• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Island Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Island Challenge
Introduction
Form teams, brainstorm, and then create an Island Trial. Even if you have no game development or ROM hacking experience, in this contest you can join others to design and implement your own Island Trial. After submissions, the community votes for the best one!

Island Trial
For those of unfamiliar with island trials, they're what has replaced Gyms in Generation 7's Sun/Moon. They are led by Trial Captains (replacing Gym Leaders), which you don't battle, but instead give you tasks to complete. These tasks can vary from looking around for ingredients to hunting Pok?mon and battling them. Each trial is of a specific type and ends with a Totem Battle with a Pok?mon of that type.

Forming Teams
Post here if you are interested in forming a team with other members, mentioning your skills (ideas, mapping, scripting, graphics). Alternatively, quote other members' posts or message them directly and ask to form a team.

Submissions
Submissions can be posted in the form of a video, an executable (for games) or a patch (for ROM hacks). Deadline is the 14th of July and the first two weeks are expected to be used for team forming.

Good luck!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
I'm confused. Do we just have to create an idea for one, or do we have to put it into a ROM hack? And if so, can we use any base ROM?

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
I can give ideas and have basic knowledge of scripting. I can help anyone but I am not doing this hardcore and would like to do this for the fun of it. good luck to others .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back