• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I had that issue when I started a new game on my SoulSilver. Completely forgot about that, and played until Violet. XD; Not really that much, but still...

Anyways, I'm looking at the Corna Pokedex (the region in Quartz) trying to decide what to do to slaughter that Leader. I need to learn the types of Pokemon...;_; It's my first time playing Quartz.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I had that issue when I started a new game on my SoulSilver. Completely forgot about that, and played until Violet. XD; Not really that much, but still...

Anyways, I'm looking at the Corna Pokedex (the region in Quartz) trying to decide what to do to slaughter that Leader. I need to learn the types of Pokemon...;_; It's my first time playing Quartz.

I played a long time ago. Aren't the starters like elemental eggs or something?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So how busy are people? I remember we had discussed around New Year's that idea for the PC challenge event where you are organized into two teams, everyone does a certain challenge for the team, etc. and someone thought we should try a test version of it first to get any kinks worked out. People up for it or too busy?

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Here's something I thought about while Nuzlocking Red. What about something like "Clean" Nuzlocke ? It might be Game Over whenever you lost your first Pokemon...

Once again, this is really hard, as fainting means that your adventure has ended. What do you guys think ?

Years
Ouch. I have so far lost my starter every time in a Nuzlocke, no matter what.
And I keep losing one Pokemon before the first gym, always before its first level up.
I really wouldn't get far in such a challenge, unless I do an easy solo run maybe..or get lucky

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Here's something I thought about while Nuzlocking Red. What about something like "Clean" Nuzlocke ? It might be Game Over whenever you lost your first Pokemon...

Once again, this is really hard, as fainting means that your adventure has ended. What do you guys think ?
Well, I did my Yellow Nuzlocke without losing anyone. But Yellow was sort of cheating since I started with Electric, found Butterfree (Psychic), and then got Charmander and Squirtle and Bulbasaur where there was a 100% chance of me getting them when and where I wanted. So I knew for a fact that I would have a well varied team and I just made sure that they were overleveled at all times.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I personally would rather have that event during this year's get together, since it's during summer (er, well it's summer during America...lol, but most people don't have school and it's usually planned on a weekend, you get me?).

Also AGAIN, my apologies for not being all in here and paying attention to stuff. v_v But to compensate for it, I think it was yesterday that I deleted a thread waiting on approval that was like...asking how you benefit from TMs. I was just like "wut" lol :( That's not a challenge silly.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
By the way, I finally beat HeartGold on the Pokebro's challenge. I ended up beating the Elite Four 19 times to prepare for Red, lol, and I still had to use a Max Revive (L72s mostly).I also had to edit the post I made when I had 7 Kanto badges because no one is posting...

Thank God for the Choice Items, they saved my butt against Lance (and Red a bit).

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I freaking hate Red. 4th least favorite fight behind May on the route between Slateport and Mauville, Gary in Silph Co. and any Sabrina fight.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I'm gonna put it here for those of you who don't look at the Monotype thread.
I found a shiny Stantler.... and ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it.... I'm not sure whether to be completely annoyed or laughing my face off.

oh, and btw. Have you ever considering Stickying the most popular challenges?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not in favor of stickying the most popular challenges because I don't like stickies cluttering the top of the forum. The most popular ones don't even move off the first page, so there's really no point in doing that. Plus that'd be about...four stickies (Monotype, Nuzlocke, Favorite, Solo, I think those are the most popular idek, don't wanna check) so then there'd be 6 + any events that might come around. I'm not in favor of that at all, not for such a simple section. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah. It's nice how it is I think. ^-^; ALSO. Sorry about the Stantler. :( I always have a bunch of Pokeballs with me, just in case I bump into a shiny...haha.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm not in favor of stickying the most popular challenges because I don't like stickies cluttering the top of the forum. The most popular ones don't even move off the first page, so there's really no point in doing that. Plus that'd be about...four stickies (Monotype, Nuzlocke, Favorite, Solo, I think those are the most popular idek, don't wanna check) so then there'd be 6 + any events that might come around. I'm not in favor of that at all, not for such a simple section. :(
But syd, most of us are Lazy. We put all our energy into doing challenges. No energy to scroll half a page down...

Years

Betti, the first leader is a user of Bug Types. Just pick Firegg and you'll most likely win.
Just beware of her Rocorrodo, it gets STAB Rock Throw.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, so I finished my ultimate Normal monotype! now I only have 3 active challenges, with 2 of em kind of on hold. I'm not really looking forward to grinding through Kanto again on my Dexter's challenge.

I'm thinking about another monotype - those are always fun and never get old, as long as the second game is on GSC rather than HGSS, im tired of no$gba right now :D. Any recommendations (not water, flying, normal, please)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back