• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 2019 pokemon switch game will be the best ever

Years
  • Age 23
  • Asia
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
It is confirmed that we are getting a core RPG, main series game in the second half of next year (2019) by nintendo. It maybe a bit early to predict what we would get by then, but there are some points which prove that the 8th gen will the best ever.

Many of us (including me) are not excited for Let's Go games. Revisiting kanto seems very boring to me (even with better graphics and some new features). Nintendo has done all this intentionally, they knew it would piss off some hardcore fans, but they did that. The reason being that nintendo has targeted the "casual audience" for these games (those who are new to pokemon games). It's all the business of expanding the current "core audience" (experienced pokemon gamers), so that they can make more money out of it.

But the 8th gen games will be targeted to hardcore pokemon gamers, and we may get what we all wanted for years. (Full article here) New pokemons, new region, new story, we're getting all this the next year, just for the core gamers (yeah we won't have to go for those lengthy tutorials in the beginning of the game).

Consider the fact that these have been in development for years (it will have 4 years of development time before it's released in 2019), which implies that these games can be huge and have a great story to tell, which game freak has always wanted to and maybe some cool customization features.

Moreover taking the advantage of switch's hardware capabilities we can expect great graphics (switch has 16 times the resolution of 3ds), and a much.., much better gameplay than the current one.

What do you think??

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Well, the game does sound like something to get excited for, but I'm being careful as to not get my hopes up too high. Even if it's still aimed at the "core" gamers there will probably be some sneaky irksome features sneaking in, such as unskippable cutscenes (which will now be very cinematic because of the Switch capabilities), which have been the bane of many a SM/USUM player, and if they're in this game they're most likely going to turn off the same kind of players.

Also, it should be noted that the Pokemon cycle is still in full swing. After these games come out the haters will just follow on to this one and claim it the worst generation ever, in terms of trying to nitpick various flaws that would otherwise pass over a general player.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
There is no pokemon cycle. Gen 7 was well received by most, I just voiced some problems I have with it, I thought it was okay. I'll probably end up liking gen 8 more than gen 7 due to it sounding promising as it is on the Switch

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I'm optimistic from everything I've heard about it.

I personally didn't like gen 7 at all and couldn't care less about the Let's Go games, so, so long as it's a lot less of all that stuff, I will probably like it.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Saying it's going to be the "best game ever" is pushing it a bit when it's not even out yet. I'm not going to overhype before there's any news to go by. Which... of course, won't be for awhile to come.

I just hope the 2019 Pokemon game isn't overhyped and then everyone gets disappointed. That's why I'm not going to judge until we get details.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I'm not too optimistic about these games, especially with GF's current mindset. I think that these games would be similar to the 3DS games.

Years
I find this amusing only because this sounds really familiar to the SM/USUM pre-release hype.

Fans get their hopes up high, believing that it'll be the greatest game ever, and when they play through it, they end up disappointed.

Back