Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #976    
Old January 14th, 2013 (1:24 PM).
jessemkv's Avatar
jessemkv jessemkv is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 21
    I have Black 2

    I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

    I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

    I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

    I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

    I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #977    
    Old January 14th, 2013 (1:27 PM).
    PlatinumDude's Avatar
    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
    Nyeh?
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Canada
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 12,919
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
    I have Black 2

    I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

    I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

    I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

    I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

    I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.
    The Power Bracer simply guarantees that the holder's Attack IV will be passed down.
    __________________

      #978    
    Old January 14th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
    jessemkv's Avatar
    jessemkv jessemkv is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 21
      So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?
      __________________
      Pokemon X: 4012-3301-9793
      FS type: Ghost type
      Pokemon: Lampent, Phantump, Drifblim

        #979    
      Old January 14th, 2013 (1:35 PM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
      So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?
      Yes, if the Dratini that holds the Bracer does not have 31 IVs in Attack, then the offspring cannot have 31 IVs in attack.
      __________________
        #980    
      Old January 14th, 2013 (1:36 PM).
      PlatinumDude's Avatar
      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
      Nyeh?
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Canada
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 12,919
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
      So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?
      Pretty much. By the way, a 30 Attack IV isn't that bad.
      __________________

        #981    
      Old January 14th, 2013 (1:53 PM).
      jessemkv's Avatar
      jessemkv jessemkv is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 21
        Ok, thanks, that really helped because my dratini had been holding the power bracer this whole time and I was wondering why it wasn't working. -.- lol
        __________________
        Pokemon X: 4012-3301-9793
        FS type: Ghost type
        Pokemon: Lampent, Phantump, Drifblim

          #982    
        Old January 15th, 2013 (4:38 AM).
        JayTheKing's Avatar
        JayTheKing JayTheKing is offline
        ~~King Of Valla~~
           
          Join Date: Jan 2012
          Location: Valla aka Kitsune Kingdom
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 951
          How do you get them?I already did memory link with a completed pokemon black but i didnt get any memory about n's pokemon.When i got into chargestone cave nothing happened.
          __________________


          3DS:4871 4138 8216
          Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
            #983    
          Old January 15th, 2013 (4:43 AM).
          Hikamaru's Avatar
          Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
          keeping spirits bright
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 49,771
          N's Pokemon can be found among the wild Pokemon in the area.

          They are indicated by a green sparkle animation when you encounter them.

          If you haven't seen any yet, you're just unlucky. Be patient and you'll find them eventually.
          __________________
          pair | tumblr | discord | poketrivia | us/um | supporter | friendcode
            #984    
          Old January 15th, 2013 (8:04 AM).
          Sydian's Avatar
          Sydian Sydian is offline
          i'm not jesus
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Location: Alabama
          Age: 25
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 32,179
          For memory link, does Black 2 have to sync with White or does it have to be Black? I'm fairly sure it can be either, but I want to make sure. Also, where is the option for memory link? Thanks in advance.
          __________________

          ≫ i will not forgive ≪
          challenges | klippy
            #985    
          Old January 15th, 2013 (8:14 AM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,919
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
          For memory link, does Black 2 have to sync with White or does it have to be Black? I'm fairly sure it can be either, but I want to make sure. Also, where is the option for memory link? Thanks in advance.
          Memory Link can be done with either Black or White. I'm pretty sure that the Memory Link option is at the start-up screen.
          __________________

            #986    
          Old January 15th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
          Moist's Avatar
          Moist Moist is offline
          other in a month When you,
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Australia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 211
            Ok I have just beaten Drayden and done the Team plasma thing in Opelucid City (Where it freezes over) and beat Zinzolin. However, my team is horribly underleveled.

