The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
5th Gen Quick Questions

Closed Thread

Old November 22nd, 2012 (1:27 PM).
Too Scared To Post Anything

Nature: Timid
    Hi, I wanted to ask a question: I'm trying to train some of my Pokémon to reach around the 50's - 60's levels, and I have a Larvitar that a friend of mine traded with me (I gave him a Boldore, which evolved into a Gigalith soon after). He's level 13 right now, and what I wanted to ask: Should I grind thoughout each area (Until I get a certain level, where I will switch to another area), or do the exact same, but with Audinos only?

Oh God This is scary
    Old November 22nd, 2012 (1:30 PM).
    CoquettishCat

Nature: Relaxed
    Audino is your best bet. Honestly the most efficient way is to find the highest level Audino that your highest level Pokemon can take on, and then either give the lower level Pokemon an exp. share or give it a lucky egg and switch it out on the first turn. Plenty of exp that way.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 22nd, 2012 (2:59 PM).
    Dark-Type Gym Leader

Nature: Lax
      I don't know what all this 'hype' about Audino's is. I would like a clearer explanation on this.

In my personal opinion, as long as you've beaten the Elite Four, you can attach an EXP Share to your Larvitar and level it off of the REALLY high-levelled pokemon for some experience if need be. I find it to be easier that way since the shared EXP is like 2,000-3,500 in some areas (which equals to around.. 6 levels at level 13? IDK)

Anyway, good luck with it :D

Sleepy...

So sleepy...
      Old November 22nd, 2012 (3:15 PM).
      CoquettishCat

Nature: Relaxed
      Each Pokemon in existence has a base amount of experience they will give you, which is modified by things such as wild vs. tame, the level of your Pokemon, and its own level. For example, killing a Ditto would net you the base experience of 61, and a Patrat's base experience is 51. An Audino's base experience is 390. That's massively high; only Chansey has higher, and Chansey is difficult to find in the wild (impossible in the fifth generation). You get WAY more experience fighting Audino than any other Pokemon. And considering any place where high-level Pokemon are, Audino are, if you choose to battle normal wild Pokemon you're crippling yourself because Audino grinding is exponentially faster.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 22nd, 2012 (3:39 PM).
      Dark-Type Gym Leader

Nature: Lax
        So you're telling me that the EXP I get for killing Audino is significantly higher than other wild Pokemon?

I always used to think it was based off of the Weight and Level of the Pokemon instead of JUST the level. =/

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Wow, that does seem like a good idea XD.

Sleepy...

So sleepy...
        Old November 22nd, 2012 (6:29 PM).
        la justice

It's not based off weight at all, just clarifying. Only level and species, from what I know.

some princes don't become kings.
        Old November 24th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
        Villain

Nature: Hasty
          If you already used your beast on Zoroark and Celebi on Zorua, would the beast and Celebi still work on another file. I'm assuming no, but I want to be completely sure.
          Old November 24th, 2012 (11:45 PM).
          Eye of the Storm

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
            If you already used your beast on Zoroark and Celebi on Zorua, would the beast and Celebi still work on another file. I'm assuming no, but I want to be completely sure.
            No, If you read the description, it says that Celebi has "finally" met its friend in Castelia City, and that the other legendary battled in Lostlorn Forest or somesuch.

There might be codes to reset this status on them using Action Replay, but given the Event Pokémon can be regenerated in Gen. IV using such codes and relocated to Gen. V, I would just do that if you have that device. The two existing Pokémon can never do those events again, however, and you have to somehow acquire another pair.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
            Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old November 28th, 2012 (9:28 PM).
            the princess without voice

I'm assuming this goes here

If I have a Canadian Whimsicott and an American Whimsicott will the Masuda Method work??
            Old November 28th, 2012 (9:36 PM).
            NERF THIS!

Nature: Adamant
            No. I believe they have to be from different language games.

Edit: well bulbapedia seems to just say different countries. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
            Old November 28th, 2012 (9:44 PM).
            Eye of the Storm

Canada and America have the same North American version. I would go with the presumption that they are the same version and thus not considered different regions.

