• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: PokéCommunity Tournament Guide

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Pok?Community Tournament Guide

Hi, so my idea would be to make a kind of guide for members of the community to help them ease into tournaments better. This would be mostly about teambuilding for tournaments, and also what to expect when entered in a tournament.

Years
I like the idea, the battling section here has a lot of tournaments throughout the year. It could convince more people to join them. Would the article focus more on tournaments here or also the official VGC tournaments?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I like the idea, the battling section here has a lot of tournaments throughout the year. It could convince more people to join them. Would the article focus more on tournaments here or also the official VGC tournaments?

It would focus more on the tournaments here, as I have no clue about VGC. I think after this article, someone can use it as a reference for a VGC article.

Years
Ah ok. I don't think there are guides on team building/tournament tips. This is something that'd be good to have in my opinion.

+1 from me!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
+1 from me too. Just to clarify though, you were also thinking of this being in two parts iirc (so what you said in the OP but split into two articles, or just two sections of the one article)?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
+1 from me too. Just to clarify though, you were also thinking of this being in two parts iirc (so what you said in the OP but split into two articles, or just two sections of the one article)?

Crap, forgot I posted this. Uh I'll start writing and then I'll let you guys know, is that fine? If the content is too much/dispersed, I will split it.

EDIT: Okay after consideration, I think it should be one article but with 2 sections.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Giving a poke and some feedback on the start you've made!

Don't forget the excerpt, and did you want a cover image? If so post in the image request message/poke the artists on the Daily team.

2nd paragraph - may be worth linking to an example or two of tournaments done/happening on PC. Also insert a link to the Battling section in the first instance of it being mentioned.
So suppose you have successfully joined a tournament, but what now?
Could drop the 'so' at the start and go "...a tournament. But now what?" Up to you though.

No other comments thus far; it seems sensible so far!

Back