• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
Years
In pokemon fire red can u catach anuthing other then magicarp with the old rod

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
How do I catch a Staryu in Leaf Green? What rod do I use? Where can i find it? Help would be appreciated. :)

Also, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but My Pokemon Emerald game doesn't work...After the Normal "Gameboy Nintendo" screen comes up, the whole screen turns white. I am NOT using an Emulator or any other hacking device. What is going on?

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 17, 2011
Hello!
I completely missed the whole Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald generation and I'm scouring Ebay for old GBA games to play on my DS. I'm leaning towards Ruby but which would you guys recommend?
I bought LeafGreen a few months back and that was a nice trip down memory lane :3

EDIT: Just purchased Ruby on Ebay XD

Last edited:

The Red Chain

How do I catch a Staryu in Leaf Green? What rod do I use? Where can i find it? Help would be appreciated. :)
In Leaf Green, they are found on Route 25, Cinnabar Island, Lavender Town, One Island, Pallet Town, Icefall Cave, and the SS Anne.

The rod you have to use is Super Rod. :3

Can you trade eggs to FR/LG Before getting the National dex?

I honestly don't know the true answer as I've never done it, but in DPPt you can trade any eggs and Pokemon to them without the National Dex.
So one can only assume it's possible in FRLG too.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
How do I know what pokemon can breed together, How do I know they're the same type. Please PM me the answer if possible.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Or you can check back in the thread. You asked it here, so it's not that difficult to look back. Anyway, you can check this Pokedex for Egg Groups. Any Pokedex entry you see there should have the Egg Group on there somewhere anyway. If a male and female Pokemon have the same Egg Group, then just put them in the Daycare Center and leave town for a bit, come back, and they might have an egg waiting for you.

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Free EV points?

I just leveled up a metang after using him in the battle tent and got +4 attack. Please correct me if wrong, but does this show the gaining of EV's? I have not gotten +4 attack before.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I just leveled up a metang after using him in the battle tent and got +4 attack. Please correct me if wrong, but does this show the gaining of EV's? I have not gotten +4 attack before.

1. Metang's Attack can increase by 4, you do not notice the EVs... usually. This IS normal.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
I'm bored, and I want to play pokemon, but I have beaten red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, crystal, firered, leafgreen, ruby, sapphire and emerald more than 1 time each. I made myself some challenges and beat them as well.

I need something new. What should I do ?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
If you want a challenge, and a new one, you can beat this challenge. It's pretty tough. If you want to do this challenge in R/B/Y/G/S/C, D/P/Pt or HG/SS, you can find the Nuzlocke threads in their respective forums

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
I have heard of the Nuzlocke challenge, but I'm not very comfortable with it, or I'm kinda scared, I don't know.

Is there any way to play D/P/Pt or HG/SS on pc? I'm very used to Visual Boy Advance, and no$gba for D/P is very slow, need that "throttle" button.

If its not possible to play those games in an emulator without a throttle button, ignore those sentences.

I can give the Nuzlocke challenge a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back