• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinze

~ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
I like the graphics, and the plot, but the game system is strange, if you change it a little, i bet it will be better ^^
well...

I think that Peeky chew guesses are right =/

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Good looking game! Certainly liking the production value.

Well I'd have to disagree. Even though it does do all of the above, I think that if you have the experience to script it all yourself it's much more worth while to do that. Apart from fully making it your own, your game will also be a lot more popular for not using the kit like nearly every other.

One thing I would say, though, is that if you have serious plans to finish this game, then I disagree with Peeky Chew in thinking you really should consider switching to the Starter Kit. At first it might not seem too hard scripting most of the systems yourself, but just wait until you start dabbling into enemy AI, movesets, stats... I just think there's absolutely no point reinventing the wheel here. Poccil's SK isn't perfect - despite is extreme complexity, it's pretty bare bones to start off with - but it easy to customize and will save you hundreds of hours of work.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I agree with peeky chew, Im remember the good old days, where no starter kits were used.
everyone just made their own custom battle systems and stuff.
Finding out creative ways of making your own systems is half the fun.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
And now, its time for a....

PLOT UDATE!

Yes, periodically, as the release date grows closer, we'll slip bits and pieces of the plot. So, here is your update on Team Solar, in particular, its head:

General Julian Ronald Dag0n
No, its not a slur, its an inside joke, and Dag0n is a last name, sheesh.

Not much is known about Julian. He was born in Whimbrel Town, and at the age of 18, received a pokemon from Professor Palm. Julian was always known to be an avid pokemon hunter and collector. He gained world renown when he climbed to the peak of Mt. Sanguit in an attempt to capture the legendary pokemon Rayquazza, who was said t live at the peak. Although Julian failed, he entered the public imagination as a brilliant trainer. Soon after Julian's attempt, Rayquazza disappeared. Some speculated that the encounter with Julian scared him off, but the majority claimed Julian's attempt was simply a coincidence, and Rayquazza had fled because it could no longer stand the gasses polluting the ozone. No matter what the reason, Rayquazza was gone and could not be found.

Rayquazza's disappearance apparently struck Julian hard. The day the news hit the press, Julian enrolled in the Pokemon League challenge, eventually making it all the way to Champion. He soon used his new found influence to become the guest speaker at many events, and began preaching his favorite topic: global warming. He preached that the end of the world was inevitable, and that the only thing that would save the world was to build a human colony on the moon. Many found him delusional, and he began to lose favor, eventually being kicked out the spotlight entirely when he lost his position as League Champion. Julian then retired to obscurity. He bought an apartment in Raven City, and occasionally still gives lectures on the necessity of a moon colony, if anyone is willing to listen.

What the Average Citizen Doesn't Know:
After losing his Championship, Julian founded Team Solar. For all outward appearances, the group appears to be attacking the environment as a way to hasten the world's destruction. The group claims that since humanity has shown itself to be so unfit rulers of the world, it is best to speed up climate change and destroy everyone. But such a shallow reason is not really what Julian intends. No, he hopes that by speeding up global warming, everyone will realize that Julian was right about a moon colony. He hopes to be vindicated, and become a savior of humanity.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Well, in any case, here's the moment you've all been waiting for....

KITTORCH!
Kittorch_Sugimori_Art_by_Helio_Version.png

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
And now, its time for a....

PLOT UDATE!

Yes, periodically, as the release date grows closer, we'll slip bits and pieces of the plot. So, here is your update on Team Solar, in particular, its head:

General Julian Ronald Dag0n
No, its not a slur, its an inside joke, and Dag0n is a last name, sheesh.

Not much is known about Julian. He was born in Whimbrel Town, and at the age of 18, received a pokemon from Professor Palm. Julian was always known to be an avid pokemon hunter and collector. He gained world renown when he climbed to the peak of Mt. Sanguit in an attempt to capture the legendary pokemon Rayquazza, who was said t live at the peak. Although Julian failed, he entered the public imagination as a brilliant trainer. Soon after Julian's attempt, Rayquazza disappeared. Some speculated that the encounter with Julian scared him off, but the majority claimed Julian's attempt was simply a coincidence, and Rayquazza had fled because it could no longer stand the gasses polluting the ozone. No matter what the reason, Rayquazza was gone and could not be found.

Rayquazza's disappearance apparently struck Julian hard. The day the news hit the press, Julian enrolled in the Pokemon League challenge, eventually making it all the way to Champion. He soon used his new found influence to become the guest speaker at many events, and began preaching his favorite topic: global warming. He preached that the end of the world was inevitable, and that the only thing that would save the world was to build a human colony on the moon. Many found him delusional, and he began to lose favor, eventually being kicked out the spotlight entirely when he lost his position as League Champion. Julian then retired to obscurity. He bought an apartment in Raven City, and occasionally still gives lectures on the necessity of a moon colony, if anyone is willing to listen.

What the Average Citizen Doesn't Know:
After losing his Championship, Julian founded Team Solar. For all outward appearances, the group appears to be attacking the environment as a way to hasten the world's destruction. The group claims that since humanity has shown itself to be so unfit rulers of the world, it is best to speed up climate change and destroy everyone. But such a shallow reason is not really what Julian intends. No, he hopes that by speeding up global warming, everyone will realize that Julian was right about a moon colony. He hopes to be vindicated, and become a savior of humanity.

Nice! Sound like there may be a trip to the moon at some point... :cer_boogie:

Well, in any case, here's the moment you've all been waiting for....

KITTORCH!
Kittorch_Sugimori_Art_by_Helio_Version.png

Looks good! Trying to decide between starting with it, or Pireel. Keep it up!

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
not bad.....not bad at all...the only real game ive played here was raptor...this seems twice as good...watch out for my game!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
These game's graphics look good!

Glad to see that there is fakemon in this project.

I wish you good luck with the project ^_^

Starrcasm

Years
YAY! More posts! I love posts....

Anyway, I think its time we present our region mascot, Ottum:

ottwip3.png

I love this creature. :D Normal Typed.

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
it looks too happy... :cheeky:
game looks cool:cheeky:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Kittorch and Ottom are really good!
Chamelica I like too, but just not as much. It has potential though.
So those are the three I got right I guess, I wonder what the other two types are?

Starrcasm

Years
Alright, here comes the first of the ones which you were wrong about:

This was the first of the sugis that I actually finished, so it should end up being the least in quality. :P

This one had a name, but it wasn't good. So we dropped it.

PEEKY's guess: Water
Actual type: Bug

buggyg.png

Will evolve to be Bug/Fighting, i believe. :P

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
They all look great so far, especially Kitorch and the catepillar/centipede one. I just hate having to wait between sketches (so impatent :cer_pissed:). Does the normal leader have an Ottum? Or does he perhaps have an Ottum evo as his signature pokemon I wonder? BTW, its a retorical question as I'd much rather wait and find out when I'm beta testing :cer_wink:!

~The Cynic~

Starrcasm

Years
Alright, well, I'm going to now reveal the final sugi art; this one was done not by me, but by Aquakip, our art director, [as well as this thread's creator :P]. So I thought I'd give him credit where due. :D

Here it is, Barcush. Its a Water Type, not Flying. :D
barcush.png

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 25, 2010
I love the originality and graphics(especially the region map). Keep up the good work!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
That's one weird bug type, I was sure it was some sort of totodile esque water 'mon. I like Barcush, it still looks a little like a bird though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back