            Lv 42 Lucario
            Lv 41 Ampharos
            Lv 41 Jellicent
            Lv 42 Zoroark
            Lv 42 Vibrava
            Lv 48 Serperior

            I do not want to change any of my team. I have a Lucky egg and an Exp Share (Egg currently equipped to Vibrava, Exp Share to Jellicent). Could anyone give me any tips on where to train? I want my pokemon to all be at least Lv 55 each by the Elite Four. Thanks for reading!
            __________________
            My Challenges:

            Challenges Completed:
            The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
              #987    
            Old January 15th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
            Synerjee's Avatar
            Synerjee Synerjee is offline
            Atra du evarinya ono varda.
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Oct 2012
            Location: Everywhere and anywhere.
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 2,915
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
            Ok I have just beaten Drayden and done the Team plasma thing in Opelucid City (Where it freezes over) and beat Zinzolin. However, my team is horribly underleveled.

            Lv 42 Lucario
            Lv 41 Ampharos
            Lv 41 Jellicent
            Lv 42 Zoroark
            Lv 42 Vibrava
            Lv 48 Serperior

            I do not want to change any of my team. I have a Lucky egg and an Exp Share (Egg currently equipped to Vibrava, Exp Share to Jellicent). Could anyone give me any tips on where to train? I want my pokemon to all be at least Lv 55 each by the Elite Four. Thanks for reading!
            Have you tried battling Audino in shaking grass? Audino give your Pokemon a huge amount of experience when you defeat them. The higher-leveled Audinos are west of Humilau City (the city on the water with wooden houses) on route 22 near the entrance to the Giant Chasm and the patch of grass above Iccirus City near Dragonspiral Tower. Keep on battling Audino and you'll have your levels boosted in no time! All the best in your adventure!
            __________________
              #988    
            Old January 15th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
            Hikamaru's Avatar
            Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
            keeping spirits bright
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Australia
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 49,771
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
            Have you tried battling Audino in shaking grass? Audino give your Pokemon a huge amount of experience when you defeat them. The higher-leveled Audinos are west of Humilau City (the city on the water with wooden houses) on route 22 near the entrance to the Giant Chasm and the patch of grass above Iccirus City near Dragonspiral Tower. Keep on battling Audino and you'll have your levels boosted in no time! All the best in your adventure!
            Icirrus City is only available after beating the Elite Four, just to correct you there.
            __________________
            pair | tumblr | discord | poketrivia | us/um | supporter | friendcode
              #989    
            Old January 17th, 2013 (2:46 PM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
            Ok I have just beaten Drayden and done the Team plasma thing in Opelucid City (Where it freezes over) and beat Zinzolin. However, my team is horribly underleveled.

            Lv 42 Lucario
            Lv 41 Ampharos
            Lv 41 Jellicent
            Lv 42 Zoroark
            Lv 42 Vibrava
            Lv 48 Serperior

            I do not want to change any of my team. I have a Lucky egg and an Exp Share (Egg currently equipped to Vibrava, Exp Share to Jellicent). Could anyone give me any tips on where to train? I want my pokemon to all be at least Lv 55 each by the Elite Four. Thanks for reading!
            If you have them, also use the plus Exp pass powers, they'll really shorten the time.
            __________________
              #990    
            Old January 18th, 2013 (2:07 AM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sweet Smoochum View Post
            What do I do in Join Avenue to get more items, and talk to people to get them to come to the shops. I don't know what shop to send them to, when they're a little vague with the directions. You know...there! I don't know if I got the quote right. I want to rise in the ranks. I used to have a girl from an alternate version in my location, and the text went slow, and she went babababa.
            http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml
            That has everything everyone might say and what shop to send them too.
            __________________
              #991    
            Old January 18th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
            kingofbluesteel's Avatar
            kingofbluesteel kingofbluesteel is offline
            Pirate
               
              Join Date: Jul 2007
              Age: 30
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 94
              is foul play better than crunch on a krookdile?
              __________________
              I Love JESUS
              x:2105-9214-9508
                #992    
              Old January 18th, 2013 (1:28 PM).
              Hikamaru's Avatar
              Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
              keeping spirits bright
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 49,771
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
              is foul play better than crunch on a krookdile?
              Foul Play only does more damage on opponents with high Attack stats, which is a bit useless.

