• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] XSE not working with Windows 10

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
So I'm not sure if this is the issue or not, but I've recently upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I try to use XSE it automatically crashes. So once I open it, It's open for literally a second and then it crashes and says "A whole new scripting experience has stopped working". Any idea as to why this happens?

Please help me, I need XSE to work on my hack!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
The only thing I can think of that would make XSE suddenly start crashing is if the .ini for the program references locations that no longer exist on the computer, because that's what has caused XSE to crash in the past for me. Otherwise you may have just gotten unlucky :\

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Try making it run in compatibility mode for windows 7 or xp, If that doesn't solve it, then it's what HM said.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
In the folder XSE's in, there's a file called Settings.ini. Open that in Notepad and find this line:
AutoUpdateCheck=1

And simply change the 1 to 0 (basically changing it from yes to no). This is what worked for me after tons of headache, so I hope it works for you as well.

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Oct 2, 2023
I am trying to use XSE alongside advance map on a super old windows computer. I think it's windows 7. I used to do this kind of thing heaps and it always worked completely fine as a script editor. However, all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried going into the settings and changing it from AutoUpdateCheck=1 to 0 but two things: it was already on 0 so I thought maybe it needed to be at 1 but then I couldn't even save it anyway.

Back