If this WERE to work, on the other hand, I have a lot of Madusa Method Pokés to try breeding...but given my Japanese Ditto is behind a lot of my breeding to date and I have 0 Shinies from it, I doubt it would matter.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old November 28th, 2012 (10:45 PM).
              the princess without voice

Ok thanks I'll use my Japanese Ditto just incase.
              Old November 30th, 2012 (5:59 AM).
              Banned

Nature: Modest
                Daylight Saving Time issues...

I am having an issue with my GameSync ALWAYS being out of energy EVERY DAY since I changed my DS clock for daylight saving time and are unable to tuck in a Pokémon!!! can someone help me figure out how to fix this??? both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have this issue!!! the Global Link website says the games are still compatible!!! can someone help me???
                Old November 30th, 2012 (6:44 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
                  Daylight Saving Time issues...

I am having an issue with my GameSync ALWAYS being out of energy EVERY DAY since I changed my DS clock for daylight saving time and are unable to tuck in a Pokémon!!! can someone help me figure out how to fix this??? both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have this issue!!! the Global Link website says the games are still compatible!!! can someone help me???
                  Okay, from what I know, changing your time would affect that. I'll consult my Black 2 manual, because both games are identical...Yep, if you change your time/date, you'd be unable to use Game Sync for a day. Not a calendar day, though. It's the real definition of "day" -- 24 hours. If you change your settings of date, time...well, you'd have to wait for 24 hours, then you can use it again. (That's 24 hours after the last save.) The same goes with if you change your DS system, that also affects this. (Yep, changing DS systems also affects the Game Sync time counter) Do this without changing DS systems, date settings and time settings.
                  Old November 30th, 2012 (7:13 AM).
                  Eye of the Storm

Alternatively, use Game Sync then change the time as needed when you're done.

Cyclone

Old November 30th, 2012 (8:04 AM).
                    Banned

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
                      Okay, from what I know, changing your time would affect that. I'll consult my Black 2 manual, because both games are identical...Yep, if you change your time/date, you'd be unable to use Game Sync for a day. Not a calendar day, though. It's the real definition of "day" -- 24 hours. If you change your settings of date, time...well, you'd have to wait for 24 hours, then you can use it again. (That's 24 hours after the last save.) The same goes with if you change your DS system, that also affects this. (Yep, changing DS systems also affects the Game Sync time counter) Do this without changing DS systems, date settings and time settings.

DON'T LIE!!!! it has been MANY DAYS!!!! IT IS STILL OUT OF ENERGY!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME A REAL ANSWER, NOT SOME MADE UP ONE!!!!!! THAT ISN'T A GOOD ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS INCORRECT!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING ME FALSE INFORMATION!!!!! I NEED HELP, NOT SOME ANSWER THAT IS INCORRECT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A REAL ANSWER????????
                      Old November 30th, 2012 (8:25 AM).

Quote:
                        DON'T LIE!!!! it has been MANY DAYS!!!! IT IS STILL OUT OF ENERGY!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME A REAL ANSWER, NOT SOME MADE UP ONE!!!!!! THAT ISN'T A GOOD ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS INCORRECT!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING ME FALSE INFORMATION!!!!! I NEED HELP, NOT SOME ANSWER THAT IS INCORRECT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A REAL ANSWER????????
                        Ok. You are wrong. That info is in the Official Manual. You cannot reset your time or it messes with your settings for the game. If you change them then you lose the ability to use time based events for 24 hours. If you don't like the answer that's too bad. That is the correct answer.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by from the Pokemon White Game Manual
                        Q: Why can't I use Game Sync even though I haven't used it yet today?

A: There are certain game features, such as Game Sync, that require a certain amount of time to pass before you can access them again. If you change your Nintendo DS system with another Nintendo DS system, or change the time or calendar settings of your Nintendo DS System, you may temporarily lose access to these features. In order to access these features again, you must wait 24 hours or more after saving your game, without changing your Nintendo DS system, the time setting, or the calendar setting.
                        Try being a little patient with others instead of flying off the handle, and stop replying in all caps or we'll just ignore you.
                        Old November 30th, 2012 (8:55 AM).
                        Banned

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                          Ok. You are wrong. That info is in the Official Manual. You cannot reset your time or it messes with your settings for the game. If you change them then you lose the ability to use time based events for 24 hours. If you don't like the answer that's too bad. That is the correct answer.

