• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Star Promos

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 24, 2018
Hi there!
I'm trying to pull together a black Star promo set. I'm not looking for sealed packs (unless cheap enough). I AM looking for the covering cards.
Did all 53 cards come with some sort of covering/backing card? Anyone got any pics? I need to know if the covering card had something on both sides or not (I Know some didn't and some did)
Cheers in advance.

So far as I can gather (Awaiting Confirmation):
1 - no covering card
2-5 - The four "first movie" cards. Need confirmation; may be different contries had different cover cards? Choice of: purple "Catch Mew" card with a blank back, yellow "Collect All Four" card (blank back) or "Master the game" card.
6 - no covering card
7 - no covering card
8 - no covering card
9 - no covering card
10 - Mine has a four-sided (folded) card with translations of the Meowth card in four different languages
11 - no covering card
12 - no covering card
13 - no covering card
14 - Master the Game! card
15 - no covering card
16 - no covering card
17 - no covering card
18 - no covering card
19 - no covering card
20 - no covering card
21-23 - Legendary Bird/Crossword
24 - no covering card
25 - no covering card
26 - no covering card
27 - no covering card
28 - no covering card
29 - Oversized Neo Genisis card
30 - no covering card
31 - no covering card
32 - no covering card
33 - no covering card
34 - Neo Unown card/Earn a Pichu
35 - no covering card
36 - no covering card
37 - no covering card
38 - no covering card
39 - no covering card
40-41 Red Pokemon Centre NY Card
42 - no covering card
43 - no covering card
44 - no covering card
45 - no covering card
46 - no covering card
47 - no covering card
48 - no covering card
49 - no covering card
50 - "Get in Your Zone" Blastoise card
51 - no covering card
52 - no covering card
53 - no covering card

Last edited:
Years
As I wasn't actively hunting promos in the WOTC era (I was between the ages of 9 and 12 while they had control of the releases, I can't say with 100% certainty, but I don't think all of them had those covering cards.

Back