• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Selection Screen (Sun/Moon)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
This script creates scene that looks like Gender selection of Pokemon Sun/Moon.

v.17:
This script allows you to have 8 choices.
v.19:
This script allows you to have many choices (8+).
Read 'readme' to know.

How to use
Choose version and read 'readme' to use.
Find in this link -> Link

Credit
bo4p5687
Richard PT (graphics)

* Update *
21/6/2022: Compatible v.20.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
This looks nice !
Is there a way to modify the script to add a switch in to know if the player selected a boy or a girl ?

You know, for later events in the game that depend on the player's gender.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
This looks nice !
Is there a way to modify the script to add a switch in to know if the player selected a boy or a girl ?

You know, for later events in the game that depend on the player's gender.

Oh No! It isn't necessary.

You can change the player's gender without switch.

In folder "PBS", search "trainertypes" and "metadata".

In metadata, each player have a name like: "PlayerA=POKEMONTRAINER_Red", this name will decide the player who is male or female. Why? Because in "trainertypes", you can see line "0,POKEMONTRAINER_Red,Pokémon Trainer,60,,,,Male,,", this line decided 'POKEMONTRAINER_Red' who is a male. So, you can set up each character who is male or female with this method.

If you want more informations, search this determine gender

Last edited:

Onism

Compendia Synaisthima
Years
This might be a silly question, sorry, but what does this section refer to?
QmsN4k8.png

Do I need to change it to the names in metadata.txt, the names in trainertypes.txt, or something else? Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
This might be a silly question, sorry, but what does this section refer to?
Do I need to change it to the names in metadata.txt, the names in trainertypes.txt, or something else? Thanks in advance

This is the name of the pictures in folder: "GenderSelection". In this script, you can change
into
but in the folder "GenderSelection", your picture must change the name "AvatarA" into "Somename".

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Great script! However there are some minor issues which do need be addressed.

The sprite placements are wacky... they're all skewed off center to the right. And there is no pbNamePlayer so you have to add that in yourself. Those are all quick fixes for a future patch.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 31, 2022
This looks really cool, but for some reason the avatar sprites don't show up. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It works flawlessly actually, but the sprites still never show up in the character selection screen. I'm using the default backgrounds provided. Could it be a layering issue?

Edit2: Nope, tried it with transparent backgrounds. The avatar images just aren't showing up at all for some reason. I'm on essentials 7.2

Edit3: Also tried it on a blank version of Essentials, no dice

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Spoiler:

Sorry about that! But this script just give you how to choice what boy or what girl... and the name, you can find in Event 001 of pokemon essentials, after Show choice (like I noted in my script).

Spoiler:

Maybe, you don't add new player in metadata because I tested and it's compatible pokemon essentials v18.1

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Update:
Now, this scipt can have mutiple choices, it's easier to change name and position,etc. Just remember "add player for choose".

Boxply

Decently Experienced Ruby Coder
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 27, 2021
Don't you have like a video on how to add new characters for v19? I do not understand over how to add new characters and display them in the selection screen. Could you step by step note it down?

Back