              Crunch is much superior to Foul Play as it has no drawbacks.
              __________________
              pair | tumblr | discord | poketrivia | us/um | supporter | friendcode
                #993    
              Old January 18th, 2013 (1:57 PM).
              kingofbluesteel's Avatar
              kingofbluesteel kingofbluesteel is offline
              Pirate
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Age: 30
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 94
                it says the base power of foul play is 95 is that only if the attack of the other is higher?
                __________________
                I Love JESUS
                x:2105-9214-9508
                  #994    
                Old January 18th, 2013 (2:19 PM).
                Kratosx's Avatar
                Kratosx Kratosx is offline
                Flareon Master
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2008
                  Location: Sweden
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 459
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
                  I have Black 2

                  I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

                  I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

                  I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

                  I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

                  I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.
                  Since Gen 5 the mother or father can pass dow the nature at 100% chance if it holds ever stone
                  __________________
                  Currently doings:

                  working on completing Alola dex, then will be shiny breeding in Moon

                  my 3DS FC is:
                  0216-2224-5730
                    #995    
                  Old January 18th, 2013 (2:29 PM).
                  PlatinumDude's Avatar
                  PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                  Nyeh?
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 12,919
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
                  it says the base power of foul play is 95 is that only if the attack of the other is higher?
                  Simply put, Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat to calculate damage, not Krookodile's. Most Ghost/Psychic 'mons (both types are weak to Dark) have low Attack, making it near useless, making Crunch the better option (as it uses Krookodile's own naturally high Attack). However, Foul Play sees merit in using the high Attack stat of Pokémon that don't resist Dark against them, like Haxorus.

                  Don't let Foul Play's 95 base power fool you; Crunch is still the reliable Dark STAB to have on Krookodile. Speaking of Foul Play itself, only Sableye and Umbreon can use it effectively, as they lack true offensive presence on their own.
                  __________________

                    #996    
                  Old January 19th, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                  jessemkv's Avatar
                  jessemkv jessemkv is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 21
                    Black 2

                    Is there a way I can reduce a pokemon's EV's without berries?

                    I have come to find that Speed EV's are really important on a Dragonite and Special Defense EV's are pretty useless, the hard way. -.-

                    I tried paying for "warm makeup" at the Beauty Salon in the Join Avenue but it says my Dragonite is already friendly, so that doesn't work. My Dragonite is lv99 btw
                      #997    
                    Old January 19th, 2013 (4:44 PM).
                    PlatinumDude's Avatar
                    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                    Nyeh?
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 12,919
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
                    Black 2

                    Is there a way I can reduce a pokemon's EV's without berries?

                    I have come to find that Speed EV's are really important on a Dragonite and Special Defense EV's are pretty useless, the hard way. -.-

                    I tried paying for "warm makeup" at the Beauty Salon in the Join Avenue but it says my Dragonite is already friendly, so that doesn't work. My Dragonite is lv99 btw
                    In Join Avenue, the Salon (assuming you hired the right person) has services that clear out a Pokémon's EVs while raising happiness.
                    __________________

                      #998    
                    Old January 19th, 2013 (5:00 PM).
                    jessemkv's Avatar
                    jessemkv jessemkv is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21
                      I know....

                      I mentioned that

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
                      Black 2
                      I tried paying for "warm makeup" at the Beauty Salon in the Join Avenue but it says my Dragonite is already friendly, so that doesn't work. My Dragonite is lv99 btw
                        #999    
                      Old January 19th, 2013 (5:20 PM).
                      PlatinumDude's Avatar
                      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                      Nyeh?
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2010
                      Location: Canada
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 12,919
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
                      I know....

                      I mentioned that
                      Sorry; missed it.

                      In that case, you'll need to make do with EV-reducing berries. They can be bought from the Pokémon Breeder at Route 5, but you can only buy 1 batch of a random kind of berry from her a day.
                      __________________

                        #1000    
                      Old January 20th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                      Memento Mori
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 14,508
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
                      I know....

                      I mentioned that
                      You may also try to lower Dragonite's happiness to use the Salon.
                      __________________
                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                      Closed Thread

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:51 PM.