have bought one just for this game and especially Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Mario 3D World looks good too I guess but I doubt it'd top NSMBU.

As for characters, I'm hoping they put Mewtwo back in there and perhaps Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Him or maybe a female character from the Fire Emblem franchise, but God, not Lucina!
I'm with you, Lucina is awful. What baffles me though, is people rooting for her to replace Marth.
I'm curious though, what female Fire Emblem character you want? (I hope to god it's not Tharjah)
There was a discussion on NeoGAF about possible console-exclusive characters. I was against the whole idea at first, but a poster then talked about Sakurai possibly seperating clones into different consoles (for example, Toon Link in Wii U and Young Link in 3DS, or Ike in Wii U and Chrom in 3DS). Different characters, same movesets. That really piqued my interest somehow. What do you guys think about console-exclusive characters (and console exclusivity in general)? Yay or nay?
To be honest, I doubt there would be system-exclusive characters.

Anyway I don't really see the point of that but I wouldn't mind. Personally though, if we can transfer characters (like a two way Pokemon Stadium) I'd have no problem with system exclusives. It means we get to get character like Dillon who otherwise has no chance.

Marth (Ike was fun too, but easy mode).
How is Ike easy mode, but not Marth? :P It's the opposite. It's so god damn hard to win with Ike because he's terrible.

Back