• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
It means I can't do Global Trade with a WPA 2 PSK connection. I guess that's why there's friend's connection!;-)

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I recently evolved my Swablu to Altaria in Platinum. I do not,however,know what to nickname this fluffy dragon.What should I nickname it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hey guys.
Im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. This topic is the main reason why i signed up, i will post things here sometimes, but i wont be a player that will use the forum alot.

Well, i do own a R4 Card, and so far i know its legal, as long i have the game original (and i do). I have stuff like Diamond, Platinum, HG, White and the old Emerald on it. When i was studieng the Pokemon Code (in other words, cheating stuff in) i realized something...

Before i continue with this- i DO own Pokemon Platinum.

Is it still "Legal" if i cheat Pokemon in on my Pokemon Platinum on my R4, and then transfer them over to my Pokemon Platinum that is original? That makes it legal to cheat Pokemons in, right? So far i know cheating in Pokemon is allowed, it just illegal to have a game on a R4 that you dont own.

Anyone haves a idea?

Saw my post got moved into this. Still hoping for a answer.

Well, it does work. I tried to trade over a magikarp with no stats, abilities, EV/IVs and it worked (along with 5 other Pokemon that where rotting in my box).

I recently evolved my Swablu to Altaria in Platinum. I do not,however,know what to nickname this fluffy dragon.What should I nickname it?

Fluffy? Flaffy? Swabby?
Why should you actually nick it? Just nic it Altaria, lower-cased.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

YOU MUST NAME IT SYDIAN!!!

Saw my post got moved into this. Still hoping for a answer.

Well, it does work. I tried to trade over a magikarp with no stats, abilities, EV/IVs and it worked (along with 5 other Pokemon that where rotting in my box).

Pokémon that have been inserted through cheating are never legal. If you mean will the real game not reject them, then yes, they can be traded. Wifi battles will not allow them in if they are irregular though. If you mean is it legal as in a law in your country, I'm not sure, it'd probably vary where you are. Just never trade Pokémon obtained through cheating here, well unless you want an infraction.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Pokémon that have been inserted through cheating are never legal. If you mean will the real game not reject them, then yes, they can be traded. Wifi battles will not allow them in if they are irregular though. Just never trade Pokémon obtained through cheating here, well unless you want an infraction.
Thanks for the info.

I already tried to partipicate in a Wifi-Battle on White with that Magicarp, and it didnt work. I assume if i breed my Pokemon (For example: Wailer) and my main breeding Pokemon does know a Egg move, it will learn it?

If you mean is it legal as in a law in your country, I'm not sure, it'd probably vary where you are.
I dont know if you mean owning a R4 Card (because that is legal in all countries), or owning cheated Pokemon (that is illegal). Afcourse i know the difference about it, dont think im going to abuse it or something.

Just a question to add on- I assume if you keep your cheated Pokemon on the game you made it (for example, i cheat a shiny Dialga on pokemon Platinum), and keep it on that game, not trade it/abuse it, its ok? I wont know why this shouldnt be allowed.

shae

Veteran Trainer
Years
Pearl team suggestions

I am going to start a new pearl game soon and i need a team. I do not plan on using my starter.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Well it's hard to decide you a team, because everyone will probably most likely be giving all sorts of suggestions. I'm not sure what sort of Pokemon you like working with as in the bulky type, generally good attackers, a diverse team or anything really. However without further ado I can recommend you put at least one of these Pokemon on your team, seeing as I've used them before and they're pretty good depending on how long you can wait to get certain team members.

Well firstly for good Pokemon you can catch rather early in the game I'd recommend a Shinx which evolves into Luxio then Luxray. It's the earliest electric-type you can probably find in-game but it still packs a punch and can do wonders if you give it the right moveset. It has access to a huge range of attacks that consist of the many fangs, strong electric-type attacks and even moves such as Superpower. However there are still some other fantastic electric-types out there such as Electivire and Magnezone but you'll have to wait far into the game probably to get your hands on one. For Magnezone you can only find it's first stage evolution at Fuego Ironworks which you can't access without Surf and for Electivire, you can't find Electrabuzz until right before the last gym. So yeah depends how patient and willing you are to get your team members.

Seeing as you won't be using your starter, you'll still definitely need a water-type. In fact I find it ridiculously hard to play the games without one. For a good water type I'd suggest either Floatzel or Gyarados, both with different types and interesting movesets. Golduck is pretty decent as well, but usually I use Empoleon seeing as it's the most powerful at least in my eyes.

And I would recommend you get a flying type as well. Staraptor is powerful but the normal/flying typing isn't too diverse so I'd say you should try Crobat! Crobat is a wonderful addition to all the teams I've placed it in, it's tricky to train in the beginning as a Zubat but trust me it's definitely worth it in the end. n__n

Other than that all I can say is your team should most likely have a water-type, a flying, an electric and essentially all the basic types that make a good team. Good luck! n_n

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I think you will have to get a Staraptor a Rapidash and Turtwig would a great choice because when he becomes a Torterra,he can knock out fire types easily because he'll be half grass,half ground.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've reached the end of Victory Road in Platinum, but can't get past the NPC boy who's blocking the exit. (You know, the kid who talks about keeping my sights on winning the League...) I'm guessing that I've omitted some mission further back in the area, but have no idea what the mission is. Could someone please let me know how to get that NPC out of the way? Thanks so much!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hmm there isn't an NPC blocking your entrance at the end of Victory Road. However I do remember a man blocking a path in Victory Road but unfortunately that isn't the end of Victory Road. What you're trying to access, if this is the man I think you're talking about is an area that can only be accessed in the after-game and where you'll find Marley. Who Marley is I won't reveal just so the suspense is still there. n__n. But yeah that isn't the end of Victory Road, if you could provide pictures on your location I could help further but other than that I'll just have to say, where I think you are isn't the end yet. :<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's not the exit. That leads to a post-game only area. You can access it after beating the Elite Four. The exit is further up, but you are almost done.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I'm still searching for the Victory Road exit, and have checked most reachable parts of the 1st-2nd floors. Currently, I've returned to a hilltop between two climbable walls and some bridges (see the attached screenshot). Which way do I go from there?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
planning on stealing reds light ball post game Who should i give thief to, i was thinking a ground that could learn it to counteract pikachus electric moves... looking for suggestions on the pokemon to use, can be anyone tho

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@ISNorden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTlc4bZMBE Go to the next part if it doesn't finish VR in this video. I haven't done it in so long that I don't remember the exact path. I just now it's north of that blocked door, but it's a twisted path to get there.

@HelzAssassin: Dugtrio may be a good choice. It's frail, but if you have it leveled up high enough, it may outspeed Pikachu, plus it will be immune to Electric moves. Gliscor would also be a good choice. I don't think it's as fast as Dugtrio, but it is much bulkier, so you'd have a better chance of getting to use it against other members of his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back