Try being a little patient with others instead of flying off the handle, and stop replying in all caps or we'll just ignore you.

then the official manual is wrong because the issue has been for many days!!!
                          Old November 30th, 2012 (9:01 AM).
                          used Sacred Fire!

Nature: Bold
                          Quote:
                          Quote:
                          justinrpg, could you please take a breather and relax. There's no need to yell at people who are trying to help you - try to avoid the capitals and just take a few moments to calm down next time, please.

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
                          Spinoffs and Clubhouse Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

Old November 30th, 2012 (9:06 AM).

Quote:
                            Quote:
                            In order to access these features again, you must wait 24 hours or more after saving your game, without changing your Nintendo DS system, the time setting, or the calendar setting.
                            Please see the underlined text and then the bolded word.

If you are tired of waiting, all you can do is reset your game and start a new Pokemon Dream World account and never touch your clock or calendar ever again. If not, then you have to wait until you can access it. There are no other answers. Those are your only options.

I believe you have to leave your DS off for the entire duration as well. I had that issue with my original black when I reset my time for DLS and it took a week of not playing it for me to get access again. I asked Nintendo directly for help and they said, to wait 24 hours just as it says in the manual.

You also have to save your game AFTER you changed the time. If you never saved, then that is a reason its not resetting.
                            Old December 1st, 2012 (1:32 AM).
                            Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
                            Quote:
                            Yeah, official manual is wrong... I don't really think that's the case.
                            Calm down and check the answers once again to ensure you did not forget anything important.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                            Old December 5th, 2012 (11:14 AM).

Does anyone know how to deal with theDSi 052100 error code?? Today I switched one of my wifi connections from WPA to WEP and when trying to connect to it (after manually entering my IP, DSN, etc etc), I get this 052100 error code, and when I check the Nintendo official support page, it says that this is a transmission problem with the router, how can I fix this? Someone please help, it's really frustrating and I'm not able to interact with prople online :(...
                              Thanks.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
                              Old December 5th, 2012 (11:44 AM).
                              Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Satycorn89 View Post
                                Does anyone know how to deal with theDSi 052100 error code?? Today I switched one of my wifi connections from WPA to WEP and when trying to connect to it (after manually entering my IP, DSN, etc etc), I get this 052100 error code, and when I check the Nintendo official support page, it says that this is a transmission problem with the router, how can I fix this? Someone please help, it's really frustrating and I'm not able to interact with prople online :(...
                                Thanks.
                                Not sure how helpful this will be, but I searched "DSi 052100" and got this: http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559578

Cyclone

Old December 5th, 2012 (1:13 PM).
                                Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Satycorn89 View Post
                                  Thanks.
                                  Hmm, is there a particular reason you had to put in all the info yourself? Usually you can just tell it to look for the hotspot and it'll give it to you, and you can put in the pass. Cyclone's fix included trying it in the advanced connections; you go to connection no. 4, it's there as an option when you try make a new connection, and try it using that one. I'd again recommend doing just a quick search for the hotspot and then just putting in the password instead of all of that manually; in case you were doing that because the security settings didn't work, do connection 4, if for something else, by all means continue if it is needed.
                                  Old December 5th, 2012 (3:50 PM).

I filled in the info because at first I got an error saying that my ip could not be located, I went to the nintendo page, looked up on that error and they indicated that I should manually enter my ip, default gateway, etc. etc.
                                    After that I got the current message, the 052100 that I have mentioned above.
                                    I thought the 4th slot was for WPA connections only? However, I tried that with the WEP and I still got an error, saying that my ip could still not be located. I manually entered the details again, and got the error number 052010, which according to Nintendo can be fixed by one of these things: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/wrSetupHelp.jsp
                                    I have not upgraded my firmware, will that help?
                                    This sucks! :((....

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply