• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bright Lights - The Region of Unova

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Aw, but I actually sort of dislike battling against Audino, haha. They're so adorable, and it sort of hurts to be attacking these fellows. I've still done it, though, nonetheless, as they give you a load of experience. Aside from that metallic-ant Pokémon (can't recall its name), there aren't many others that lend you exp. like this.

Years
Of all places in Unova, where do you find yourself training most often?

Pretty much the nearest route where Audino can easily be found in rustling grass. Or if I'm at a level too high where the Audino give out minimal EXP I sometimes grind against the trainers in Nimbasa City's Big Stadium and Small Court. Thankfully B2/W2 had more rematch options so yeah there was more ways I could train there compared to B/W.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Username: .Missingno
Partner:Oshawatt
Hardest Gym Leader?: Well I haven't played the entire game yet so this one is a no brainer for the moment and that would be Cheran but I would say that will change as I get further!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to our club, Missingno! Yeah, Charen is indeed quite difficult to get through; when I'd first battled him, it took me nearly four attempts to get him beaten. Though, some of it is my fault, as I didn't train my Pokémon enough; if I did, I'm sure it would've been much easier.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Welcome to our club, Missingno! Yeah, Charen is indeed quite difficult to get through; when I'd first battled him, it took me nearly four attempts to get him beaten. Though, some of it is my fault, as I didn't train my Pokémon enough; if I did, I'm sure it would've been much easier.

It took me closer to 6..... Lol but thank you!

Years
Ah yes, I know Cheren with his stupid Work Up can be nasty. When I battled him in one of my recent big White 2 plays, I lowered his Patrat's Attack a lot with my Purrloin, and then had my Snivy set up Growth and I still barely made it out with 3 HP against his last Pokémon (a Pidove, which is his Challenge Mode addition). Even with +4 Attack, his Lillipup only took a bit over half from Vine Whip, but he knocked me into Overgrow range and I killed him, haha.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It doesn't help that you don't get any Fighting, Steel, Ghost, or Rock types that early in the game to help you out against Cheren. Well, there is Riolu, but its only Fighting attack that early in the game is Counter, which isn't gonna help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sadly, I don't recall getting Riolu that early in that game. Did someone give it to you, or was it available in wild? I think it's most likely latter, as I really don't remember former occurring, unfortunately. As Zekrom have explained, though, it probably wouldn't have helped either way.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Sadly, I don't recall getting Riolu that early in that game. Did someone give it to you, or was it available in wild?
You can find Riolus in Flocessy Ranch, but they're a bit on the rare side.

Years
When Black 2 and White 2 were new, I hated seeing Lucario on every other in-game team. I always thought, hey, get something more original! (Even though this is coming from a guy who used Chandelure, Lilligant AND Electivire in his first White 2 playthrough...) I've never used it in any of my plays, until recently in my Time Warp challenge where I happened to run into a female one, which I thought was kinda cool to find given how rare it is (12.5% chance), so I thought hey i'll catch it. And it had a neutral nature, so I stuck with it. From what I hear, it doesn't get many good Fighting-type attacks early on, but it gets stronger later near the end. Really wish Lucario kept Nasty Plot by level-up like Riolu gets, though!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, many Pokémon are common among BW and BW2 teams. Though, there's good reason behind each and every one, so it doesn't quite bother me. In Black version, I've used a ton of over-used Pokémon myself, including Golurk, Chandelure, Jellicent, and more. Personally, I was quite a huge fan of Golurk; it had No Guard, and was able to execute moves without any trouble at all. It was an alternative to Machamp, but only with a different typing; was a nice change of pace, if you ask me!

Okay, let's move away from games for a while and start discussing something else. Have you watched Black & White anime? If so, what did you like about it, and what did you dislike? Which episode would you call your favorite, and why? Which characters do you enjoy watching most?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Nah, I haven't really watched the B/W anime. All I've seen of it is the Victini/Zekrom/REshiram movie, the Keldeo/Kyurem movie, and like one other episode. Haven't really been into the anime in years. I used to watch it all the time up until around the end of the Hoenn stuff though.

Is the Genesect movie still part of the B/W anime or does that one slip on over into X/Y? I don't remember, but have been meaning to watch it.

Years
Have you watched Black & White anime?
I watched like a couple episodes, but not many at all. I did see the Meloetta and the Undersea Temple episodes (with Giovanni and the Therian Forms of the kami trio), and the Iris vs Drayden fight in the Opelucid Gym which I thought was neat. The former I really wanted to see the kami trio, so I caught that at least.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've personally found Black and White season to be okay, but not all that great. What chased me away from it was Team Rocket; unlike previous seasons, they were quite serious this time around, which, in my opinion, just not too fun to watch. If it weren't for that, I'm sure it would've been a lot better.

Also, I think Genesect movie is a part, since that's where we get introduced to Mewtwo's mega-forms (which is a generation six thing).

Back